PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age 3

Pages : [1] 2 3

eldargal
10-09-2012, 08:07 AM
We seem to be getting a little bit of actual information about Dragon Age III:

"The great nation of Orlais, the most powerful empire in Dragon Age, tears itself apart in civil war," reads a summary posted on NeoGAF. "The stout men and women of Ferelden struggle to recover and reclaim their nation from the horde of vile Darkspawn that lay waste [sic] to its lands a decade ago.

"The Chantry, the once-unified faith of the Dragon Age world stands divided. The Templar order has broken away, claiming the church has become too lax in policing the dangerous powers o the mages. The Mage circles have rebelled, believing the Templars have become too strict, too zealous in their duties, and too quick to slaughter those who step out of line.

"The world of Dragon Age is one on the brink of collapse, and when a desperate gathering in the name of peace becomes the epicentre of a magical blast that decimates the Chantry's leadership, it becomes clear that someone or something is manipulating events to drive the world into chaos.

"From the ashes of that explosion, something new rises: The Inquisition. As the Inquisitor, it falls to you to build up your power and martial your forces, uncover secrets and build connections across the world. You must explore forgotten spaces, uncover ancient mysteries and uproot those who would destroy the fabric of the world."
Translated form German apparently, from here (http://www.oxm.co.uk/45014/dragon-age-3-stars-an-inquisitor-has-co-op-and-political-meta-game-according-to-surveys/).

There is also this:
http://cdn.medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/screenshot_26043_thumb_wide940.jpg

I'm rather excited.

Kyban
10-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Looks interesting, I'll have to go back and finish the second one...and my current play-through of the first... :o

DrLove42
10-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Meh. Picked up the first a year after it came out, never finished it, never cared to go back to it

Didn't touch the 2nd. Short of amazing across the board reviews, a complete overhaul of system and a good demo I won't bother with this either

Psychosplodge
10-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Well if it's a dumbed down as much as the last one they'll have turned it into a series of quick time events...

Also don't female dwarfs have beards?

Wolfshade
10-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Also don't female dwarfs have beards?

I was just thinking that; along with the observation that men seem to have perfected trousers whereas women seem unable to dress...

Psychosplodge
10-09-2012, 08:22 AM
I was just thinking that; along with the observation that men seem to have perfected trousers whereas women seem unable to dress...
I don't know think I've seen the Human females outfit in real life before, maybe they're all accurate portrayals of pyjamas?

Wolfshade
10-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Dargon Age 3: The Frat-House Pyjama Party Edition...

eldargal
10-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Dwarf women in Dragon Age never had beards. BW have said they have learnt from the mistakes of DA2, and I believe them the. The story DLC Legacy and Mark of the Assassin were both absolutely wonderful in my opinion.

It is also using the Battlefield 3 engine.

Psychosplodge
10-09-2012, 08:29 AM
They also said that there was "real choice" in mass effect 3, and the battlefield engine has been slammed for singleplayer.

imperialpower
10-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Really enjoyed the first dragon age and then was seriously let down by the other offerings that pained me to complete, hopefully this next one will be as good as the first even if it is the Frat-house pyjama edition.

DrLove42
10-09-2012, 08:32 AM
They also said that there was "real choice" in mass effect 3, and the battlefield engine has been slammed for singleplayer.

Battlefield engine is fine for single player. Its just that Battlefield is a crap game form single player....

And Mass Effect did have real choice. Its just that those choices had **** all consequences

eldargal
10-09-2012, 08:34 AM
How can you slam a graphics engine for single player? That's ridiculous, its a graphics engine.:rolleyes:

ME3 was made by a different team of people, and even then BW showed a willingness to listen to criticism, look at the Extended Cut. Most people were happy with it, bar a few habitual whingers. Even with the online nerdrage ME3 still sold exceptionally well for weeks after launch.

Psychosplodge
10-09-2012, 08:40 AM
I didn't really think about that did I? lol
I was thinking in terms of the lazy respawning enemies and poor AI, but if you're only talking graphics that's different, hope it has some good water effects...
It was hyped the same way modern call of battlefield is, the "moaning" was far more widespread than anything I can remember recently...

DrLove42
10-09-2012, 08:45 AM
In other battlefield news....

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13066-Fox-Developing--Battlefield--Bad-Company--Action-TV-Series.html

Kirsten
10-09-2012, 09:12 AM
I agree with imperialpower on this one, not especially interested. Absolutely loved Dragon Age, played it through three times with different characters, Dragon Age 2 was a major let down, less choice, boring/annoying characters, plot tedious and disconnected, I never finished it. It was all spectacle and no substance, I hated the fact that you could press the attack button twice and your character started leaping about all over the place, it totally removed me from the experience because the on screen animations had no bearing on what I was doing.

eldargal
10-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I actually preferred the story of DA2, it was so refreshing to have a protagonist who for all her skills and position at the centre of events was treated like just another person by the other factions. No bullying them into not killing each other just because she was the protagonist. I did dislike the combat system though, very boring and silly.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Ohhhhh! I hope I cans be a Qunari, that would be SPECTACULAR! :D

I am excited!

scadugenga
10-09-2012, 08:30 PM
DA: 3 will not be a game I run out and buy. 2 was such a letdown due to the game play. That, and well--I may not be finished playing XCom over and over and over again.

DrLove42
10-22-2012, 06:13 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13203-More-Details-and-Concept-Art-Revealed-for-Dragon-Age-III--Inquisition.html

Still nothing to show, so i'm stil not excited.

But some info. One oft he worlds in 3 will be the size of all the worlds in 2.

And you get your own castle to control and grow. Kinda cool

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/da3-2.jpg

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/da3-1.jpg

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-22-2012, 06:19 AM
Are we playing a Fantasy version of Dark Heresy?

Psychosplodge
10-22-2012, 06:22 AM
And you get your own castle to control and grow. Kinda cool

*cough* Neverwinter nights *cough*

DrLove42
10-22-2012, 07:03 AM
It also has a subtitle;

Dragon Age 3; Inquisition

Psychosplodge
10-22-2012, 07:06 AM
pfft overdone...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-22-2012, 07:08 AM
See my last post

Psychosplodge
10-22-2012, 07:09 AM
I don't know are you?

eldargal
10-22-2012, 07:52 AM
I don't recall Neverwinter Nights having a castle you could control? Baldur's Gate 2 did though. Given the advances in gaming since then I'm hoping for lots, lots more customisation in DA3.

*cough* Neverwinter nights *cough*

It's just been said that DA3 has been in development longer than Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins. No excuse for a rushed game now, really hoping Bioware outdo themselves on this.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-22-2012, 07:57 AM
They better not rush it, otherwise I will be mad.

Psychosplodge
10-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Was it number two? There was certainly one where you had to find ores to upgrade the walls and talk to your architect and stuff...
You could only get the castle in Baldurs Gate II if you were a fighter of some sort.

eldargal
10-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Must have been two, or my memory is really bad. I finished the first one several times but never finished the second.

Psychosplodge
10-22-2012, 08:11 AM
It's probably two, it's been a while since I've played either so i'm not hundred percent sure.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-24-2012, 11:07 PM
I wonder if they'll make an MMO...

Deadlift
10-25-2012, 12:59 AM
I wonder if they'll make an MMO...

That would be cool, but with The Eldar scrolls mmo coming the comp is going to be stiff.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-25-2012, 01:03 AM
Are you going to be playing TESO?

eldargal
10-25-2012, 01:28 AM
I don't really want a Dragon Age MMO, especially since the age of MMO cash cows is really over. Stick to singleplayer and focus on being fantastic like DA:O.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Only because you're anti social. :p

eldargal
10-25-2012, 01:49 AM
I'm actually very sociable.

Just not in MMOs.:p

Deadlift
10-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Are you going to be playing TESO?

yes, yes i will :)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-25-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm actually very sociable.

Just not in MMOs.:p

Then meet up with me! :p

@Dead - I sense questing!

Deadlift
10-25-2012, 02:53 AM
Sounds good to me, I will warn you that my "bull in china shop" approach to life is pretty much how I play games. Head down, steam in and worry about what happens after :) I usually play tank classes.

DrLove42
10-25-2012, 02:56 AM
Speaking of ESO

Suddenly video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI&feature=plcp

Psychosplodge
10-25-2012, 03:08 AM
I usually play tank classes.

I read that as I usually play tank chess

I thought, tank chess? that sounds kinda cool...

eldargal
10-25-2012, 03:48 AM
Looks promising, I hope they deliver. AoC promised a revolutionary combat system too and it really didn't deliver (still not a bad game though I've not played it in years). Hoping for the best. Really liked the bit about damage to castles needing to be repaired and being able to quest solo to help the war effort.

Going to make a Dunmer stabby ho with pretty hair.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-25-2012, 04:23 AM
Sounds like we have a party plan! I'll be a mage, so hellz yeah!

Deadlift
10-25-2012, 06:01 AM
Sounds like we have a party plan! I'll be a mage, so hellz yeah!

If you don't mind me clanking around and charging off at the nearest group of NPC then,
Yeah I'm in :) raagggggghhhhhhhh

White Tiger88
10-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Dwarf women in Dragon Age never had beards. BW have said they have learnt from the mistakes of DA2, and I believe them the. The story DLC Legacy and Mark of the Assassin were both absolutely wonderful in my opinion.

It is also using the Battlefield 3 engine.

Get GW2 Its fantasy crack....

Kyban
10-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Get GW2 Its fantasy crack....

I really liked GW1 and haven't gotten to play much GW2, so far though it seems a little too much like WoW just like every other MMO that comes out these days.

White Tiger88
10-25-2012, 10:39 AM
I really liked GW1 and haven't gotten to play much GW2, so far though it seems a little too much like WoW just like every other MMO that comes out these days.

Try the new wvw......stuipid castlwe defencea hurt!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-25-2012, 10:58 AM
If you don't mind me clanking around and charging off at the nearest group of NPC then,
Yeah I'm in :) raagggggghhhhhhhh

Rawr!

Godless Zealot
11-29-2012, 07:38 AM
So it appears Dragon Age 3 may be heading to next-gen consoles instead, interesting. I wonder how this will affect transferring of game saves, assuming you still can of course.

Psychosplodge
11-29-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm more exciting for the next gen version of this

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me6fzdYYX61qcloaeo1_500.gif

Wolfshade
11-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Meh. Picked up the first a year after it came out, never finished it, never cared to go back to it

Didn't touch the 2nd. Short of amazing across the board reviews, a complete overhaul of system and a good demo I won't bother with this either

Picked up the first one two months ago, installed it a week ago and I love it. Though I find the camera angles irritating especially on maps with multiple levels

Godless Zealot
11-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Picked up the first one two months ago, installed it a week ago and I love it. Though I find the camera angles irritating especially on maps with multiple levels

It's a good series despite what people may say about the second game.

eldargal
11-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Yep, though the second game did have it's issues it wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as the first one.

Godless Zealot
11-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Yep, though the second game did have it's issues it wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as the first one.

I agree that elements of the second one were inferior to the first, combat etc. Though as I believe you posted earlier it was refreshing to play a smaller scale role in a large conflict. You weren't cast as the super hero saviour of the land who can convince everyone to follow you.

Nabterayl
11-29-2012, 10:27 AM
I also liked both games. I even liked the combat system of DA2 - what I didn't like was the combats themselves. The endless repetition of new waves spawning in places you couldn't plan for was what made DA2 combat tiresome to me, not the changes they made to the player's abilities, talent trees, and so forth. I also really liked the story of DA2. I wouldn't want every game to adopt the "story of a small area and a single family over a long period of time" as the new genre standard, but I'm really glad it got done, and done so well.

I think it was at a recent PAX panel that David Gaider said one of the things that most excited them about Dragon Age was the fact that, as owners of the IP, they can radically change the world. In a licensed game, the rebellion of the Circles and the disintegration of the Chantry would probably be background elements at best, and you'd play in their aftermath. In Dragon Age, you get to play through them. I think that's their focus, and that's what accounts for the constant changes in POV. Though DA:O was about introducing the IP, the series as a whole seems to be about jumping from flashpoint to flashpoint in the disintegration of the old world order.

Personally very excited, as BioWare seems to have its institutional finger on how to learn from past mistakes when they get too artsy. Just need a new video card for my damn PC ...

eldargal
04-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Not strictly speaking DA3 news, but a new Dragon Age novel has been announced (http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/03/tor-books-announces-new-dragon-age-novel-with-bioware-senior-writer-patrick-weeks), starring Empress Celene I of Orlais and her handmaiden/confidante/lover Briala:
http://www.tor.com/images/stories/blogs/13_03/dragon-age-masked-empire-large.jpg

Tor Books—the largest publisher of science fiction in the world—and BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts, are excited to announce the fourth novel in the award-winning Dragon Age™ fantasy RPG franchise. Patrick Weekes, senior writer at BioWare, will pen Dragon Age: The Masked Empire for April 2014 publication.
I'm excited 'cos I've wanted to see more of Orlais since DAO and while Asunder gave a little insight into Orlais and much of it was set in Val Royeaux you still didn't really get a great impression of what the place was like.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
04-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Space France, but not in space. OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo!

eldargal
04-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Thedas France.:p

Speaking of Thedas there is also a rather impressive collectors edition of the new World of Thedas DA encyclopedia/sourcebook thing available on the Bioware store:
http://biowarestore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/o/book-da-thedasv1-hardcover.jpg
http://biowarestore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/o/book-da-thedasv1-full.jpg
http://biowarestore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/o/book-da-thedasv1-page4.jpg
I managed to get one of the first 500 signed editions so pleased about that. I love books like this, I wish GW would do some.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
04-07-2013, 02:39 AM
Don't tempt me with artwork, that's why I buy FFG stuff. xD

ALL OF IT.

Kirsten
04-07-2013, 05:17 AM
I managed to get one of the first 500 signed editions so pleased about that. I love books like this, I wish GW would do some.

they need to do more of the Liber book series and similar, I have the first four Liber Chaoticas, Liber Necris, Loathesome Ratmen, Blood on the Reik. All superb books, but a long time since any of them were released, we need more.

eldargal
04-07-2013, 05:26 AM
Agreed, even if the Liber were re-released it would be a start. Hard to find and expensive if you don't already have them.

Kirsten
04-07-2013, 05:32 AM
yeah took me a few years to track them down because they were not listed as limited edition. So by the time I got round to buying them, the khorne and Slaanesh books were already sold out so I snapped up Nurgle and Tzeentch, then spent two years trawling ebay and managed to pick up the other two for only just over the original rrp, partly helped by currency conversion.

Chronowraith
04-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Dark Horse Comics released Dragon Age: The World of Thedas (Volume 1) today. It is a hardcover book that explains the setting of Dragon Age and concentrates on Thedas. I picked it up today while making my usual Wednesday new comics run.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/22-388/Dragon-Age-The-World-of-Thedas-Volume-1-HC

The book is fantastically laid out and a great read so far.

eldargal
04-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Yep, my Collectors Edition from the Bioware store should be here soon. Looking forward to it, seen a few reviews so far and they have all been glowing.

Chronowraith
04-18-2013, 05:11 AM
II can attest to the production values. Overall it is very well laid out with nice detailed sections on background, races, countries, social structures, and events. A timeline is found at the bottom of the page and runs almost the lentirety of the book. The artwork is a superb blend of stylized graphics (similar to the 2nd game) and paintings (that were likely concepts for both games).

I really like how they keep the events of Dragon Age: Origins non-attributable. They talk about it but only refer to the "Hero of Ferelden" or the "Leader of the Wardens" (all two of them).

eldargal
04-26-2013, 07:44 AM
My Collectors edition arrived, it is absolutely beautiful. Not only is the book content lovely but the embossed (faux) leather cover, signed print folder and case are all top quality. Very impressed, well worth the money. I'd put it on a similar level to Tamurkhan from FW but with the added extra of a case and signed print (in a lovely folder) with an opulent red cloth lining.

I wish GWs LE codices were more like this, I'd happily pay 50% more for them.

Chronowraith
04-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Question about the Collector's Edition... does it have a ribbon bookmark? That's the only thing I wish was present from my normal edition of this book.

eldargal
04-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Yep it does, and there is a ribbon tohelp lift the book out of the case and the signed print folder ties up with a ribbon. It's packed full of ribbon.:) which I approve cos ribbons are great.

eldargal
04-29-2013, 01:28 AM
Finally watched Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker, the first ten minutes were a bit slow but after that it was really rather good.

Wolfshade
06-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Little bit more Dragon Age 3 : Inquistion perhaps?

Watch the @ea conference tomorrow at 1pm PST for something new from @dragonage

— Mark Darrah (@BioMarkDarrah) June 9, 2013 (https://twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah/status/343775767546707970)

Learn2Eel
06-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Has to be.

eldargal
06-10-2013, 12:52 PM
One hour ten minutes to go 'til the press conference. /excited I still think they should have kept it a surprise though #nooneexpectstheDragonAgeInquisition

I have high hopes for Inquisition, it's had a much longer development time than II so it seems EA/BW learnt their lesson.

Learn2Eel
06-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Dang it, I'm staying up for this and the other conferences. I'll eat "breakfast" and "lunch" then go to bed and get up for dinner.

Scratch that, starting to get tired. I'll re-watch the EA and Ubisoft conferences after I watch the Sony one live. Should be a good day tomorrow.

Wildeybeast
06-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Anyone know where I can stream this?

Learn2Eel
06-10-2013, 01:13 PM
http://au.ign.com/events/e3
Theirs has live interviews with big developers too, though I expect Gametrailers' does as well.

Wildeybeast
06-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Thank you

eldargal
06-10-2013, 02:29 PM
*squee* Morrigan *unsqueee*

Kirsten
06-10-2013, 02:31 PM
yush

Kirsten
06-10-2013, 03:16 PM
hmm, not technically Dragon Age 3 either, just Dragon Age Inquisition. clothing looks like a time period change to me, and does the guy who kneels down have a musket of some sort? Morrigan could live for a generations so the plot could move forward a long time.

eldargal
06-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Cassandra Pentaghast is there not looking that much older than she did in DAII and the kneeling chap is Varric with Bianca, his crossbow. The costuming is hard to judge, it became considerably more ornate and renaissance looking in DA2 compared to Origins and the art in the World of Thedas book shows even more ornate concept art for various costumes, particularly from Orlais and Tevinter.

Kirsten
06-10-2013, 03:23 PM
aah ok. I played most of 2 but it was pretty dull for me personally, never grabbed me, I couldn't tell you names of any of the people in it, or much about anything beyond the broad story.

eldargal
06-10-2013, 03:25 PM
I loved 2, the gameplay was a bit dull but I loved the story and the fact the world didn't revolve around the protagonist but you were caught up in events beyond your control with three factions with their own agenda and no willingness to compromise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpEsgxlZqro

Kirsten
06-10-2013, 03:27 PM
I didn't like the fact that it was just a load of events, it was more like a week in the life of a city (over more time obviosuly) and it just didn't make me care at all about what was going on. didn't like the removal of character customisation too. doing nothing but creating your first name (Mo) after the first game having so much choice.

eldargal
06-10-2013, 03:31 PM
It could feel rushed, I habitually explore everywhere and do every side quest so I didn't feel that myself but I have friends who did. It was rushed out far too early, it only had around two years development time which is less than half DA:O had, and it showed. Did you play the DLC though? I thought the DLC for it was fantastic, particularly Legacy or whatever it was called.

Kirsten
06-10-2013, 03:36 PM
no never even finished the main game, got to the start of the last act and thoguht sod it, I don't care. The amazing adventures of Mo Hawke were left undone.

eldargal
06-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Pity, the ending was quite epic.:p You can play the DLC whenever, fairly sure the level scales. But obviously incentive is low now. The Legacy DLC was brilliant if you're a DA lore nut like me and the Mark of the Assassin DLC had a character voiced by Felicia Day so that is automatically fantastic.

Kirsten
06-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I am planning to pick it up again on PC and try it at some point, might do. I got my brother to name his character 'The' my next one will be Sparrow possibly

eldargal
06-10-2013, 03:56 PM
I'd imagine it is quite cheap now. If you're interested at all in the background I recommend the World of Thedas volume 1 book, it's really lovely.:)

Bed time! *flails tiredly*

Kirsten
06-10-2013, 03:59 PM
yeah it is £5 on PC now.

go sleep off your alcoholism :p

Wolfshade
06-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Awesome trailer looks awesome.

Wildeybeast
06-11-2013, 12:16 AM
I loved 2, the gameplay was a bit dull but I loved the story and the fact the world didn't revolve around the protagonist but you were caught up in events beyond your control with three factions with their own agenda and no willingness to compromise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpEsgxlZqro

This. Everyone else I know hated it, but I really enjoyed it for exactly these reasons.

As for 3, I'm getting excited now. Good to see my beloved Morrigan back again.

eldargal
06-11-2013, 12:22 AM
yeah it is £5 on PC now.

go sleep off your alcoholism :p
Not even hungover.:cool:

Also pretty much all the issues with DA2 can be traced back to the fact it was incredibly rushed development, it had around two years compared to DA:O having four. Really I'm amazed it was as good as it was.

Kirsten
06-11-2013, 02:49 AM
I would have been more amazed if they had kept a lot of what makes the first one so good. It is not just about being rushed, some of their decisions just didn't work. I doubt the combat would have been much different had they spent four years on it. But I found pressing a button and having my character leaping and flipping all over the place incredibly jarring.

Phototoxin
06-11-2013, 03:49 AM

Ditto, tried the first one. Thought hmm baldurs gate for the 999th time is better and didn't resume. Didn't see the hype, don't like EA, conclusion reached.

eldargal
06-11-2013, 03:58 AM
I would have been more amazed if they had kept a lot of what makes the first one so good. It is not just about being rushed, some of their decisions just didn't work. I doubt the combat would have been much different had they spent four years on it. But I found pressing a button and having my character leaping and flipping all over the place incredibly jarring.
Well a lot of that was rushing, bar combat. Thee were supposed to be more areas, more quests, more depth and breadth in general but it was cut down to the bare basics to get it out early apparently.

They did remedy the combat system somewhat in the DLC, some of the fights were fantastic with less silly leaping about (which was silly).

Kirsten
06-11-2013, 04:01 AM
yeah, I played the initial intro and was a bit annoyed by all the leaping about, then when it starts over to be more truthful I thought aah good, all the silliness was just story embellishing and combat will be more realistic. oh, I am still leaping about...

Learn2Eel
06-11-2013, 05:01 AM
Finally got to see the trailer, excited as always. The next generation will be awesome.

As far as Dragon Age 2 is concerned, I think it was a lot better than it is given credit for.

Wolfshade
06-11-2013, 05:08 AM
Still playing DA:O :(

eldargal
06-11-2013, 05:12 AM
Still playing DA:O :(

It's ftw. Trying to resist starting a new campaign myself, I'm already distracted enough from my FalloutNV campaign with Sins of a Solar Empire and a new Skyrim playthrough.:(

Kirsten
06-11-2013, 05:15 AM
I am playing Origins again, for about the fourth time now. Tempted to get Skyrim on PC. Sins of a Solar Empire does look cool.
I was very confused playing the dlc for Origins because other dlc equipment didn't port over. so going to our new grey warden castle in the intro my character was in her underwear in a thunderstorm looking serious, nodding thoughtfully, and slaying dark spawn.

Wolfshade
06-11-2013, 05:18 AM
It's ftw. Trying to resist starting a new campaign myself, I'm already distracted enough from my FalloutNV campaign with Sins of a Solar Empire and a new Skyrim playthrough.:(

I think you miss understand me, I have not completed it yet.

I had one character that got to red cliffe but couldn't do the boss fight so I had to start over.

I now have a mage that is somewhere in the dwarf stronghold.

NV is always tempting me, have you tried any of these modds: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/11/02/25-best-fallout-new-vegas-mods/
or Project Brazil?

eldargal
06-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Hm that's odd, I never noticed DLC gear disappearing.

@Wolfshade no I got it.:p Just saying I'm trying to stop myself starting my 10th or something campaign, its a brilliant game. Red Cliff is a pain, I always do the Mages first to get Wynne for leet healing skillz.

Kirsten
06-11-2013, 05:20 AM
I played it on PS3 so couldn't swear as to the PC settings, but it is true on consoles, any equipment you had as a piece of dlc, and I had a badass two handed sword from superman's parents, and full plate armour, for wahtever reason did not work in the big story dlc. So I had to reload my main game, swap my awesome gear for something slightly less awesome, save, and restart the dlc with the newer save file so I had armour and weapons.

eldargal
06-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Aw, that's horrid, I loved that sword on my Warden.

Kirsten
06-11-2013, 05:25 AM
it was pretty funny though. I had no idea what the issue was initially, so I was playing the intro to warden's keep in my underwear. the character that is, not me personally. honest. the other character is explaining the issues with the fort and the dark spawn and my character is there nodding and looking serious and I am thinking 'where are your clothes woman?! Surely this isn't supposed to be like this? how is that guy keeping a straight face?' anything from the main game was fine, anything you pick up in the stone prisoner, return to ostagar etc. didn't carry over. don't know why, you wouldn't think a few tiny bits of data were hard to copy over.

DrLove42
06-11-2013, 05:29 AM
Watched the trailer. Anyone getting a ME3 vibe (end of the world, factions must unite etc in Part 3 of a Bioware RPG series)?

DA1 i found mediocre. 2 i never touched cos it got slated. if reviews on 3 are good enough, and theres nothing else to play i might pick it up

eldargal
06-11-2013, 06:43 AM
it was pretty funny though. I had no idea what the issue was initially, so I was playing the intro to warden's keep in my underwear. the character that is, not me personally. honest. the other character is explaining the issues with the fort and the dark spawn and my character is there nodding and looking serious and I am thinking 'where are your clothes woman?! Surely this isn't supposed to be like this? how is that guy keeping a straight face?' anything from the main game was fine, anything you pick up in the stone prisoner, return to ostagar etc. didn't carry over. don't know why, you wouldn't think a few tiny bits of data were hard to copy over.
could have been worse, you could have had a nude patch installed.:p You just know there is actually a DA nude patch out there somewhere.

Watched the trailer. Anyone getting a ME3 vibe (end of the world, factions must unite etc in Part 3 of a Bioware RPG series)?

DA1 i found mediocre. 2 i never touched cos it got slated. if reviews on 3 are good enough, and theres nothing else to play i might pick it up
Nope, no ME3 vibe.:p DA:O was far from mediocre, it's widely regarded as one of the greatest modern RPGs and I would concur with that. It has amazing depth and breadth. DA2 had many problems but the story was amazing in, as I said, it put you in a much more realistic situation. Yes you were a hero with wealth and power (eventually) but you weren't regarded as some kind of God whose war was lore and three major factions in the game basically just ignored you or used you for their own ends. It was brilliant. If they hadn't fudged the development cycle up it would have been another modern classic I think, even if people would have struggled with not having the game world revolve around them.

Kirsten
06-11-2013, 06:44 AM
'you' just 'know' eh? did you invent it by any chance? :p

Gotthammer
06-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Anyone getting a ME3 vibe?

Bloody hell, they'll licence anything these days :rolleyes:

...or are we talking about something else?

The no-DLC import thing can be fixed for most of them with a bit of buggering around, but not for Morrigan's one for some reason. Really annoying as my Warden was rocking the Warden Commander's plate and looking boss and I'd sold all my other gear and couldn't be bothered.

Kirsten
06-11-2013, 06:51 AM

hehehehehehe

I'm Commander Shepherd and this is my favourite...

eldargal
06-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Lol no, no idea how those things work.:p

Really no ME3 vibe though. The story as we know it is that the main religion of Thedas, the Chantry, is going through a schism of epic proportions sparked by how best to deal with mages. The main Chantry state, Orlais, is also going through a civil war 'cos some of the (male) nobles are cranky with the (female, lesbian, childless) Empress' policies. At the same time the Qunari (horned non-human people) are getting more aggressive despite a long standing peace treaty and the mages themselves are in full rebellion against the mage-hunter Templar Order who split off from the Chantry after the head of the Chantry supported not persecuting the mages. It also looks like a new Blight might be starting and we don't know how the mage-dominated state of the Tevinter Imperium (who used to rule Thedas) are going to take advantage of the weakened and pre-occupied Chantry states. I wouldn't be surprised if it was their magic that was making fire fall from the sky and whatnot. The trailer also says you can either stand against the darkness or lead the world into it so that isn't like ME3 at all.

In short, I doubt it's going to be a 'unite the factions and save the world' in the same way ME3 was. There will be an element of finding allies and building up your forces though. Interesting that hte protagonist won't be Hawke from DA2 or the Warden from DAO, but you might be able to interact with both of them. If you can import your DAO/2 save games and actually see your old characters looking the same and whatnot that will be great.

I want more Leliana...

Wolfshade
06-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Why doesn't Sten nor Morigan like me?!

Kirsten
06-11-2013, 06:54 AM
give him cake

eldargal
06-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Because you suck.:p You really have to try and earn their respect. From memory don't be a pushover but don't be judgemental or sentimental with Morrigan. For Sten stand your ground but don't go abusing the Qun (hurhur) or anything. I don't really remember. Doing their quests and keeping an eye out for gifts is important, get a gift guide off of Dragon Age wiki or somewhere if you need too.

Oh and sten likes cake. Really likes cake...

Kirsten
06-11-2013, 07:02 AM
it was a bit sinister really. how do you feel about me sten? not keen? have this cake... what about now? no? have some more cake...

what did she put in those cakes? :p
like an enabler

eldargal
06-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Hash brownies lol.

"You are weak, the qun will sweep the weak away"
"Have a brownie"
"Hm." *omnom* "Duuuude..."

...or are we talking about something else?
Kahlee Sanders brand adjustable massage wands...

DrLove42
06-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Reminds me f the story from the "The Trenches"

Its a webcomic about gaming QA testing, that comes with stories from people who've done it. One recently was a dating simulator he was testing. You had to balence how attracted "she" was to you and how much she liked you. If you got her "attractiveness" up, you could sleep with her, even if she hated you.

There was a potion in game that let you max out attraction at any point, guarenteeing your character sex. The QA guy pointed out it was basically Rhohypnol....and was fired. Game never released....

Wildeybeast
06-11-2013, 10:29 AM

There is a DLC gift pack which lets you buy their affection.

Kirsten
06-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Kahlee Sanders brand adjustable massage wands...

so long as they don't go up to krogan...

Kirsten
06-12-2013, 10:15 AM
some girlwood for EG

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/e3-2013-dragon-age-3-inquisition-and-the-next-generation

details about DA3

eldargal
06-13-2013, 12:01 AM
*squee*

Focus back to exploration, melding the combat of the two existing games (DA2 did have some good ideas, they just weren't implemented well) and no multiplayer tacked on are all very good signs. ME3s multiplayer was brilliant but I can't see it working for DA and it seems BW think so too.

Kirsten
06-16-2013, 05:47 PM
hehehe

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd380/KirstenIGMB/garrus_zpsa5491624.jpg (http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/garrus_zpsa5491624.jpg.html)

eldargal
06-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Brilliant.:)

Kirsten
06-19-2013, 06:16 AM
Mass Effect 4 will utilise Dragon Age 3 tech to speed development

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/mass-effect-4-shares-dragon-age-3-core-mechanics

eldargal
06-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Oooh, Mass Effect with destructible terrain and whatnot, sexy.

Kirsten
06-19-2013, 06:38 AM
sounds cool

DrLove42
06-26-2013, 11:24 AM
First in game image released

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1934/med_Dragon_Age_Inquisition_E3_2013_Screen21.jpg

Wolfshade
06-27-2013, 04:58 AM
sneaky extras...

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/06/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-2.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/06/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-3.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/06/Dragon-Age-Inquisistion-4.jpg

eldargal
06-27-2013, 05:07 AM
*squee*

Kirsten
06-27-2013, 05:22 AM
*squee*

*squee*

starting to think eldargal is a squeeky toy being squeezed ;)

Wolfshade
06-27-2013, 05:24 AM
Updated the image, someone at pcgamer can't spell inquisition consistently....

eldargal
06-27-2013, 05:35 AM
starting to think eldargal is a squeeky toy being squeezed ;)

I certainly don't object to being squeezed.;) I don't actually squeal though, I flail my arms and yell 'SKWEE' much to the amusements of any witnesses.

Kirsten
06-27-2013, 05:37 AM
that sounds like my weekend entertainment sorted :D

Psychosplodge
06-27-2013, 05:45 AM
lmao.

Doesn't that harm your angry killer image?

eldargal
06-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Kirsten is a girl so no.:p Any boy tries squeezing me gets obliterfried.

Psychosplodge
06-27-2013, 06:58 AM
I meant the SKWE -ing and flailing part...

Kirsten
06-27-2013, 06:59 AM
Kirsten is a girl so no.:p Any boy tries squeezing me gets obliterfried.

:D *makes grabby hands motion*

eldargal
06-27-2013, 07:10 AM
I meant the SKWE -ing and flailing part...
Oh. Right. So did I...

Wolfshade
06-27-2013, 07:10 AM
I'd like some obliterfried chicken and chips please

Psychosplodge
06-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Ok now i've confused myself...

Anyway.
obliterfried chicken just isn't as good as it used to be anymore. Less taste.

eldargal
06-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Ok now i've confused myself...
I was lying, I was referring to gropage not skweeing.

Psychosplodge
06-27-2013, 07:45 AM
¬_¬
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Wolfshade
06-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Oh to be a fly on the wall.

eldargal
06-27-2013, 08:09 AM
It would go something like this:

"OH SH!T THERE IS A GIANT FROG COMING RIGHT AT ME OH GO-"

I have a pet bullfrog.:cool:

Wolfshade
06-27-2013, 08:33 AM
I thought it was a horny toad ;)

eldargal
06-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Nope, toads are rubbish.

Wolfshade
06-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Yeah that just doesn't fly:
http://cdn.kermit-on-tour.com/fly/kermit-eats-fly-1.jpg

Kirsten
06-27-2013, 09:53 AM
a-ha!

puns.

Wolfshade
06-27-2013, 04:54 PM
It's enough to make me want to Kermit suicide..

Wolfshade
07-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Apparently your choices from Dragon Age I and II will matter come number 3...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/25/fear-not-your-dragon-age-choices-will-carry-over-into-inquisition/

Psychosplodge
07-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Apparently your choices from Dragon Age I and II will matter come number 3...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/25/fear-not-your-dragon-age-choices-will-carry-over-into-inquisition/

Yes just like they did in mass effect lmao.

Wolfshade
08-07-2013, 07:54 AM
So some more DA3:I details

+ Different playable races with different starts like DA:O, Elves, Dwarfs and Humans
+ Mounts for your character to explore the world

Now this of course points to a more open world style.

eldargal
08-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Nice. Hope mounts are implemented better than in Skyrim.

Wildeybeast
08-07-2013, 08:25 AM
I'd be amazed if it was open world, Bioware have never done open world before and I don't see them changing now.

Wolfshade
08-07-2013, 08:30 AM
At E3 they did say that they wanted to do a big pretty open world. Plus they are going to use Frostbite and that can stream large worlds quit efficiently.

Wildeybeast
08-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Well, more power to them if they do. I think it will still be large arenas, but what do I know?

eldargal
08-07-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm expecting semi-open world myself, a few very large areas rather than one big one. I'm fine with that, I'd rather not have an open world at the expense of content.

Wolfshade
08-07-2013, 08:42 AM
No quite true, I was just trying to think how the mounts would work in an arena style world. Afterall you can't ride around a tavern on horseback.

The other way to consider is if it were like fallout 1's car, that is it just sped up the travel time between arenas.

Wildeybeast
08-07-2013, 08:46 AM
It is possible to have open world and plenty of detail. Skyrim has so much going on in the open world and looks gorgeous. Then you just have transitions to the dungeons and big cities so you can have more going on there, that seems like the best way of doing it to me.

Wolfshade
08-07-2013, 08:47 AM
I've recently got skyrim but not really got into it yet

eldargal
08-07-2013, 08:48 AM
It is possible to have open world and plenty of detail. Skyrim has so much going on in the open world and looks gorgeous. Then you just have transitions to the dungeons and big cities so you can have more going on there, that seems like the best way of doing it to me.
But it brings it's own issues in that Skyrim is bloody tiny. A few different areas with different geography and style can give the impression of being in a vast world better than a single open world can, in my opinion, and it is easier to populate in a more unique fashion.

Wildeybeast
08-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Given how long it takes to walk from one side of the map to other, it doesn't really need to be any bigger. Besides, once you explored everywhere once, you just fast travel so the open world becomes rather pointless. I like both styles and have always appreciated the fact that Bioware games are stylistically different to Bethesda's. I wouldn't want to see Bioware jumping on the open world band wagon.

Kirsten
08-07-2013, 10:07 AM
I think Skyrim is a good size personally, though it would be nice to see a little more variety in the dungeons, you visit so many pretty much identicle places.

Wolfshade
08-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Bad news Morrigan won't be a party memeber

“I think it is fair for people to understand that [Morrigan] will not be a party member,” Laidlaw told Game Informer. “That’s going to disappoint some people, but I think it’s important for us to be upfront about that.”

Laidlaw said Morrigan will serve as more than just a plot device, and will have a “human role” in Inquisition’s plot. Laidlaw didn’t elaborate on that point, but it sounds like the witch won’t be relegated the role of a simple narrator.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/08/dragonageinquisition1.jpg

eldargal
08-15-2013, 02:31 AM
I'm fine with that personally. As fantastic as she, and especially Leliana, are I'd quite happily have all new companions personally.

Kirsten
08-15-2013, 02:41 AM
mmm leliana

Psychosplodge
08-15-2013, 02:43 AM
essential to the fffm fourway in the first game...

Wolfshade
08-15-2013, 08:32 AM
essential to the fffm fourway in the first game... forth one Wynn?

eldargal
08-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Isabela, Leliana + PC wasn't it?

forth one Wynn?

I read that as 'for the Wynne'.

Psychosplodge
08-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Isabela, Leliana PC and Zavryn, I just felt short changed there was no achievement.

eldargal
08-15-2013, 08:49 AM
I never included Zavran...

Psychosplodge
08-15-2013, 09:01 AM
him and Isabela have history... plus Alastair is a knob.

Wolfshade
08-15-2013, 09:14 AM
I like Alastair, he is like a puppy.

Kyban
08-15-2013, 09:15 AM

And he and Morrigan have some hilarious dialogues.

Psychosplodge
08-15-2013, 09:36 AM

And as we've already established. I don't like puppies.

Wolfshade
08-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Pre-alpha combat, if my BB fu is up to scratch:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/NqDIKwgmOms

Also Jennifer Helper has left BioWare having been a writer for DA2 & 3.

Also an excuse to include this (which I may have done previously)

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/08/rsz_903843_10151760532834367_1087592576_o.jpg

eldargal
08-19-2013, 04:50 AM
Sad to see her go, especially given how poorly she was treated by the fanbase (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-16-fan-harassed-writer-jennifer-hepler-leaves-bioware) for no good reason. I mean she was being blamed for 'making Shepard gay' when she never worked on the Mass Effect series. But because she was a female developer focused on story and not gameplay a bunch of ****ing filth decided to make her a scapegoat for whatever crap they wanted to whine about.

Psychosplodge
08-19-2013, 04:55 AM
It's a joke, I bet 90% of those same whiney *****es happily watch lesbian porn.

Wolfshade
08-19-2013, 04:59 AM
I think it is important that to note that she left after death threats and not because of death threats, unlike how the metro reported it. Some seem to think that she is responsible for the combat system of DA2, ho-hum. Apparently she has gone off to write a novel instead. So hopefully this isn't the last of her work we shall see.

eldargal
08-19-2013, 05:00 AM
It's also ridiculous when you consider that for Shepard to be gay you have to make him so. The idea that the very possibility of a gay Shepard somehow makes all Shepards gay is absurd. ****ing morons. It was these scumbags that drove away Biowares founders too and then they had the nerve to blame it on EA. EA has its faults but they weren't the ones that threw mountains of filth at them because they didn't get Star Wars Galaxies 2 and a ME3 ending that precisely matched their expectations.

Wolfy, yep, the Metro article was very misleading. To my knowledge she was a story writer and had no impact on the combat system.

Edit: The gameplay video is nice, note that Cassandra and Varric are seen to level up as companions. Cassandra ftw. Also someone called Vivienne.

Wolfshade
08-21-2013, 02:07 AM
I'll drop this link, I would just have dropped the video but work firewall is being even more weird than usual.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/20/dragon-age-inquisition-unveils-world-in-latest-dev-diary/

Psychosplodge
08-21-2013, 02:28 AM
lols
Someone was telling me their work recently blocked tumblr because of the high porn content.
Then they realised they'd been using it to host half the images on the company homepage... :D

Wolfshade
08-21-2013, 02:33 AM
Oh dear, tumblr is blocked also :(

Psychosplodge
08-21-2013, 02:46 AM
But we already knew that?

eldargal
08-21-2013, 03:32 AM
Here is the video, it's quite interesting. Better than the article accompanied it which was basically no new information and a snide remark about DA2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVuotiKzcBI

Wolfshade
08-21-2013, 03:39 AM
Still blocked as it is hosted on youtube :(

eldargal
08-26-2013, 07:59 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/17b98799d9db606c240bdc6f83f23f91/tumblr_mqz4qoTKjm1qg8khso2_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/603145decc005c1a02528440b0b38856/tumblr_mqz4qoTKjm1qg8khso3_500.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/cc7c6d362ca43b5ff38e769fd8b0a306/tumblr_mqz4qoTKjm1qg8khso1_500.jpg

Leliana - Mass Age:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/f6955ee9ddf61601a49a134bb7468528/tumblr_mr82qhfhK71rshl5oo1_1280.jpg

eldargal
08-26-2013, 08:27 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/cee8c8b99f75f42bd2a2532d50e58996/tumblr_mo9bt8ZGGB1sr804ho1_1280.jpg

Aenir
08-26-2013, 12:54 PM
sort of related to the topic, has anyone here played the Dragon Age RPG (Pen and Paper)?

If so, thoughts on how good it meshes with the games? I played the first game, and recently found my old character sheet, so I was wondering

eldargal
08-28-2013, 09:24 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/c0ac60e106aad4850ed337bc25f072c2/tumblr_mrw5jrEZg61rrrleuo1_1280.jpg
DA:I concept art. I'll be in my bunk.

eldargal
08-28-2013, 09:28 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/cefb0b962338ff1b9561b509bfe4d656/tumblr_mrw695T5LT1rrrleuo1_1280.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/0e62ad0cf5b511bc104c0619f824c019/tumblr_mr6hj0qZHn1svgjowo3_500.png
http://31.media.tumblr.com/ba56062e926ea2922098b16dea9ba32f/tumblr_mr6hj0qZHn1svgjowo2_500.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/4995f94036c2d25f60475a9b78349b74/tumblr_mr6hj0qZHn1svgjowo1_500.png
It's funny 'cos when I saw the artwork this is exactly what went through my mind.

eldargal
08-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Information on how characters will be imported into DA:I from DA:O and DA2:

The Dragon Age Keep (http://blog.bioware.com/2013/08/28/the-dragon-age-keep/)

’m excited to announce the Dragon Age Keep. Within the Keep, you’ll be able to customize a Dragon Age historical world state to your exact specifications. How did you modify your Warden and Hawke? Who were your companions? Who did you choose to romance? Who rose to power, and who fell in defeat? What legacy did you leave?

Within the Keep, you’ll be able to customize as much or as little about the world of Thedas as you wish. Then you’ll be able to import your saved world state into DAI at the start of a new game. Have you lost or corrupted your save files? No problem — remake your world state on the Keep, and preserve it for the future. For those folks new to the Dragon Age franchise, the Keep will serve as a great way to understand the people, places, and events that shaped the world leading up to DAI.
I think it sounds brilliant.

Wildeybeast
08-28-2013, 11:05 AM
You mean I don't have to replay through one and two after losing my saves? I'm not sure whether I'm happy or sad about that.

eldargal
08-29-2013, 12:42 AM
You mean I don't have to replay through one and two after losing my saves? I'm not sure whether I'm happy or sad about that.
Yup, though you can anyway of course.:)

Kyban
08-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Hmm, I was hoping to pick up origins for the PC cheap but it's still going for more than DA2...
Might have to stick with my 360 copy. :( Time to start a new play through at any rate.:)

eldargal
09-01-2013, 06:10 AM
So apparently Kossith will be a playable race. Those are the horned Qunari people fyi but as Inquisitor you wouldn't be a follower of the Qun.

Wolfshade
09-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Companions
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/08/DA3-Companions-610x343.jpg

There’ll be a range of companions, and BioWare stressed that this involves a “significant returning cast”. The in-game demonstration confirmed the return of Dragon Age 2′s Varric – the dwarven rogue who narrates the game – and Cassandra Pentaghast, the Chantry Seeker who interrogates that narration out of him. The fourth companion shown was Vivienne, an Orlesian mage who, based on a snippet of in-game dialogue, was once First Enchanter of one of the Circles there.

Combat
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/08/DA3-Combat-610x343.jpg

The impact of spells and melee strikes inherits a lot from Dragon Age 2, but what I saw had a greater sense of weight and impact – there were no arbitrarily exploding torsos, for one thing...partially destructable scenery...programmed tactics will return...content in the game won’t scale with the player’s level

The World

Specifically, bigger than Dragon Age: Origins...There were no loading screens within these zones during the demo I was shown...The broad area that the game will cover includes Ferelden, Orlais, Nevarra and the Free Marches. The map I was shown didn’t extend as far north as Tevinter and Antiva or further south than Ferelden’s Kocari Wilds...Each area has a number of fade tears

Fortresses

It seems like every province will include a fortress or two, and one of your main objectives when you arrive in new territory will be to claim an Inquisition stronghold...[fortresses can be one of three types, player dependent], We were shown designs for a military fortress, an espionage centre, and a merchantile trading hub

Dragons
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/08/DA3-Dragon-610x342.jpg

full details http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/dragon-age-inquisition-preview/

Wolfshade
10-15-2013, 05:15 AM
Gratiutous Morrigan shot:
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/10/morrigan.jpg
Of Romance scenes:
“We certainly could push those romance scenes in any direction we wanted really,” Perry said to Gamezines. “Something that didn’t work well is that we tried more, well I won’t say graphic, but in Dragon Age: Origins we had characters crawling around in their underwear and it looked weird because they were wearing these lacy Victoria Secret panties and outfits which looked out of place.”

“We also want to focus not just on the sex itself, but also that this is the culmination of spending a lot of time with a character and getting to know them, and so we’re giving scenes a mature and tasteful treatment I guess,” Perry said. “We’ll see where it goes for Dragon Age: Inquisition, it’s something that we’re working on right now so we’ll see how these scenes pan out.”

eldargal
10-15-2013, 05:21 AM
Bioware ftw.

Psychosplodge
10-25-2013, 07:21 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/b4xr89.png

Gotthammer
10-31-2013, 10:09 PM
http://youtu.be/4zgsPO48wvw

Wolfshade
11-13-2013, 05:58 AM
thirty minutes of leaked Dragon Age: Inquisition footage, smuggled out from the Finnish Digiexpo 2013. Watch it quickly, before EA's ever-watchful legal dragons swoop down and burn it to a crisp. In it, you'll see combat, dialogue, and a brief glimpse of the less litigious lizards.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/f8xJMWRI-cA?rel=0

eldargal
11-13-2013, 06:35 AM
Pfft, I'll just wait until the game is out.

*starts watching*

Wolfshade
11-13-2013, 07:25 AM
let me know if it is worth it.

eldargal
11-13-2013, 07:41 AM
I think so, looked amazing in my opinion.

My reaction to most of the video:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/39064d8615d0a4e14a1cdc9d0300396f/tumblr_mu9vcmbtoe1qbxi45o2_500.gif

Gotthammer
11-13-2013, 07:54 AM
1 - Lol, Crestwood - it's a suburb near where I live :p

2 - at the very beginning when the camera pans round I was saddened when it turned out the dwarf just had a large handle sticking up behind his head, not a mighty pompadour.

3 - Looks really good :D

eldargal
11-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Australia = Thedas?:p

I thought that too, Varric with a pompadour?! But then the truth dawned.:(

Gotthammer
11-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Shhh, it's meant to be a secret ;)

What is the point of all this customisation if you can't give people ridiculous haircuts! :p

eldargal
01-31-2014, 07:38 AM
Plush mabari and nug:
http://www.biowarestore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/l/plush-da-mabari-side_.jpg
http://www.biowarestore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/l/plush-da-nug-side.jpg
From the Bioware store (http://www.biowarestore.com/accessories/plush.html).

Wolfshade
01-31-2014, 03:07 PM
One of my hounds looks like a mambari warhound.

Learn2Eel
02-01-2014, 04:42 AM
Watching that full video through again, I have to say that as nice as it is - it is a huge visual and technical upgrade over Dragon Age 2 - it is still nowhere near as impressive as the Witcher 3 is in those respects. I wonder how far along that build of the game was though as there was some stuff like rain passing through stuff I noticed. Don't think I'm having a go at Inquisition though, the gameplay footage is incredibly impressive and seems to even have dynamic destruction effects. I just think the Witcher 3 has more "wow factor".

I can't believe we are getting both of them this year though. These two alone will make the early year dearth of games worthwhile.

eldargal
02-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Meh, always felt the Witcher series is overrated. Really problematic depictions of women and no female character option makes for a ****ty RPG as far as I'm concerned. Never really got into the story of the first one either.

Aegwymourn
02-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Meh, always felt the Witcher series is overrated. Really problematic depictions of women and no female character option makes for a ****ty RPG as far as I'm concerned. Never really got into the story of the first one either.

I will admit, the sex cards was totally perplexing. But other than that I think the female characters did well for themselves (and the obvious tie-ins that apparently everything wants some alone time with Geralt). Triss comes across as a pretty badass caster, that obviously thinks very hard about her choices. She isn't above using Geralt to futher her plans even though he is someone she obviously cares about because she thinks it might be the "right" choice.

I have yet to get far into the second to see if it gets better/worse (they did remove the sex cards though!). The gameplay radically changes from 1 -> 2 so I stopped shortly after importing my witcher 1 game. That and the fact that my super ridiculous awesome gear (bother to take the time getting all the best items in one) was barely better than the starting gear. Sigh.

Thank goodness I stuck through that video though for DA3. For the first 10 minutes or so I was really concerned it was going to be an action game like Kingdom of Amalar. Then they zoomed out and I breathed a sigh of relief. I really like my RPGs old school turn basedish (honestly I still think the BG series is one of the best around just played through it again!).

Kirsten
02-01-2014, 12:33 PM

I love both Witcher games, and whilst a female character would be cool, I love Geralt. I am not overly bothered about the female characters you meet either, the card thing is odd but I really think they didn't mean it to come out the way it did. I felt it was a nice piece of art that you saw instead of the sex, and wasn't actually meant to be a collectible card thing at all.

Learn2Eel
02-01-2014, 09:22 PM

The Witcher series has probably the deepest combat system of any of the big-name RPG series at the moment. It is unabashedly adult - something Dragon Age tries but fails to lay claim to - there is absolutely no "good or evil" with an entirely grey world, and some of the choices you make are incredibly disturbing and difficult. Choosing whether to let a friend kill a King at one point (I won't say who) in the Witcher 2 is barely matched by moments like choosing between Ashley and Kaidan in Mass Effect 1, and there are far more of those moments in the Witcher games than in the Dragon Age or Mass Effect games. From a technical stand-point, the Witcher 2 also outclasses other top RPG games aside from maybe Skyrim, at least for when it was released.

As far as the depiction of women, actually, the Witcher 2 does it far better than Bioware does, particularly in the Witcher 2. Triss Merigold, Sile de Tannsarvile, Phillipa Eilhart and Ves alone are some of the most well developed and interesting characters in any RPG. Yes, there are brothels everywhere and there are lots of "scenes", but don't let that fool you. You have to remember, this is a fantasy universe written to depict a history similar to that of the ancient and medieval world where such stuff was commonplace. I don't particularly like that stuff either, but if you ignore it, you get to see that the characters with the biggest effect throughout the game are those ones I mentioned - minus Ves. Letho is the big bad and directly responsible for the main story arc, but the female characters are the ones that do so much.

Triss is strong, independent, kind and you genuinely get the sense she loves Geralt. That she hides so much from Geralt to spare him pain is testament to this.

Sile is also a strong character, one that you can barely even get close to as a damned Witcher. She is legitimately imposing, extremely manipulative and intelligent, and she plays both sides of conflicts secretly with a deft touch.

Phillipa is proud and refuses to be subservient, even in the face of brutal torture. And I don't mean the typical "I didn't want to tell them about you, so they tortured me", I mean she refused to do something as simple as looking a monarch in the eyes. It is moments like these that are so profound; she knows she will get her eyes plucked out (it is sickening to watch by the by) if she doesn't just look at the king, but she still refuses to anyway. It is a reflection of her pride and stubbornness and tells us more about her than anything else. Despite being a woman in a society that mistreats them and laughs at any notion of them having power, she nonetheless flows into the role of leadership when the leader of a certain rebellion is poisoned.

Hell, even the short glimpses we get of Sabrina Glevissig are enough to form a proper character analysis of her. She willingly sacrifices herself to the judgement of mortals by reigning fire from the skies. She alone displays the most incredible feats of destruction in the game, and it wasn't because she was some cackling sorceress either, but out of need. She knew she would be condemned, but that didn't stop her. Her rage at the pain and torture she suffered by the women-hating Henselt gives more than enough reason for the curse, not just because she was dying and thought "he's killing me for what I did, argh, curses!"

Throw in Saskia who, in a world where women are very much seen as the stereotypical "stay at home" people and much worse mostly, is the female leader of a rebellion against an army she knows she cannot best without aid. People flock to her - humans and non-humans alike - because she is a proud leader, even if she isn't really one for speeches. She is an icon of justice suing for peace, she isn't the charismatic speech-giver that most rebellious leaders are. Even though she is something far greater than a mere rebel-leader (I don't want to spoil it just in case) she still lends herself to what most others consider a lost cause because she cannot abide by the injustice.

I've played every Mass Effect and Dragon Age game and, between the constant butt-shots of Miranda, the over-sexualisation of nearly every character in the games (see Ashley in Mass Effect 3) and the one-note romances where it is equivalent to "you did something for me, you pressed option A three times, I love you!" the Witcher instead throws in characters that require an actual grasp of their character for them to really like you.

I'm still a Bioware die-hard to this day and the Mass Effect series will always be my favourite RPG series. But seriously, even despite all that sexy stuff, the Witcher 2 easily had the better female characters IMO.

Oh, and as far as choosing a male or female character is concerned, Geralt is one of the few men in the game that actively detests anyone who impoverishes or otherwise slanders women. Between punching people who disrespect women, allowing men's deaths because of the horrible crimes they've committed against women (that king I spoke of) and actually talking to them normally instead of trying to charm them, I don't really see it as an issue. Even if you side with a non-human killer, Geralt himself still doesn't abide by criminal acts or discrimination against non-humans. He's got a firm moral code and he doesn't back down, even to a king or a sorceress. He's easily one of the best developed main characters in any RPG, something that comes from the Witcher series being based on actual literature. Not being able to choose to, for example, play an elf or a dwarf of your choosing isn't even something I lament, unlike Mass Effect where I was always thinking "huh, I really want to be a Turian or a Krogan" for example. The Witcher universe is a horrible place, and Geralt is one that stands tall in it. He isn't the archetypal "light at the end of the road" for this world, but he nonetheless makes a difference. I'm invested in Geralt's story, especially now that he is the target for the Wild Hunt. I want to see how the story ends. Very few games have me legitimately saying that about their main characters alone.

Learn2Eel
02-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Back on topic though, I refreshed my memory of confirmed Inquisition details and was pleasantly surprised - I've been waiting for new details for this game for ages and thus have forgotten a lot of stuff.
I'm really eager to see that, again, you can choose your race, but you can also be a Qunari! That is going to be so interesting, but also methinks controversial if they don't do it just right. Qunari are basically aliens without a spaceship. They have to have unique dialogue for a Qunari main character in the vast majority of conversations once you look at Qunari in the other two games. Really intrigued to see if the different racial choices are expanded upon even further than they were in Origins.

Sad to see it isn't truly open world though, but each level being unique *cough* Kirkwall *cough* will be ace. Nine playable characters is about the average for a Dragon Age games, so that's good. The levels are massive and mounts (probably just horses) will make that manageable, another great addition. I like the idea of it being like a strategy game where you have to try and "conquer" many locations on the map.

More intrigued now than I was last night....

On the side, I noticed this in a recent article about Inquisition;

Dragon Age 3 looks set to take romance to a whole new level in the game and the actors should be prepared for it.

I'm curious to see what that means. If it is a deep system where instead of just picking the "be nice" option, you have to actually get a grasp of the character to determine the right dialogue options, that would be much better. If it just means they have full "scenes" like the Witcher 2 then I will shake my head and laugh in disappointment. I don't play games for that sh*t. Moments like Tali and Shepard singing, not moments like....you get the picture.

eldargal
02-02-2014, 02:43 AM
Throw in Saskia who, in a world where women are very much seen as the stereotypical "stay at home" people and much worse mostly,
See, that's one thing I really don't care for though. Another setting where the situation of women is just copying from what happened in the real world is just tedious and so, so overdone. Dragon Age at least moves away from that with a female dominated Chantry, common female rules and so forth. I know I'm cherry picking a small thing out of your post but it's something that bugs me a lot with medieval fantasy settings. Blandly copying the misogyny of the past and then throwing in a few exceptions to the rule really just isn't satisfactory anymore as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not saying Witcher is a bad series or anything, I'm just so over being forced to play a male when 90% of games do that and as I said above I have some issues with the world as well. Plus I never really got into it.

Learn2Eel
02-02-2014, 06:16 AM
See, that's one thing I really don't care for though. Another setting where the situation of women is just copying from what happened in the real world is just tedious and so, so overdone. Dragon Age at least moves away from that with a female dominated Chantry, common female rules and so forth. I know I'm cherry picking a small thing out of your post but it's something that bugs me a lot with medieval fantasy settings. Blandly copying the misogyny of the past and then throwing in a few exceptions to the rule really just isn't satisfactory anymore as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not saying Witcher is a bad series or anything, I'm just so over being forced to play a male when 90% of games do that and as I said above I have some issues with the world as well. Plus I never really got into it.

Fair enough, but I will say that the Witcher 2 at the very least did still have IMO the more fleshed out and moving female characters than any Bioware game I can recall playing. That they are the way they are - particularly in Sile's case, for example - in a world that is so harsh on women speaks volumes about their strength of character.

angrybear
02-09-2014, 08:11 AM
I am really excited for dragonage 3. I loved the first one and the second one was alright. The second was a bit to blank, and forced to be a human didn't help either. I hope they return to the more dark story of the first one. Gameplay wise dragonage 3 really seems to have a good mix between 1 and 2. Can't wait to play a dwarf commander:D.

eldargal
02-09-2014, 08:15 AM
I'm looking forward to female Qunari personally, though I'm hoping she doesn't have to be a follower of the Qun given she is working for the Chantry.><
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130902021111/dragonage/images/e/e3/Qunari_DA2.png

Kirsten
02-09-2014, 12:50 PM
I like her outfit

Wolfshade
02-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Urgh the chantry irritate me.

Learn2Eel
02-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Very cool, being able to play as a female Qunari in particular will be very interesting. This is of course, for those who don't know, the first female Qunari we have seen in the series.

eldargal
02-22-2014, 06:19 AM
https://24.media.tumblr.com/1ac541ad68cf90058199498208f77d49/tumblr_n1c4aysMzV1t5a6hto1_500.png
https://24.media.tumblr.com/26d7d633f72312f329a227fc84d6c4d3/tumblr_n1c4aysMzV1t5a6hto2_500.png
https://31.media.tumblr.com/6da3b3483409de5a8e74921ebed09f24/tumblr_n1c4aysMzV1t5a6hto3_500.png

Psychosplodge
02-24-2014, 05:25 AM
A beardless dwarf? Really?

Gotthammer
02-24-2014, 05:39 AM
Fenris: I thought all dwarves had beards. Where's yours?
Varric: I misplaced it, along with my sense of dwarven pride and my gold-plated noble caste pin.
Fenris: I thought maybe it fell onto your chest.
Varric: Oh-ho! The broody elf tells a joke!
Fenris: I don't brood.
Varric: Friend, if your brooding were any more impressive, women would swoon as you passed. They'd have broody babies in your honor.
Fenris: You're a very odd dwarf.
Varric: And you thought I was joking about the pin.

He also makes a crack about it when someone disbelieves his recounting of the events of DAII :p

eldargal
03-07-2014, 06:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuR1Fn_b48
<3

Wildeybeast
03-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Ooh, exciting.

Wolfshade
03-10-2014, 05:30 AM
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-1-610x343.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-2-610x343.jpg

eldargal
03-10-2014, 05:37 AM
Vivienne, the mage companion from DAI has got a creation kit released (http://blog.bioware.com/2014/03/07/character-kit-3-vivienne/):
http://static.cdn.ea.com/blog.bioware.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Vivienne_front.jpg

scadugenga
03-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Now all this is starting to give me hope they're going to make DA3 something worth playing, unlike DA2.

The depth of potential in this world is almost staggering. Forget GoT, give me a show about DA...

Wolfshade
03-24-2014, 06:47 AM
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/DA1.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/DA2.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/DA3.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/DA4.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/DA5.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/DA6.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/DA7.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/DA8.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/DA9.jpg
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/03/DA10.jpg

eldargal
03-24-2014, 06:50 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d7dbfceb10d26c627007ea292d5e4f5f/tumblr_mtnw36Hvig1qdaaw6o1_500.gif

Gotthammer
03-28-2014, 06:45 AM
1) There will be 5 regions in Dragon Age: Inquisition: Fereldan, The Free Marches, Orlais, Nevarra and the Dales:

- 2 of the areas you can expect to visit are; a war-torn region in Orlais and an elven burial ground, known as the Emerald Graves.

- The Emerald Graves, according to executive producer Mark Darrah, is where the Dalish Elves planted one tree for every soldier killed in the Exalted Marches.

- According to the magazine, while enemy levels don't scale to your characters, you can affect environmental changes to drastically influence local settlements, establish trade routes, capture territory and disrupt the local ecosystem.

- Wild flora and fauna, useful for crafting can be hunted to scarcity, allowing other species to proliferate.
Defeating intelligent enemies like bandits or dragons will have a significant effect on a given region.

2) Dragon Age Inquisition Companions:

- There will be no DLC Companions: According to Creative Director Mike Laidlaw: "Because of how deeply enmeshed in the system companion characters are, we can't just add them on the fly; part of them has to be shipped on the disc...which was led to criticism that we're forcing people to pay for content they already own. It's not the case, but we've decided this time to not go that route. There will be no DLC party members."

- Solas is an apostate and an expert on the Fade.

- The Iron Bull is confirmed as a companion, who is described as "a one-eyed mercenary and outcast from the Qunari faith"

- Sera is confirmed as a companion, and is described as "an elven archer. Little is known about them [referring to both Sera and the Iron Bull] at this point, particularly Sera, who turned up seemingly on accident during one of several combat demonstrations..."

3) The Dialogue Wheel:

- "We have three wheels that we use in response to any given piece of dialogue" says Gaider. "One of those is what we call the 'tone wheel', which is mostly for role-playing choices. The other two are the 'choice wheel'- for taking an action or stating an opinion-and the 'reaction wheel,' for emotional moments"

4) The Inquisitor:

- There will be 4 voices for the Inquisitor 2 for each gender, for all races

- To address why the same voices apply to all races, Mike Laidlaw made the following statement: "It's a matter of file size...if we were to have eight voices, two for each race, we would be shipping on 14 discs or something. We figured that with four voices, that would give players enough options while staying within our size limitations"

- BioWare is currently exploring options to differentiate the voices, like changing the pitch of the audio.

- The Prologue Section (or the "Origin" section" will be the same for all players. The player's appearance, class and dialogue responses during the prologue section will fill in the details, presumably of the Inquisitor's background, and in particular inform how other characters respond to you throughout the story.

- The Inquisitor is the sole survivor of a reality-shattering event which results in the Fade tearing opening throughout Thedas.

- "Presumbly as a result [of the Fade tearing open throughout Thedas], you're also endowed with a singular ability: you can close these rifts wherever they appear throughout the continent."

5) Customization:

- Armour weights are no longer class specific. Meaning a rogue can wear a mage's robes, and a mage can wear a warrior's armour. The magazine speculates the penalties will be similar to the fatigue penalties used in DA: Origins

And most importantly:

7) - There will be a jar of bees, which can be used as a combat item which according to Bioware: "You throw it, the jar breaks open, and little bees fly around stinging your opponents."

http://31.media.tumblr.com/e78d672a78e0872bb967bee3cef90345/tumblr_mhz98iMji71rou9fto1_400.gif

https://31.media.tumblr.com/6d8cd971c9496af0887fa272680a8589/tumblr_inline_n33mubt1Mh1rqe9e5.gif

eldargal
03-28-2014, 07:11 AM
such excite, very anticipation. so want it yesterday. wow.

Wolfshade
03-28-2014, 07:14 AM
So need to finish DA:O....

Gotthammer
03-28-2014, 07:18 AM
And apparently there are forty distinct endings... that's a lot of colours to chose from :p

eldargal
03-28-2014, 07:25 AM
And apparently there are forty distinct endings... that's a lot of colours to chose from :p

Lol yes, hopefully they will actually be distinct, I mean they ought to have learnt from ME3.:p Plus they have had a lot of development time.

Gotthammer
03-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Yup, now they've added yellow ;)

eldargal
03-28-2014, 08:10 AM
'Puce ending sucks, y u so lazy BW!'

'Lilac ending is so obviously the Inquisitor suffering from Lyrium sickness, it's all just an hallucination!'

Gotthammer
03-28-2014, 08:12 AM
Obviously there is only one true ending...

Aubergine

;)

eldargal
03-28-2014, 08:25 AM
It is certainly the sexiest ending.;)

Gotthammer
03-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Nobody ever picks cherry tomato red though :(

eldargal
03-28-2014, 08:42 AM
Or gherkin green.:(

Gotthammer
03-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Ugly, ugly gherkin...

eldargal
04-22-2014, 12:12 AM
Dragon age Inquisition gender neutral box art:
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1179/11799911/2509813-daiart.jpg

Wolfshade
04-22-2014, 01:38 AM
Surely as we can't see flesh it must be a male :)

But it is good to see that you can do this sort of thing.

But more importantly, yay even closer to DA:I

eldargal
04-22-2014, 02:36 AM
Actually when I first saw it I thought it was female. This is why I love Bioware, they are far from perfect but they know it, acknowledge it and are always trying to do better.

Wolfshade
04-22-2014, 02:43 AM
Reminded me of a Bon Jovi Concert, Jon always strikes a similiar pose, back to the audience one arm raised, though rather than a two handed sword it would be either a mic stand or a guitar...

eldargal
04-22-2014, 10:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2h4qUNJ60
http://media.giphy.com/media/fYrpuO9GTIT0k/giphy.gif