PDA

View Full Version : WWII Miniatures

Eberk
09-14-2012, 01:52 AM
Hi

I'm looking for WWII miniatures. Size does not really matter but I want them to be looking nice, a lot of variety and a scale where tanks/vehicles are also available.

I googled and found some companies but some are looking good but don't have enough choice and some are, well, not looking really good :)

So, if there is anybody out there who plays with (or owns) WWII miniatures please let me know the websites (and tell me why you choose these models and/or why you like them)

Reason I ask is the release of the BOLT Action WII ruleset from Osprey Publishing writing by Rick Priestley and Allessio Cavatore. (which looks very, very promising :D)

Thanks

energongoodie
09-14-2012, 02:54 AM
If you have the Bolt Action rule book then surely you have checked Warlord's own website? Although if you bought it from Osprey instead of them, then maybe not. You aren't gonna get a much better selection than what they are offering. I really like their miniatures and I'm building some today funnily enough.

http://www.warlordgames.com/store/bolt-action.html

Eberk
09-14-2012, 05:41 AM
I saw the Bolt Action books through the Osprey site (got a Newsletter yesterday), so I haven't looked at the Warlord games website. Will certainly do that though (perhaps my search is already over :D)

energongoodie
09-15-2012, 11:49 AM
I think it will be :)

Post up photos when you get stuff. I'm gonna start posting bits soon.

stampdog316
10-26-2012, 10:57 AM
The Warlord series of plastics are really nice. They also have a wide selection--for example British with both European uniforms and Chindit-style uniforms for Burma. They also have an impressive selection of vehicles like the Polish 7tp double-turreted tank. They are 28mm which I like for a skirmish style game like Bolt Action. If you paint something smaller you can take a look at the 15mm Flames of War models.

Majorcrash
11-22-2012, 03:41 PM
I have just recieved the rules for bolt action and overall really like them. I have had WWII minis for a while. some places to look are - old crow design, black tree, artizan design, brigade games, and for an older look copplestone castings. also try old glory but those are some old minis and i thinks wargames factory was trying to make some. vehicles are harder to find. boltaction has the best choices for the price.

Hauptmann61
01-22-2014, 05:30 AM
If you have the Bolt Action rule book then surely you have checked Warlord's own website? Although if you bought it from Osprey instead of them, then maybe not. You aren't gonna get a much better selection than what they are offering. I really like their miniatures and I'm building some today funnily enough.

http://www.warlordgames.com/store/bolt-action.html

I have to second that. I got into Bolt Action when it was released here in the UK, August 2012 if memory serves me correctly and i can honestly say you cant go wrong with Warlord Games minatures. Ive tried most others and I can say hand on heart that Warlords beats them all hands down on WW2 minatures. For the quality I get the price is very reasonable. Yes you can get cheaper but they are not in the same ballpark.

What I like about Warlords quality is the face detail and the multiple poses you get. Mold lines are very faint and the detail is exquisite and makes painting a joy.

btdjohnno
04-23-2015, 02:00 PM
Hi Eberk,
John From Black Tree Design here (we were mentioned above by Majorcrash - thanks). If you would like to see a sample of our miniatures please drop me an email and I will send a couple lickety split. If anyone would like to see a WWII (or one of our other ranges) just let me know.
John
[email protected]
http://www.blacktreedesign.com

Here is a quick peek