PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolf Rhinos

Kanaellars
10-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Has anyone actually looked at the Rhino in the Wolves book?

he Repair ability is nice, and have a look at the upgrades.

An EXTRA Storm Bolter is 10 points... it already has one.

Is this something I missed in the Marine Dex, or do the Wolves get an extra gun?

SombreBrotherhood
10-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Rhinos in the SM Codex have always had 'repair', and pintle-mounted SBs are the same, too. I think you may have indeed simply overlooked it.

PinoyC
10-04-2009, 12:23 PM
this is exactly as the SM dex has had it for years...including the previous two C:SM editions.

Kanaellars
10-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Ok, I dont have the newest SM book, but I have the old one still, and I dont see anywhere in it that a rhino gets TWO Storm bolters.

I see the option to buy one.

The Wolves get 1 free, and have the option for a SECOND.

SeattleDV8
10-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Nothing new ,the SW's get the basic Rhino.

PinoyC
10-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Ok, I dont have the newest SM book, but I have the old one still, and I dont see anywhere in it that a rhino gets TWO Storm bolters.

I see the option to buy one.

The Wolves get 1 free, and have the option for a SECOND.

the last codex specifically states that it's armed with one PMS Bolter and in vehicle upgrades, states that you can get a PMS Bolter from the armory for cost listed (10pts)

Gonna drag my 3rd ed dex to verify for that one too.

PC

The AKH
10-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Codex SM's have a basic stormbolter on the rhino and the option to buy a second as well. I don't recall how it was in the previous edition of the 'dex, but that's the way it is in the current version.

PinoyC
10-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Just verified....PMS Bolter was an option for 3rd Ed too...

Repair was from 4th ed but not 3rd

Either way, it's been the same for years

Jono
10-06-2009, 01:27 AM
The only thing I noticed is that nowhere does it say Terminators can't go in Rhinos!

Confuddled
10-06-2009, 01:50 AM
The only thing I noticed is that nowhere does it say Terminators can't go in Rhinos!

Codex: Space Wolves, p.61, wargear entry for Terminator Armour.

MuNsTeNbRaU
10-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Is it worth giving the grey hunters rhinos extra armour?

PinoyC
10-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Is it worth giving the grey hunters rhinos extra armour?

My rule of thumb is..."if the vehicle is purely meant to be a xport, make sure it can move"...between the fact that you want to get these guys into range or onto an objective and a Rhino w/ ExA is 5 pts cheaper than it was in previous editions...why not?

Now if I really need 15 pts I'll drop it...but I always start my lists of w/ the armor.

PC

therealjohnny5
10-09-2009, 12:07 AM
My rule of thumb is..."if the vehicle is purely meant to be a xport, make sure it can move"...between the fact that you want to get these guys into range or onto an objective and a Rhino w/ ExA is 5 pts cheaper than it was in previous editions...why not?

Now if I really need 15 pts I'll drop it...but I always start my lists of w/ the armor.

PC

that's an interesting perspective that's very different from mine. i used to take EA but dropped it for extra goodies, like a PC in a tac squad or something awesome. i will consider this....

Lerra
10-09-2009, 12:40 AM
It depends a lot on the list. If you're running a mix of rhinos and other things, the rhinos are often lower priority targets than the land raiders, vindicators, big HQ unit, etc. In that case, extra armor is often not worth it. If you are running a rune priest in a rhino it will likely be targeted, though.

If you're doing rhino rush, the rhinos become a high priority target, and you need the rhinos to be able to move. Then EA is more attractive.

For the most part, there are better things to buy with 15 points, imo.