PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf tactics and questions

Yhcrana
10-02-2009, 09:45 PM
A nice little combo I spotted yesterday in my army book is the peral of infinite bleakness; this item makes the character and the unit immune to psycholgy for only 25 points.
Also the champion in a cold one unit can take 1 magic item up to 25 points. Combine these two and the unit is immune to the annoying stupidity tests which are always failed at the worst time.

I havn't seen this litle number on any forums yet so i am just throwing it out there.

Also what are your thoughts on the hydra banner ( +1 attack on the first round, incl mounts) stacking with the cauldren of bloods +1 attack. This is a combo I thought up for a unit of cold one knights but i am not sure if it will stack. I know that two cauldrens don't stack attacks.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Vindur
10-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Being immume to psych actually only makes you immune to fear, terror and panic so that magic item isn't that great in you COK. Id personally recommend the ring of hotek and get them to your opponants lines quickly, I havent had a chance to test this one myself but it seems strong on paper.

I see no reason why the bonus attacks wouldnt stack to be honest, you are paying through the nose for it after all

Yhcrana
10-03-2009, 05:25 PM
I don't have a copy of my rulebook handy but doesn't Stupidity come under the psychology section of the rulebook and therefore being immune to psychology make you immune to stupidity.

Unless of course there is a specific section about what being immune to psychology actually entails. I wish I knew where my rulebook was.

Aldramelech
10-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Warhammer Rule book page 52: Other Psychology - Creatures affected by stupidity are quite unaware of anything happening around them. Until they are no longer stupid, these creatures are immune to psychology.

So whilst stupid, they are immune anyway.

Warhammer Rule book page 53: Immune to Psychology - Troops that are Immune to Psychology (sometimes called immune to all psychology) automatically pass all their Panic, Fear and Terror tests and are not automatically broken if defeated in close combat by outnumbering fear causing enemies, but will take a break test as normal.

The Part that mentions "sometimes immune to all psychology leads me to believe that there are two levels of immunity.

Level 1 is as page 53 says, just fear, terror and panic are covered. Level 2 is everything.

The two paragraphs together suggest to me that "Stupidity" falls out side the immune to psychology rules and therefore the Pearl of infinite blackness wouldn't work.

Vindur
10-05-2009, 09:20 AM
There is only one level of Immune to psych, what it means there is that some of the older books may say immune to all psych instead which means the same thing.

Joker's Wild
10-05-2009, 10:07 AM
There is only one level of Immune to psych, what it means there is that some of the older books may say immune to all psych instead which means the same thing.

Agreed

Aldramelech
10-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Cool. But is my conclusion correct?

quinn
12-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Immune to psychology does not make you immune to stupidity. If you want your COKs immune to Stupidity, then you need to put Malus in them or run the Banner of Cold-Bloodedness which will give you 1 turn where you won't have to worry about it (unless you roll really bad).
Also, the COB and the Hydra Banner will stack attacks in a unit, thus giving you +2 attacks per figure, although the mounts aren't affected by the COB and the Hydra Banner only works during the first round of combat.
The Pearl is really only used in a big block of Spearmen with a Sorceress armed with the Dagger in them. Otherwise it's a waste of points.
If you have Dark Elf questions, go to druchii.net and you'll get the best answers available.
Hope I've helped.