PDA

View Full Version : Well That's a bit of Kick in the Pants, Soda Pop Miniatures

wittdooley
10-10-2012, 12:01 PM
So, before I complain, I'm going to get off my chest that I really like Soda Pop Miniatures as a whole, I think John and Deke are both great dudes. I really like Relic Knights and have Kickstarted it (I was even, coincidentally, the first Kickstarter) as well as already owning multiple metal models from the line. But my wife and I really love Super Dungeon Explore. So much so that we gave our first copy to a family that games with their kids that has to stretch their dollar in order to do so.

We gave them the first box I purchased so that they wouldn't have to assemble the minis. So, with that having happened, I needed a new one. It arrived from the order and, much like my first box, I couldn't get the dragon on his stone roost. The model is darn near impossible to get on there even when you heat the plastic, and this time, I was unable to do so. Bear in mind I'm a pretty experienced modeler, so this is no easy feat.

I emailed Soda Pop about it, offered to send mine back if they'd send me one that will actually fit on the roost. There have been a ton of threads on both places like Dakka and Soda Pop's own forums regarding how hard the dragon is to assemble, so I figured they'd be used to it. Again, I was willing to send mine back if I could just get one back that would actually assemble. Here's what I wrote:

My wife recently purchased for me a copy of Super Dungeon Explor. For the most part everything is aces, but I can't for the life of me assemble the large dragon. I've looked at some of the forums regarding this problem and I still can't get him correctly attached to the base. I've tried heating him up and it still doesn't seem to fit. I also read that some of the new sets contained a pre constructed dragon. Is it possible for me to get one of those instead of the one I presently have so I can have a functional dragon? Thānks!

and here was the response:

For $15.00, including shipping, we can supply you with an assembled dragon. You can send the payment to [email protected] , just let me know when you send the payment and send me your address as well .

Before I start to complain, I wanted to run it by you. Is my request unreasonable? Am I right to be a bit disappointed by the response?

lattd
10-10-2012, 01:31 PM
You should say that I am unwilling to spend $15 to buy a model i have already brought and which is not fit for purpose.

terrainguy
10-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi wittdooley,

Currently no components in the main box game for Super Dungeon Explore come preassembled. Our new expansion, Caverns of Roxor, does come preassembled.

Our publishers Cool Mini or Not handle all replacement parts for defective items.

Our policy is not to charge for replacement of any defective parts.

However, we have had people ask for assembled models from the base set. It has been Cool Mini or Not's policy to charge a fee for the extra service of assembling a model that does not come preassembled.

Can you drop me a line at [email protected] and I'll get everything all sorted for you.

Thanks,
Deke

wittdooley
10-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Thanks deke. John already emailed me back. Let me clarify a few things:

1. The response I received was from Coolminiornot, not Soda Pop. I was still a bit surprised because I've never had a poor service experience with either.

2. I did not realize that the $15.00 was I cover a pre assembled dragon. Apparently this is the case. I don't need mine assembled, merely one that will allow assembly to happen. This is a misunderstand I believe.

I think this is going to be resolved well, so we can probably call it a day. Merely wanted to reach out to my BoLS friends for their opinions. Thanks again, all!!!

Toyz n the Hood
12-21-2012, 03:36 AM
I've been impressed with Sodapop's direct customer service myself. My Tentacle Bento Kickstarter pledge went missing in the post and they sent me a replacement. There was a bit of a wait to see if the post would turn up (I think you have to allow 20 odd working days) but throughout they kept in contact.

And as with al their stuff totally worth the wait :)