PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf BSB question

Wildeybeast
08-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Am I right in thinking I can give a Hag a Cauldron of Blood and make her my BSB? I can't see any restrictions on this in the book, but it surprises me that this is the case so I thought I'd double check with the community to make sure I haven't missed something.

Chronowraith
08-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Correct, you can use a Hag Queen with the Cauldron of Blood as your BSB (at least last I checked). Just keep in mind that it is a warmachine so when it loses it's last wound, the cauldron, the hag queen, and your BSB are all gone. Also, as a warmachine it suffers from the same weaknesses to characteristic tests if I recall correctly.

A few other things to consider;

It can't charge.
It can't enter forests.
It can't march.

Unless I missed a round of FAQs of course.

Wildeybeast
08-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Huzzah, someone answered! I thought as much, cheers for the answer dude. Not sure if I actually want to do it, just considering all my options.

Chronowraith
08-19-2012, 04:09 PM
This totally depends on the type of army you have planned for the Dark Elves. If you have a more static and reactionary list I could see tying the BSB and Cauldron being a good thing since you aren't worried about leaving the BSB behind and T10 will help the BSB survive.

More maneuverable lists will find the Cauldron BSB as a disadvantage though and either way you have to be careful of characteristic tests from magic or special abilities.

Wildeybeast
08-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Again, not really got that far yet. I've bought a battalion box set and sorceress, I'm going to play a few games with what I'[ve got and see what I feel like after that. Thanks for the advice.