PDA

View Full Version : New to Dust

McScrotington
07-31-2012, 09:56 PM
I recently made a few Dust Tactics purchases after playing the game a couple of times. I have almost $300 dollars in store credit at my FLGS and I am interested in expanding my collection. In addition to the items listed below, I have 2 copies of the play mats, dice, terrain features, and tiles from the Revised Box Set. I want to create 2 balanced forces (Axis and Allies) with a variety of terrain features at my disposal so I can create fun games for friends. This is where you come in. Below I have listed the game pieces that I own and the ones that I am considering for purchase. I would also like the units to be useful in Dust Warfare since I plan on playing both. So, what would you spend $300 on in you were in my position?

OWNED

-Allies-

-Heroes
Rhino x2
Action Jackson
Bazooka Joe

-Units
Hell Boys x2
Death Dealers x2
The Hammers x2
BBQ Squad
Recon Boys

-Walkers
Blackhawk x2
Mickey/Pounder/Hot Dog x2

+Axis+

+Heroes
Lara
Stefan
Totenmeister
Grenadier X

+Units
Strumpioniere
Heavy Flak Grenadiers
Heavy Laser Grenadiers
Battle Grenadiers/Panzer Killers (old cards)
Heavy Recon Grenadiers

+Walkers
Hans
Luther/Ludwig/Lothar (old cards)

PURCHASES

-Allies-

-Units
The Gunners $20
The Boss $15
Special Ops Rangers $15
Grim Reapers $15
Tank Busters $15
Red Devils $20
Corps Officers $20
Allies Hero Pack $20

-Walker
Light Assault Walker $25
Heavy Assault Walker $40
MCM M3 $30

TOTAL = $235

+Axis+

+Units
Recon Grenadiers $15
Laser Grenadiers $15
Kommandotrupp $15
Special Ops Grenadiers $15
Axis Gorillas $15
Axis Zombies $15
Heavy Kommandotrupp $20

+Walkers
Light Panzer Walker $25
Heavy Panzer Walker $40
Axis Panzer-Kampflaufer III $30

TOTAL = $205

=Accessories=

Terrain Tile Set $30
Operation Cyclone $40
Operation Seelowe $40
Operation Ceberus $45
Units Card Upgrade Pack $15

TOTAL = $170

RealGenius
08-01-2012, 10:09 AM
I'd say get some of the new Units from Zverograd and maybe some SSU?

For Allies, Grim Reapers and Tank Hunters and might as well get Red Devils since you have Action Jackson.

wittdooley
08-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Are you looking to stay with Tactics only, or do you also wish to move onto Warfare?

Either way, you'll want the leader equivalent for both armies at least twice (two boxes each) so you'll want to pick up 2 of The Boss and Kommandotruppen

As for Allies: Grim Reapers are arguably their best unit. They're devastating. I'd pick up two of them. If you want to use Red Devils, You'll also want to take them in more than one unit (especially for Warfare).

I don't routinely play the Axis, so I can't speak more to them.

The heavies, IMO, are superfulous as this point, and I honestly think it's a wasted chunk of change unless you REALLY want to play large games with high point values.

McScrotington
08-01-2012, 11:06 PM
I plan on playing both Dust Tactics and Dust Warfare so I would prefer as much cross over as possible between the 2 games.

bob10182
08-29-2012, 11:59 PM
I would really stress the Armor 3 units like, Grim Reapers and Heavy Recon Grendadiers, there are a lot more air untis coming out soon and these guys are already hardcore not to mention they can tear up helicopters. I would also consider some of the snipers for both armies, they are cheap and effective. Other than that i would start playing first and see what you think you need based on your experience and gameplay.