PDA

View Full Version : Anti Ork Wolves

Kanaellars
10-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Right,
So one of the guys at my local has thrown down a challenge.

I have 1 week to build a 1500 pnt and a 2000 pnt Space Wolves armies tailored to fight against his Orks.

Any help on unit builds? I dont often play Orks so Im not sure what he will throw at me.

PinoyC
10-04-2009, 01:17 PM
need more than just "hey I'm fighting Orks"...there's a lot of varience so bottom line is that we need more info

Kanaellars
10-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Thats just it, I dont know.

He is taking a week to build an army to kill Wolves. I have a week to build an army to kill orks.

Thats all I know.

I know he has LOADS of Orks, so he could throw anything at me.

Sons of Russ
10-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Try to take at least 1-2 "Riflemen" Pattern Dreadnoughts

125 pts gets you 2x Twin Linked Autocannons

Amazing against light armour (eg Killa Kan wall) and transports, very good at putting wounds on nob bikers, still has enough shots and range to shoot at backfield Boys and Loota's. (although I would try to stay out of LOS of the Lootas)

Against orks, you want to sieze the initiative. This means dropping or disabling their fast movement options.

Erazoender
10-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Don't forget to field the 3 Long Fang units with all heavy bolters....

6 Long Fangs (5 Heavy Bolters) = 115 points.

That's disgusting.

Kanaellars
10-05-2009, 11:45 AM
see, I dont have the models for that.

I do however have 3 squads of Fangs with Missile Launchers.

15 Frag Missiles a round?

I am thinking I will take them.

Herald of Nurgle
10-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Few Qs:
- Are you CC orientated, Shoot orientated, or a Mix?
- Do you like building loads of models in 1 week?
- Do you like victory cake?

Take Grey Hunters in droves and use a Blood Claw screen to draw an assault. Long Fangs are used to whittle down the hordes. Take a Redeemer or Crusader for the 12/16 man transports, along with anti-Infantry weapons. Use Bike/Pack Claws to draw some charging units away. Warrior Born Wolf Lord and Ragnar are brilliant against Orks. If you take Logan, place him either in Long Fangs or in Grey Hunters (Relentless bolters). Take advantage of your FREE flamers. You want HIM to react to you, not the other way around. Remember that if you get terrain set up, you want to clog his table half... then pray for the chance that YOU pick deployment. Remember to never give up. Use teams in tandem to wrap up his units.

Nuff Said?

DarkLink
10-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Frag missiles will work pretty well.

Orks tend to take two general approaches (excluding lists like 9 killa kans, or multiple nob biker units). Either lots of trukks and battlewagons full of guys, or lots of guys on foot (footslogging is less competitive, though). Missile Launchers can tear apart trukks, and with all those small blasts, hurt hordes very well. 3 squads of Missile Launchers will let you deal with any light vehicles he can take, and with an hordes he can take. You just need to tailor the rest of the list to deal with anything else he can take (like battlewagons full of Meganobz, or such).

Kanaellars
10-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Thanks for all the help so far.

So far I am thinking lots of missiles, some Wolf Guard Terminators (to take out hard targets) possibly in a Land Raider Redeeer (Flamers would help as well), a couple squads of Grey Hunters (Objective grabbers) in Rhinos, and maybe some scouts to cause him to double think what he is doing in his backfield?