PDA

View Full Version : Swiftclaw Bikers

PinoyC
10-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Here's my latest SW Q that came out of the new dex...

In the swiftclaw biker entry it states you can have a pack of 3-10 bikers...then in the options it states that you can add a single Atk Biker for 30 pts...does it mean that I'm buying a whole new model for 30 pts or upgrading a model for 30 pts (totaling 55)?

Also, can I max out the squad (10 regular bikers) then as an option take an atk biker...making my unit 11 models strong? (assuming the option is another model not an upgrade)

PC

Kanaellars
10-07-2009, 02:26 AM
It says ADD, not upgrade, so I would read it as an 11th model.

I would say 10xSwiftclaw @ 25pts, PLUS 1x Attack Bike @ 30pts

Old_Paladin
10-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Yup, sounds like you can get an 11 member pack and a cheap extra member.

As a side question; isn't the Attack Bike manned by bloodclaws, making it a BS:3 heavy weapon? That might explain why is would seem so cheap.

Lerra
10-07-2009, 12:15 PM
As a side question; isn't the Attack Bike manned by bloodclaws, making it a BS:3 heavy weapon? That might explain why is would seem so cheap.

Yes. It's still a pretty nice buy for 30 points, tho.

The West Coast Knight
10-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Then add in a Wolf Guard on a bike and you now have a 13 wound T 5 unit zipping around the board.

Sounds like fun to me.

Oh and I think they can all take Melta Bombs as well.

PinoyC
10-07-2009, 06:20 PM
rgr, thanks fellas...I don't think I'll use a sqd that big...but I wanted to ensure I had the option (I can go w/ multiple sqds, have more special wpns, and hit different targets).

PC

Dosadi
10-08-2009, 08:34 AM
My friend uses a maxed out swiftclaw biker pack with a WG leader and it's a huge pain in the ***. It's super maneuverable, can put out a ton of fire and is deadly on the charge.

I once did 16 wounds to with a Thunderfire cannon and that's when he learned to space them out better.;)

It's a points sink, but in a 2k game I think it's worth it if you've got the models.

Dosadi

wolflold
10-22-2009, 04:28 AM
And its the only marine bike squad that also has an bolt pistol AND close combat weapon :D, which makes them even better. Still i choose thunder wolves above bikers though.