PDA

View Full Version : Knight Templar Special CHaracters (DIY Chapter)

Folkert0
10-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Nathanaël Antigo
Chapter Champion of the Knights Templar, Knight of Ebora
WS:5 BS:4 S:4 T:4(5) W:1 I:4 A:3 Ld:9 Sv:2+

One Honour Guard Squad may upgrade its Chapter Champion to Nathanaël Antigo

“Ride with me my Brothers! Into the fires of War! Bring them the Emperors Divine Retribution!”

Cost: +70

Unit Type:
· Infantry

Wargear:
· Artificer Armour
· Bolt Pistol
· Frag and Krak Grenades
· Lightning Claw
· Space Marine Bike

Special Rules:
· And They Shall Know No Fear
· Combat Squads
· Combat Tactics
· Knights of Ebora
· Honour or Death
· Bringer of Retribution

Knights of Ebora
· Antigo and the unit he leads must be mounted on bikes for 15 pts per model.

Bringer of Retribution
· Antigo and the unit he leads gain the Furious Charge USR

Chapter Tactics
· If you include Natanaël Antigo then all units in your army exchange the Combat Tactics special rule for the Bound By Duty special rule
and the Knights of Parravon detailed below. If more than one character in your army has the Chapter Tactics special rule, you must choose
which version to apply.
o Bound By Duty
The unit gains the Stubborn USR
o Knights of Parravon
Vanguard Veterans are exchanged for the Knights of Parravon (see Entry)

Gav’Riel Salvatore
Knights Templar Chaplain, Bearer of Faith
WS:5 BS:4 S:4 T:4 W:2 I:4 A:2 Ld:10(9) Sv:3+/4++

“Meet the enemies’ Corruption with Faith and their Perversion with Fury!”

Cost: 185

Unit Composition:
· 1 (Unique)

Unit Type:
· Infantry

Wargear:
· Power Armour
· Bolt Pistol
· Crozius Arcanum
· Brazier of Vengeance
· Space Marine Bike
· Frag and Krak Grenades
· Rosarius

Special Rules
· Combat Tactics
· Independent Character
· Liturgies of Battle
· Bearer of Faith
· Honour of the Chapter
· Chapter Tactics
. Mounted Assault

Brazier of Vengeance
· This holy artifact allows Salvatore to call upon the Holy Emperor of Mankind to exact rightful vengeance upon those who stand before Salvatore. The
Brazier can be used in the shooting phase allowing Salvatore to use the Avenger psychic power with an Ld value of 9. If the psychic power test is
failed the Brazier cannot be used for the rest of the game. Note that on a double 1 or double 6 no perils of the warp occur, for Salvatore is no
Psyker.

Bearer of Faith
· Salvatore’s faith is like a burning aura, shielding those around him from harm and inspiring them to commit acts of self-sacrifice and greatness. Any
unit joined by Salvatore receives a 5+ invulnerable save.

Chapter Tactics
· If you include Gav’Riel Salvatore then all units in your army exchange the Combat Tactics special rule for the Bound By Duty special
rule and the Knights of Parravon special rule detailed below. If more than one character in your army has the Chapter Tactics special
rule, you must choose which version to apply.
o Bound By Duty
o Knights of Parravon

Stephane Ephael
Paladin of the Knights Templar, Bearer of the Helm of Argento
WS:6 BS:5 S:4 T:4 W:3 I:5 A:3 Ld:10 Sv:3+/4++

“As we are bound with these chains, so are we bound to our duty to the Emperor!“

Cost: 185
Unit Composition:
· 1 (Unique)

Unit Type:
· Infantry

Special Rules:
· Combat Tactics
· Independent Character
· Chapter Tactics
· Honour or Death
. Mounted Assault

Wargear:
· Power Armour
· Bolt Pistol
· Relic Blade
· Helm of Argento
· Space Marine Bike
· Frag and Krak Grenades
· Iron Halo

Helm of Argento:
· This revered Artefact once belonged to the founder and first Grand Master of the Knights Templar, Salvatore Argento. This grand silver helmet
inspires those around the wearer to commit great acts of courage and valour. Any unit Joined by Stephane Ephael receive +1 Attack whilst he lives.
This bonus does not apply to Ephael, and does not stack with the similar bonus from a Chapter Banner.

Chapter Tactics:
· If you include Stephane Ephael then all units in your army exchange the Combat Tactics special rule for the Bound By Duty special rule
and the Knights of Parravon special rule detailed below. If more than one character in your army has the Chapter Tactics special rule, you must choose which version to apply.
o Bound By Duty
o Knights of Parravon

Honour or Death
· See Codex: Space Marines (pg. 53), with the additional rule that, if possible, Ephael must get into base-to-base contact with an
Enemy Independent Character.

Knights of Parravon:
In the ancient days of the Knights Templars Homeworld Eburo, there was a Knightly order known as the Knights of Parravon. These mythical figures rode on winged horses that were as white as marble and known as Pegasi. When the chapter was formed the tradition was adopted and the most accomplished fighters of the Knights Templar become the Knights of Parravon. Riding marble white bikes they strike where the fighting is the most desperate turning a struggle into a sure victory. Should this strike fail to bring down the enemy, they will quickly fall back and regroup before attacking again from another angle, striking the enemy time and time again until it is brought down

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Parravonian Marshal 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 9 3+
Parravonian Knight 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 9 3+

Cost: 200 pts

Unit Type:
· Bike

Unit Composition:
· 1 Parravonian Marshal
· 4 Parravonian Knights

Wargear:
· Chainsword (Marshal has a Power Weapon instead)
· Frag and Krak Grenades
· Space Marine Bike

Special Rules:
· Combat Squads
· Combat Tactics
· Charge of the Pegasi
· Alternative Doctrine

Options:
· May include up to five Additional Knights: +35 pts/model

· The Marshal may replace his Power Weapon with:
o Lightning Claw or Plasma Pistol for Free
o Power Fist for +10 pts
o Thunder Hammer or Relic Blade for +15 pts

· Any model may replace his Chainsword with:
o Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon or Lightning Claw for +15 pts
o Power Fist for +25 pts
o Thunder Hammer for +30 pts

· Any model may take:
o Melta Bombs for +5 pts/model

Alternate Doctrine:
· An army that contains a unit of Knights of Parravon may not include Vanguard Veterans, as they represent an alternate take on the same unit.

Charge of the Pegasi:
· The Knights of Parravon are known for their rapid strikes. Knights of Parravon have the Hit-and-Run USR. However, their Initiative is considered to
be 6 when rolling to see if they can fall back voluntarily when they are using the Hit-and-Run USR. But only when using Hit-and-Run, not if they have
to fall back due to a failed Morale Check in close combat

Folkert0
11-03-2009, 03:11 PM
ok so nobody replied, do I have to assume they're good as they are, or is nobody bothering to reply?

Atrotos
11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
sigh, clearly you haven't been writing rules very long if you don't know that getting feedback for them is statistically similar to receiving someone's firstborn baby in the mail.

I really enjoyed reading these rules. Knowing a little bit about the (actual) Knights Templar I was really convinced by their names and quotes.

Things I would like to see added:

- Your Chapter Tactics and Charge of the Pegasi are awkwardly worded. Although their intention is more or less clear it detracts from the level of writing you've kept to in the rest of the document.

- I remain unconvinced by your Chapter Tactics rule. I think you were too conservative and it's left you with a mediocre change to the Space Marine doctrine. In it's place (or in addition to it) I would like to see something to convey the Templars historical fanaticism and stoicism - you could really get creative here.

- The Knights Templar were thought to have had ulterior motives for setting up shop in the Holy Land. Some thought that they were searching for King Solomon's lost temple while others claimed that the Templars were not Christian at all but worshiped some other deity in the form of a human head. You've got a chance to be very creative here and give them a special rule to reflect these suspicions - a secret similar to the Dark Angels.

- The Knights Templar existed in real life so naming a chapter after them with no change at all to the name seems inconsistent with the fluff. GW avoids this by having the "Black Templars" and the "Red Templars". "Paladins of the Temple" or simply the "Knights of Parravon" could be an alternate Chapter name.

- The Knights of Parravon are missing their Bolt Pistols

- Um no lances? No (storm) shields?

- Make the Champion upgrade cheaper and raise the cost of bikes for the Honor Guard to +25 - that way you don't pay a premium if you only want to include a couple of honor guards.

- Ephael is undercosted - he's only 10 points more than Kantor but does everything Kantor does, has a bike and more special rules.