PDA

View Full Version : Black Templars and Navigators

stu8sn
10-05-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm trying to work out how the black templars can find navigators for their vessels when they despise psykers and mutants so much. I couldnt see them sending marines to a navigator family to act as honor guards, how would a hardcore templar survive surrounded by psykers all the time.

Actually are Navigators even considered psykers or are they mutants?

Bigred
10-05-2009, 11:10 PM
The Navigators are mutants, a rare strain devised before the Dark Age of Technology. Only through interbreeding with other Navigators is the gene passed on to offspring, so the navigator houses are insular, and extremely powerful in Imperial society. Without them (and the Astronomican) there would be no space travel. They are so powerful the head of the Navigator guilds sends a representative (the Paternoval Envoy), who is often a member of the High Lords of Terra.

I would assume the Black Templars have a dispensation of the finest navigators assigned to thier fleets as the other Astartes Chapters do. Its either that or walk ;)

Bung
10-06-2009, 04:07 AM
The Codex stats that they use sanctioned psykers from imperial institiutions which regret that they are psykers.
So: Ahoi, you flagellant navigators.

imperialsavant
10-07-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm trying to work out how the black templars can find navigators for their vessels when they despise psykers and mutants so much. I couldnt see them sending marines to a navigator family to act as honor guards, how would a hardcore templar survive surrounded by psykers all the time.

:) The Templars will work with Psykers who they believe are Emperor sanctioned & above corruption hence they will work with Puritan Inquisitors & Grey Knights so they would obviously work with & need Navigators to steer their Battle Barges through the Warp. ;)

jeffersonian000
10-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Navigators aren't mutants. They are an engineered species that is no longer human as they are unable to breed with humans. They, however, are sanctioned psykers that are required if warp travel is to be used. No Templar in his right mind would harm a hair on a Navigator's head; such an attack would lead to the entire Templar fleet being stranded. No ship more movements, no more Crusade.

SJ

Marshal2Crusaders
10-08-2009, 02:03 AM
Someone say Templars? Oh, its covered. Good. I'll just say it again, we don't like bad psykers. Emperor ordained are OK. Librarians were banned by the Emperor, so they are a No Go.