PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves Test List (1500)

Kanaellars
10-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Land Raider Redeemer, Multi-Melta
Ragnar Blackmane
WG, P Fist, Plas Pistol
10x GH, P Wep, MotW, Wolf Standard, 2x Melta

Rhino, Extra Storm Bolter
10x GH, 2x Plasma

5x Wolf Guard, Ajac, Pair Wolf Claws, P Wep & SS, Chainfist & Storm Bolter, Assault Cannon & P Fist

And then EITHER (the points work out with one or the other, not both!)

6x Skyclaw, P Weapon, MotW, Melta, Flamer

OR

6x Long Fangs, Plasmagun, 5x Missile Launcher

Any comments? Just threw this together today at work, will play test it tonight.

PinoyC
10-04-2009, 12:21 PM
No ExA for the LRR? it's your Ragnar assault platform AND you don't have any range w/ the flamers...you need it to move

what do you plan to do with the 5WG...walk em? not a good idea...gonna take a lot of dakka (enough rolls and you're bound to fail a few).

Also, a lone rhino will take a box full of S6 & S7 hits...don't expect it to last longer than 2 turns

I'm still split on Skyclaws and LFs but how are you taking 2 special wpns in the skyclaws and big downside to LF is the absence of ablative wounds...going to lose split fire/hvy wpns w/ 1st casualty.

Kanaellars
10-04-2009, 12:43 PM
No ExA for the LRR? it's your Ragnar assault platform AND you don't have any range w/ the flamers...you need it to move

what do you plan to do with the 5WG...walk em? not a good idea...gonna take a lot of dakka (enough rolls and you're bound to fail a few).

Also, a lone rhino will take a box full of S6 & S7 hits...don't expect it to last longer than 2 turns

I'm still split on Skyclaws and LFs but how are you taking 2 special wpns in the skyclaws and big downside to LF is the absence of ablative wounds...going to lose split fire/hvy wpns w/ 1st casualty.

Good points.

Yes I was walking the Wolf Guard.... I tend to think (at least in my area) that the LR will draw enough fire for me to get them into the fight safely, as they run along behind it.

As far as the LR goes, I have found it to be resiliant enough to get there with or without EA, as it charges forward first thing.

The skyclaws with 2 specials, OOPS! I misread it. One of those will have to go.

PinoyC
10-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes your Raider will take a lot of shots but one squad of GH w/ bolters and 2 x PGs (mathematically speaking) will do about 5 wounds at 2+ save and you'll probably lose 1 guy...and 2 wounds at 5+ so another 1 guy...with only 5 guys, that's going to hurt...and that's with one squad that can't do anything to your Raider...trust me there'll be more.

I've tried the hide behind raider but have ended up eating a deviating demolisher cannon and bye bye lots of guys. Let me know if it works for you...I'm looking at bringing my WG Terms out of storage...I'll probably use the raider for them though.

PC

Chumbalaya
10-05-2009, 06:06 AM
1 LR and 1 Rhino is not a lot of armor, they will get popped.

Walking WG into assault is a bad idea.

Skyclaws suck.

If you want a mech rush type army, Ragnar+GH in a LRC, GH in Rhinos, Speeders and Long Fangs/Predators. You want your support elements cheap and in multiples so they can cover if one has bad luck or gets poofed. You're gambling on your LRC making it, if it goes boom you will have a lot of problems.