PDA

View Full Version : 750pt Orks

eldargal
10-04-2009, 02:39 AM
I've haven't played Orks in something like eight years, and even then not with my own army, so I've put this little list together based on what I've seen of Orks from the opposing side. I've gone for a primarily close combat force because off the top of my head I don't remember losing more than a few Eldar to Ork shooting.
Basic modus operandi is; Boss, nobz and boyz get to the enemy asap and stab them in the face. Grots hide in a table corner somewhere. Deff koptas try and take enemy vehicles roughly from behind, Deff Dread supports the assault.
As I said I'm a complete newbie to Orks and this is just a small army to test things out, so any advice welcome.

Warboss Bullfrogg 'eavy-armour, power klaw, shoota-rokkit, boss pole.

5 Nobz eavy armour, big choppas, waaagh banner, stikkbombz

20 boyz stikkbombz, Nob, big choppa 'eavy armour

10 Gretchin w runtherd

3 Deffkoptas, buzzsaws

Deff Dread w DCCW, rokkit launcher. Grot riggers

Total: 750.

sangrail777
10-04-2009, 11:10 AM
ok heres my suggestion.
I'm assuming you got the grection as a filler cuz they cheap. And they have the potential to secure or contest an objective(in games where relivant).
Might I suggest a trukk for them then that only costs 35 points. This will still allow them to function the same as you want. Hideing in a corner/cover whatever until the shoot out in the end to cause trouble for your opponent or a win for you.
This of course comes with a lil skimming off your list. My suggestions for this would be as follows:
5 ponits - WarBoss Bullfrogs shoota-rokkit, reason cuz as you've said orks ain't much for shooting and have this is a hail mary at best.
25 points - one buzzsaw from your deffkoptas, reason yes they are good but the lose of one might be a decent trade off to win you a game. Not to mention you kopters may take heavy fire so ya might loose one any way and it sucks to pay for something and not get close enough to use it. In other words one soaks up a wound for the rest of the sq

and there ya go enough points freed up for a trukk and to make those gretchin worth something in the end.
WWAAAAAAGHHHH!!!!!

Steelbull
10-04-2009, 12:12 PM
While I am fairly new to this forum, I do like me some footsloggin' Orks... Here's my 2 cents =).

First off, you can save some points on the stikkbombz, they are fairly useless as they only allow you to attack at initiative when assaulting into cover, your still going 2nd in most cases.

Warboss Bullfrogg 'eavy-armour, power klaw, shoota-rokkit, boss pole.

I agree with sangrail777 on losing the shoota-rokkit on the WB, it's cool looking but you should be hacking instead of shooting.

5 Nobz eavy armour, big choppas, waaagh banner, stikkbombz

The Waaagh banner is a bit excessive, but it'll look cool.

20 boyz stikkbombz, Nob, big choppa 'eavy armour

The 'eavy armour is unnecessary, the nob has a 20 boy meat shield =) Add a bosspole for the points, they are oh so handy. Also, without the stikkbombs, you can set this mob with 2 rokkits or bigshootas or the Nob with a Power Klaw.

10 Gretchin w runtherd

If possible, a few more grots would enhance the survivability a little. I do enjoy Grotz as a cheap objective holder, unfortunately, I don't believe grotz can take a truck.

3 Deffkoptas, buzzsaws

On the Deffcoptas, you may be better off losing the buzzsaws (which only get to be str 6 and are expensive) and getting some twinlinked rokkits for a shooty punch. The twinlinkedness and 24" range help those crazy 'coptas be a very mobile firebase.

Deff Dread w DCCW, rokkit launcher. Grot riggers

The rokkit on this guy isn't going to do much, the kans get a BS 3, this guy still has a BS2 =(.
Another DCCW would be very stabby... or you could get 2 kans...

All in all I like your list style, probably cause it's not too different from mine. At 750 pts, you may be better off going with more boyz and less meks, but I'm a big believer in playing armies you like, not armies designed to win =).

Have fun and good luck!

Steelbull

Edited for second thoughts!

eldargal
10-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately Gretchin can't take a trukk (I so loved that idea), but here is the revised list:

Warboss Bullfrogg 'eavy-armour, power klaw, boss pole.

5 Nobz eavy armour, big choppas, waaagh banner

20 boyz, 1 big shoota, Nob,power klaw, boss pole

20 Gretchin w runtherds

3 Deffkoptas, twin linked rokkit launchers

Deff Dread w 2xDCCW, Grot riggers

Total: 750 (I hope)

Edit: Slight change.

I wasn't sure about the rokkit launchers onthe deffkoptas, given the BS, but I had a brain melt and thought the strength of the buzz saws would be higher. And It never occured to me that a deff dread could take two dccws.
If I decide I enjoy playing Orks then I will start by doubling it to 1500 with more boyz and vehicles.

Steelbull
10-04-2009, 11:08 PM
By my calculations you may be 5 points over 750 (I'm assuming 19 boyz plus 1 Nob = 20 boyz), but that shouldn't be a problem to fix.
I keep planning to change my Deff Dread to the extra arms, just haven't bought or modeled new arms yet. I like the idea of a Dread that can be a 4 armed menace =).

I hope you enjoy the Waaaagh!

eldargal
10-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Quite right, I forgot to take off one of the big shootas from the boyz mob (edited it). With luck I should have allthis purchased and painted by Christmas...

By my calculations you may be 5 points over 750 (I'm assuming 19 boyz plus 1 Nob = 20 boyz), but that shouldn't be a problem to fix.
I keep planning to change my Deff Dread to the extra arms, just haven't bought or modeled new arms yet. I like the idea of a Dread that can be a 4 armed menace =).

I hope you enjoy the Waaaagh!

sangrail777
10-06-2009, 12:53 PM
My bad about the grots and trukk. I didn't pay attention enough just saw the dedicated transport under the grots and thought kool. Dammn shame really cuz that would have been a great combo and so fraaking cheap.