PDA

View Full Version : Citadel Warhammer Basing Kit

Kieranator K82
10-01-2009, 09:24 PM
So, GW recently released the Warhammer Basing Kit:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1510402&prodId=prod240001a

Now, a question has entered my mind: Is it worth getting? :confused:
No doubt other WHFB collectors will be eyeing up the kit, so, voila! A poll to determine its worth!

Mike X
10-01-2009, 11:38 PM
I don't own it yet, but I'll definitely be picking up at least one. I plan on using most of it for terrain decor and rubble.

I'm iffy on the 40K version, though.

DAPHEEL
10-02-2009, 09:24 AM
I've got the 40k one and it's pretty decent. They're not as tight with the resin bits as i was expecting - you get loads of them and they are quite varied in design. The brass details are a bit bland though, but they do the job when it comes to spicing up the bases.

Chuck Norris
10-22-2009, 09:02 PM
I think they look ok but I personally use the Spectre Hobbies and Terrain Forge kits. I won the Terrain Forge Kit at a tourney right after I bought the Spectre Hobbies one. Granted neither has the brass but I can always pick one up of stuff I need from the local hobby store.

j-orge-287
11-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Looks cool but haven't got it yet

Fizyx
11-29-2009, 10:03 AM
It is expensive, but it really is nice to be able to add just a dab of flair to a character model without too much work. I wish they would replace the tubs of slate with some more resin, though. The brass etchings are a little more difficult to use and limited in scope. I would have loved something like the Forgeworld patterns, but I'll eventually use the leaves, I imagine.

I think the 40k one had too many 40mm base pieces and they could not fit as many into the tubs. The Fantasy one had a lot more pieces.

Lunar Camel
04-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I have both. They're OK, nothing earth shattering. If you have an extensive bitz box, it amounts to the same thing.