PDA

View Full Version : New Army Help

wittdooley
09-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Okay, so I've been playing WAR Online, and as an Order player, it has me really interested in starting another WHFB army.

I think I want to do either Dwarves or Empire. I've also always loved the look of the Ogre Kingdoms, but they aren't Order, and I really dig the order stuff. Anways, I have a Lizardmen army now that I like a lot, so I'd like the next army to be a bit of a departure from the Lizardmen...which I know is hard since the the Lizardmen are very diverse. So I guess, if anyone that plays these armies as their main army, could give me an idea of their playstyles and competetive army compositions.

Thanks in advance!

Sean

brominated
09-30-2009, 09:42 PM
I strongly recommend you take a look at Empire. They have a huge variety of styles you can play with them and are a heck of a lot of fun to use. Also fluff-wise, there are variations for all sorts such as a heavy gunline for the city of Nuln, or a more skirmishing army for Hochland or Averland. The Detachments make static resolution difficult for other sides, and the ability to field lots of units provides you a good base-point for forming a solid line attack strategy. Also there are really entertaining items in there such as pigeon bombs and flagellants.