PDA

View Full Version : The plastic soldier company?

UrielVentris
08-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on these models? Im debating getting some purely for the price difference!

faolan
08-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Good stuff - I've gotten their T34s, Panzer IVs, Halftracks, and Soviet Infantry.

They don't come with all the stowage the FoW ones have, but you can buy FoW stowage, or make your own, and still save a heap of money.

The infantry are FAR superior to the FoW stuff, especially as they lack those horrible bobble-heads that FoW metals have.

Aldramelech
08-25-2012, 01:31 AM
Yep, its all good stuff. You might also check out the 1/100 stuff from Zvezda, also very good and cheap.

UrielVentris
08-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Tanks for the replies guys. I'll take a look at that other company. Just got hooked up with 10 iv panzers and a few panthers from a friend so gonna turn the army into panzers with grenadiers in half tracks. How long does plastic soldier company take to ship usually?

Aldramelech
08-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Never brought from them direct, always get mine off ebay.

CarcharodonAstra
03-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Just a shame they dont make Crusaders. :(

The NIghtbringer
03-27-2013, 11:30 AM
You may also want to check out Game Models www.gamodls.com/. They have tanks and vehicles for most every country involved in WWII, including Japan. They also have other models that you can't really find anywhere else, such as the various landing craft.

pnelson101
05-18-2014, 10:51 AM
One thing they don't have (particularly Zvezda which another poster mentioned) is the over-emphasized detail of Battlefront minis. Things like grills, tools or channels between plates tend to be less defined and more in line with realistic scale. This can make thing a little harder to pick out for painting (wash/drybrush doesn't go as far) and a little easier to just blend in to the rest of the model when your eyes are at tabletop height.

When buying 20 T-26s I'm still going to go with Zvezda every day, but it's something to be aware of.

entombet
05-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Bought only t-34 from them, nice models and more reasonable priced than battlefront ones.

Iron_Father69
05-26-2014, 06:53 AM
Uriel, are you thinking about going to any official Battlefront tournaments? As they are sticklers for a HIGH percentage of the models being used being FoW product...

Az Alderson
07-01-2014, 06:03 PM
great kits - ive ordered a few now and would gladly recommend them, nice detail, some extra bits/spares, their figure sets are great too and also their decal sets are cool, just got one for the 12th ss :)

Storm Gryphon
07-18-2015, 12:23 PM
I have some T-34s from Plastic Soldier and trucks from Zvezda. They are nice economical options. I like to weigh the hulls down a bit though when building as they are so much lighter than my resin pieces.

Wizzardx3
07-22-2015, 09:00 AM
I haven't bought any, but a guy at the store plays with some.
The infantry is very close to the same size as Battlefront's. The vehicles are a little bit less top-heavy than battlefronts. I wouldn't mix vehicles in a unit from different manufacturers but otherwise wouldn't care. They are some really nice plastic, but some of the guys don't like how light the whole plastic models are (then again, Battlefront is doing plastics now too...)