PDA

View Full Version : FW Lord of Change Rules?

FirstLegion
10-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Saw this over on Warseer...

-=-=-=-=-
Aetaos'Rau'Keres - 999pts

Daemon, Gargantuan Creature

Daemonic Gifts: Daemonic Flight, Soul Devourer, Daemonic Gaze, Bolt of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, We Are Legion

WS9 BS6 S8 T8 W9 I9 A5 Ld10 Sv3+

His save is invulnerable.

Abilities:

Aetaos'Rau'Keres counts as an Icon of Chaos.

Enemies taking Ld tests as a result of losing a combat involving Aetaos'Rau'Keres do so at -2.

Psychic powers and Demonic Gifts "hitting" Aetaos'Rau'Keres may be reflected back at the user on a D6 roll of 4+. Thereafter, shooting powers hit automatically (i.e. no to hit roll, just reflection roll); any powers which involve both the user and the target (e.g. Mind War?) count Aetaos'Rau'Keres as the user.

Ranged attack: 48" range, Assault 1, Large Blast. When the position of the template is determined, a new unit composed of 1D6 Horrors is placed on the template. Thereafter they behave exactly like a unit of Horrors from C:CD that had arrived that turn, although they cannot shoot on the turn they arrive. Furthermore, they do not give Kill Points or Victory Points to the opponent.

Last ranged ability: If Aetaos'Rau'Keres stands still, he may call down an Apocalyptic Barrage (D6) anywhere on the table. This wounds on a 4+ at AP3. However, before the template is placed he must take a Ld test; if he fails this the opponent may make the attack. Furthermore he may not fight in assault in the turn this ability is used.
-=-=-=-=-

I'm not sure if it's true, but interesting none the less. There are some suspect issues with them...

Xas
10-01-2009, 04:19 PM
if that is true I'm extremely underwhelmed.

I mean all the other 3 reflect their normal deamons in bigger, better, more badass but this birdy SUCKS at shooting for his points!

for 999 points I'd at least expect 2 destroyer shots 5" or 1 destroyer shot 10" with a medium range (48").

1d6 fresh horrors arent going to hurt anyone either. if it were a unit of 9 horrors with full command the deal would be better!

FirstLegion
10-01-2009, 06:57 PM
if that is true I'm extremely underwhelmed.

I mean all the other 3 reflect their normal deamons in bigger, better, more badass but this birdy SUCKS at shooting for his points!

for 999 points I'd at least expect 2 destroyer shots 5" or 1 destroyer shot 10" with a medium range (48").

1d6 fresh horrors arent going to hurt anyone either. if it were a unit of 9 horrors with full command the deal would be better!

Agreed... it makes me a sad panda...

1d6 horrors that cant even shoot! Most psychic powers can't even be used on gargantuan creatures!

Like this he's not even CLOSE to almost 1000 points. I'd expect destroyer shots or another simple way to make him significantly more powerful is each HIT from anything is reflected back on the firer, not just psychic powers. Now that would be worth 1000 points.

mountaincycle661
10-04-2009, 08:09 PM
I am trying....sooo hard....to not explode right now.

I have been a dedicated follower of ALL tzeentchian armies for YEARS now. And GW continually gives me the $hit end of the stick. We get the most incredible models, but the WORST RULES out of all the chaos gods. In short, if you plan on playing tzeentch, try not to get your hopes up. Be prepared to be underwhelmed, over costed and out numbered.

I saw the lord of change mock up and i had a glint...a fading spark of hope....that maybe, JUST PHUCKING MAYBE we MIGHT get a super rock hard bad mofo that would truly reflect tzeentchians incredible abilities. And we all knew he was going to be 999pts, so I was pretty optimistic that he'd be a serious force to reckon with.

And know this....THIS?! Spawns a unit of 1d6 horrors? FOR 1000 POINTS!? Any psychic power reflects back on the user on a +4? DUDE! KHORNE NEGATES POWERS DIRECTED TOWARDS HIM ON A +2!!! Khorne has more anti-psychic ability than the master of sorcery himself?!

Thats almost as absurd as space wolves having more powerful, potent, and lethal psykers than the thousand sons....OH WAIT! THEY DO NOW...APPEARENTLY!

1d6 horrors is GOD DAMN LAUGHABLE. I agree that that lord of change should have the power to warp entire units into spawn with a flick of his finger, he should summon entire full strength squads of horrors, he should shoot strength D shots all the time. Right now, he looks like a combat master at WS9, T8, W9 and a +3 invo!

Why does GW consistently misrepresent Tzeentch?! ALL THE TIME!? Im just so god damn sick of it.

I realize these are just the initial leaked stats...but...Cmon! if this is anything near the truth, its just gunna break my mutated, ever-changing, multicolored heart.

(PS - GW/Forgeworld, if you screw up these rules, so help me god...I will fly over to your country and give that rules designer a swift kick to the ovaries)

Abuzorg
10-23-2009, 04:14 AM
There is just no way that these are the real rules (especially if its coming from warseer), it just doesn't fit. While its true FW are more on the nurgle/khorne side of chaos, they're not morons.

Herald of Nurgle
10-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Hmm.

Another nail into the Chaos Coffin.

Duke
10-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Here is the thing... This is obviously an apoc. Creation. Apoc was created to be fun and mutable. Talk to your opponent and ask them if they would be on with a few changes... I wouldn't be against it if you had to pay 1000 points for him... He had better be Titan-esq. So calm down people, make the changes you feel are valid and then play with those... It is the nature of apoc

zanzibarthefirst
10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
It owudl be nice if you didnt have to change the rules because the ones that exist suck so much. yes I'm lazy and Im not a game designer but so what

shadowvast
10-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm betting he does all of those ever turn....AND uses multiple psychic powers....

mountaincycle661
10-30-2009, 03:19 PM
even if he DID do all that, every turn, he would still suck.

1d6 horrors per turn that cant even shoot when they arrive....in a game of apocalypse....is really just a drop in the bucket. They're not going to do anything except show up, die, repeat. The other powers are useless. Hes just shy of the bloodthirster in combat (dumb), hes faster than the slaanesh demon (also dumb) and almost as tough as the nurgle demon (retarded).

Do the forgeworld guys even play the other chaos gods? This guy is anything BUT tzeentchian.

I agree with the other poster. I dont want to have to change the rules on a model that I pay 1000pts and $250 for. As soon as you want to change the rules on him, everyone is going to cry "broken! cheese!" and so forth, because its a custom ruleset that kicks your armies teeth in. I want official backing behind my super models so nobody can refute his power.

If these end up being the actual rules, printed and done with, for this guy...I may end up not buying him.

shadowvast
10-31-2009, 07:36 PM
I agree with the sentiment of being unhappy with the rules, but I still love the mode and these are a likely early play-test set anyway. He is still a gargantuan creature, and he is still stupid hard to kill. If he creates an annoyance unit every turn, those units won't be a mere annoyance for long, they turn into a threat quick.

That said, I plan on buying just to have the model!!:D