PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk Blood Angel Librarian Calistarius..is he...Mephiston?

Levitas
10-01-2009, 07:43 PM
My BA friend pointed this out to me. That Mephistons name before conquering the red thirst was Brother Calistarius - The very same name GW have used for the fluff in the anniversary edition of Space Hulk.

Deliberate? Homage? one and the same or two separate librarians with the same name. How do you see it??

I guess timelines will paint a clearer picture?

Abominable Plague Marine
10-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Cool, yeah, dont know. A old school Blood Angels fanatic who played the original Space Hulk as well might be able to shed some light on the matter.

Marshal2Crusaders
10-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Yes, he is.

Aldramelech
10-02-2009, 09:45 AM
The Lord of death Huh, Id thought he'd be taller.

Duke
10-02-2009, 09:51 AM
I know that in the 3rd ed blood Angels codex it covers the name of Mephiston... I don't think that he is one and the same... In fact I thought his name was tottally different. Does anyone have access to it on hand?

Duke

Schnitzel
10-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Don't know if using the Blood Angels novels by Ben Swallow count here, but I believe there was a scene when Mephiston was meeting with Dante and was called by his former name.
Its just a matter of if you consider the novels cannon or not.

Drew da Destroya
10-02-2009, 09:55 AM
The story in the mission book also mentions the Chapter being reduced to 50 members. Looking at the timeline, I think that one of those 50 members was Dante, although I don't know if he was Chapter Master at the time.

I'd love to see some mention of how being reduced that badly affected the Chapter... possibly accelerated recruiting practices caused more members to exhibit The Flaw... although that's already the Raven Guard's shtick.

Aldramelech
10-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Don't know if using the Blood Angels novels by Ben Swallow count here, but I believe there was a scene when Mephiston was meeting with Dante and was called by his former name.
Its just a matter of if you consider the novels cannon or not.

Correct. I finished reading the ominbus last month, so its fresh in my mind.

sangrail777
10-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Recently just reread the books and double checked the codex. It is the same name used for Mephiston before he overcomes the red thirst. I remeber reading claims before that he was one and the same and that would put Dante as the chapter master at the time. I still remember playing the old Space Hulk video games on PC and 3DO and Dante was the chapter master in those games.

Duke
10-02-2009, 12:53 PM
I think it would be great fun to make rules for Dante in those times... He could even be in Terminator Armour.

Ideas?

Duke

The West Coast Knight
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
I seem to recall that Mephiston was not a Libraian until after he was trapped in a fallen building under the full effect of the thirst and then he mastered it and was reborn the Lord of Death with a percentage of the Primarchs power.

Least thats what I remember.

WCK

Magos Explorator
10-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I seem to recall that Mephiston was not a Libraian until after he was trapped in a fallen building under the full effect of the thirst and then he mastered it and was reborn the Lord of Death with a percentage of the Primarchs power.

Least thats what I remember.

WCK

As far as I know he was a librarian before that, but just became better through that experience. It's in the 2nd edition Codex: Angels of Death.