PDA

View Full Version : Battle Fortress: BETA testers needed for a new tabletop wargame, WW2 to Sci fi era

Cowm
10-10-2012, 05:55 AM
To Bell of Lost Souls members,

A veteran team of table top war gamers have been developing a new war game which attempts to link RTS style unit creation with tabletop wargaming, but without the use of dice; I know it sounds a bit odd at first, but we hoped that children, and first time players would prefer to play a game with a more simple and less complex rule set without impacting on unit variation; this would mean a game would not take so long to play, an area where children’s attention span can waver; and that the rules would not restrict our audience too much.

After showing my idea to a team of fellow war gamers at my local hobby store in Somerton, we put together a more polished and refined game; it became copy written as Battle Fortress.

Veteran war gamers who have played this game, did not prefer it to a dice based gaming systems, but found it a ‘”breath of fresh air” to throwing dice, and enjoyed not having a well planned strategy spoiled by a dice roll of 1!
Armed with a laptop, we created a facebook account, and started an advertising campaign to find 100+ war gamers that would like to test our game as to avoid any mistakes in our final rules that our team may have missed i.e. over powered or under powered unit.

With this in mind, I am writing to you to ask whether members would like to gain an advance copy of the BETA rules, to see whether this game is worth taking further, and if any urgent changes need to be made.
We are currently in discussion with Airfix, who may be interested in joining this gaming system.
In the future, Battle Fortress would like to produce many new books, showcasing new ‘races’, scenarios, missions, campaigns and help to organise new tournaments around the world, to further its appeal to all war gamers, beginners or veterans.

Thank you for taking the time to read this article.

For more information please see:
http:// www.battle-fortress.com

or visit us on:

http://www.facebook.com/thebattlefortress?ref=hl

If you wish to contact us directly, please email us on:
[email protected]