PDA

View Full Version : 2k Black Templars. Why? Because heretics don't skull-f*** themselves.

StMichael
07-27-2012, 04:24 AM
I know the buzz is that shooty armies are the new thing and that assault armies have gone the way of the dodo, but you know what, six thousand screaming fanatics will not be denied! And so, I present my righteous list of skull-f***ery.

HQ:
Master of Sanctity, Artificer armor, terminator honors, jump pack, bolt pistol. 161

Emperor's Champion, Accept any challenge. 140

Troops:
10 Initiates, 4 neophytes, power fist, melta, LRC w/ smoke launchers. All bolt pistol/CCW 493 - Attached to Emperor's Champion.

10 Initiates, 10 neophytes, power fist, melta, foot slogging (possible reserves). 285. All bolt pistol/CCW

Elites:
6 assault terminators, 3 TH/SS, 3 LC, furious charge, LRC w/ smoke launchers. 526

Fast Attack:
10 assault marines, power fist. 235. Attached to Master of Sanctity. Possibly deep striking.

Heavy Support:
Vindicator, Power of the Machine Spirit, Dozer Blade. 160

Grand total, 2000 points even. If there are any glaring issues or tactical blunders besides the obvious one of making an assault list in 6th edition, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Of particular note is the general synergy of overwatch (generally good for one or two kills right before a charge) with righteous zeal, as well as a chaplain pairing up with assault marines that have rage, giving them 6 rerolling attacks on a charge.

StMichael
07-28-2012, 01:23 AM
I don't know if the list is just solid and doesn't need feedback, or if it's so flawed no one knows where to begin.

Anggul
07-28-2012, 06:59 AM
I think you should split the big squad into two separate ones. That way you can take more objectives. Simple but important.

Chumbalaya
07-28-2012, 06:18 PM
So it's a double LR list with extra jumpers and foot marines with virtually 0 firepower.

Well, uh, good luck with that pal.

StMichael
07-28-2012, 08:25 PM
So it's a double LR list with extra jumpers and foot marines with virtually 0 firepower.

Well, uh, good luck with that pal.

4 meltas, 3 fists, 3 thunder hammers and a vindicator is 0 firepower? That's on top of the flood of close combat attacks that will glance anything with rear armor 10 into oblivion.

Could you be at least somewhat helpful?

thecactusman17
07-28-2012, 08:46 PM
OK, everything is going good right up until a flyer comes onto the table. You can barely even touch them much less hurt them, and God help you should there be more than one.

At 2k, seriously consider at least an Aegis line with the Quad-cannon.

StMichael
07-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Right, forgot about flyers. I'll have to look into that.

StMichael
07-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Alright, I can ditch a terminator and 3 assault marines to buy an Aegis line with the quad cannon, and have 9 points left over.

Chumbalaya
07-29-2012, 11:06 AM
4 meltas, 3 fists, 3 thunder hammers and a vindicator is 0 firepower? That's on top of the flood of close combat attacks that will glance anything with rear armor 10 into oblivion.

Could you be at least somewhat helpful?

Well, pretty much everything is assault range, leaving you at the mercy of any army with a good bit of firepower.

Dedicated assault units will slap your Crusaders and Termies silly while stuff like Tyranids, IG and Orks will tie them up in combat indefinitely.

You have nothing to contest flyers.

Most army have ranged power as well as midfield control units. They can strip your Vindy's HPs down or go after LRCs or gank them with melta/gauss/haywire. Once the Raiders go, you're just a foot army begging to get gunned down.

I think the double LR list is a horrible idea in 6th, but if you're going to do it, you need support units to crack enemy armor, clear out bubblewrap, and make your assaulters' jobs easier. Look to Typhoons, CML Termies and allies to shore up these deficient areas. Alternatively, just go full Black Tide.

Mephistonsrage
07-29-2012, 03:50 PM
I have not dealt with alot of flyers as of yet. Could someone tell me how big of a game changer they truly are to the game. It seems weird they put them in the game where some armies have few if any true counters. I take that back, they just gave Marines the SkyTalon? and the Orks have their dakkajets. But outside of those two?

Tynskel
07-29-2012, 04:54 PM
I am listing the non-super heavies

IG: Valkyrie, Vendetta, Vulture, Thunderbolt, Lightning, Aquilla Lander, Taros Shuttle
SM (lumping them all together): Stormraven, Ceastus Assault Ram, Stormtalon
Eldar: Nightwing, Phoenix (I believe this isn't a super heavy)
Dark Eldar: Raven, Razorwing Jet/Bomber
Tau: Barracuda (Tau are slightly lacking, because their super heavies are Fighter/Bommbers, however, the Barracuda is one of the best Fighters in the game) oops, forgot: Remora
Necrons: Doom Scythe, Night Scythe
Orks: Fighta-Bomma, Dakkajet, Burna-Bomma, Blitz-Bomma
Tyranids: Flying Tyrants, Harpies
Daemons: Variety of Flying Monsterous Creatures
Chaos Marines: Helltalon

So there are LOTS of flyers.
When it comes to 'game changing', though, really I would say that the IG are the ones with truly scary Air power, when it comes to threatening the ground, not to mention, durable flyers (AV12).

Where did they come from? Well, the majority of them have been around for 10 years...
The cool thing is that the book officially designates 'second detachment' at 2000 points, which basically opens the game up to all super heavies after 2000 points. It is at that point you should be really scared of flyers, especially Tau. They can bring some really nasty firepower from the air.