PDA

View Full Version : Robot Ork Warboss and Contorller Grot

SotonShades
08-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Hello guys, girls and other shadowy inhabitents of the Homebrew Rules forum (and anyone else I managed to trick down here!)

Not my model... I've shamelessly stolen this from FW's website.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/runtbot.jpg

Many moons ago I purchased the Runtbot event only model from Forge World. There has never been official rules for it, and while I have toyed with the idea of using him as a mega-armoured Nob or warboss, it just didn't quite feel right. As such, I've written up a Special Character to represent the model; two actually, one for the robotwarboss and one for the controlgrot. I do need to make up some better names for them, and write some fluff to go with it, but for now...

Controlgrot and robotwarboss

110 Points For both.

Can be taken as a HQ choice for Codex: Orks. Neither Controlgrot or robotwarboss may be the Warboss for the Army. Although they are taken as a single HQ choice, they do not have to be deployed together on the table and can act independently during the game. If placed in reserve, roll for them both as a single reserve choice. They can then come on from different points on the table, subject to the normal rules for bringing on reserves.

Controlgrot

<table border="1"><tr><td>WS</td><td>BS</td><td>S</td><td>T</td><td>W</td><td>I</td><td>A</td><td>LD</td><td>SV</td></tr><tr><td>2</td><td>3</td><td>2</td><td>2</td><td>1</td><td>2</td><td>1</td><td>-</td><td>6+</td></tr></table>

Unit Type; Infantry (Unique)

Wargear
• Big Blasta
• Controlla

Special Rules
• Cowardly

Cowardly;
Controlgrot is as brave as the enemy are far away; having a large mechanical bodyguard has that effect. Controlgrot’s Leadership is equal to the distance between him and the nearest enemy model, rounding down to the nearest whole inch, up to a maximum of 10. If controlgrot’s is in base contact with an enemy model, he automatically fails any Leadership tests. Controlgrot can never be Fearless for any reason what-so-ever. His grottish instincts are just too strong!

Big Blasta;
Having a robot bodyguard comes in hand for a Gretchin and helps controlgrot get the best weapons a Grot can buy! Unfortunately, this is still not a hugely powerful gun as they tend to be too heavy for a grot to lift.
The Big Blasta has the following profile

<table border="1"><tr><td>Weapon</td><td>Range</td><td>Str.</td><td>AP</td><td>Type</td></tr><tr><td>Big Blasta</td><td>12"</td><td>4</td><td>-</td><td>Assault 2</td></tr></table>
Controlla;
Controlgrot uses the Controlla to remotely operate robotwarboss. Unsurprisingly this takes a lot of his attention. Robotwarboss cannot run in a shooting phase in which controlgot fires the Big Blasta or declare a charge in a assault phase in which controlgrot declares a charge.

Robotwarboss

<table border="1"><tr><td>WS</td><td>BS</td><td>S</td><td>T</td><td>W</td><td>I</td><td>A</td><td>LD</td><td>SV</td></tr><tr><td>5</td><td>2</td><td>5</td><td>5</td><td>3</td><td>4</td><td>5</td><td>-</td><td>2+</td></tr></table>

Unit Type; Infantry, Character (Unique)

Wargear
• Mega armour with 2 Powerklaws (+1 A included in profile given)

Special Rules
• Independent Character
• Furious Charge
• Waaagh!
• Stubborn
• Slow and Purposeful
• Remote Control
• Over Engineered

Remote Control;
As long as ControlGrot is alive and not locked in combat, RobotWarboss acts normally. Otherwise he MUST move directly toward the nearest unit (friend or foe!) and assault them if possible in the relevant phases of the owning player’s turn. If RobotWarboss is joined to a unit, he immediately counts as being locked in combat with them and counts as charging that turn. If robotwarboss assault a friendly unit the opposing side can shoot into this combat, counting Robotwarboss as a separate unit to the one he is attacking.

In addition, robotwarboss has a Leadership equal to controlgrot’s, subject to the Cowardly rule. If controlgrot’s is in base contact with an enemy model, Robotwarboss automatically fails any Leadership tests.

Over Engineered;
When robotwarboss takes a wound (after saves have been taken) roll a D6. On a 6+ it is ignored as unnecessary parts are blasted off. This can be taken against any wounds, unless the attack automatically removes the model from play.

Ok, so what do you guys think? Would the rules be fun to play? Add anything to the Orky Army? Can anyone find any technical faults with the rules such as contradictions or situations where things just wouldn't work? Any suggestions for names for these guys?

Feedback, comments, criticsm and offers of games testing these guys out are very welcome.

Shades