PDA

View Full Version : How to Vampire

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Hey all,

I'm not particularly up on my Fantasy competitive game, being primarily a 40k player. I kinda want to set up a Vampire army and was wondering if the wonderful BoLS community had any PROTIPS for me?
I'm not asking for an army list, just any nasty combos that are present in the Vampire Counts army book.
I'm aware that Konrad is pretty standard, for 160 points he's a freakin' boss, and I'm glad, because I wanted to go Von Carstein with this army anyway...
Also, Vlad is tasty, and I can take him at 2k! Woop!

Any help shall be greatly appreciated.

Ta very muchly.

- Agent :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-10-2012, 06:24 AM
No one? Welp.

TheCastigator
09-10-2012, 08:01 AM
You're totally right about Konrad, he will completely wreck monstrous infantry. In terms of combos, it really depends what you want to do. Double terrorgheist is pretty a pretty common competitive option. And Combat Vampires will shortly become the new bane of the ETC. Vlad is good, no doubt, but I find that a mounted vampire lord in a large block of black knights is great, they are premier monster hunters. Never leave red fury at home and take the ogre blade.

Another good combo, that is probably better for 2500, is a Ghoul King with the Ogre Blade, Red Fury, Dragon Bane Gem, and whatever else you want to put on him. Combine that with a Master Necromancer with the lore of death and you've got a super killy vampire and a Lore that won't eff you as badly if you don't roll the good spells. Your lord choices are what will really make the army, most of the rares excellent, if expensive. The only one I would shy away from is the Black Coach, while it is despicable when powered up, it's hard for it to get to that level reliably. Plus the Terrorgheist Fly/Scream combo makes it ideal for killing artillery, war machines, and Dark Elf Lords with the Pendent of Kaleth.

The one thing I would say, is just pick a theme and stick with it. Ghouls are still excellent. Black knights and Vargheists make a killer speed combo that a lot of armies will have trouble with, especially it you have your general with the knights, as it helps control their frenzy and lets the knights march. Those are some quick thoughts, hope that helps.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-10-2012, 08:50 AM
That does help! Where are the rest of you lazy people?? :p

Cheers man, that gives me a few ideas of which way to go.

eldargal
09-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Fear Incarnate+Aura of Dark Majesty + Screaming Banner = Extremely high chance of an enemy unit failing a Fear test and dropping to WS1 which is a great boon for low WS VC units.

Ethereal units, particularly Spirit Hosts, make excellent speed bumps against large/tough units that lack magical weapons.

Erm, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Awesome!

I do like the idea of many Zombie Goasts. :p

"John Freeman yelled, 'Zombie Goasts, leave this place!'"