PDA

View Full Version : Heroclix anyone?

Brian1988
10-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had played heroclix or actively plays it. I just dug out my old pieces out
of storage and was thinking about starting it back up again.

twomas_rox
10-08-2009, 10:18 AM
I have plenty of pieces stored in my closet. I used to play this alot with my girlfriend and brother. Somehow it seemed to lose its interest and got stored away....

I am not sure on what to do with them. Either sell them or try to spark the interest again. It is a fun game, i just wish there was more people that enjoyed playing it in my area.

energongoodie
10-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I LOVE this game. It seems to get a hard time but it is a very tactical game ( as anything with a board is) but people did not seem to be able to get past the comic characters. I used to play at my local comic shop every wednesday night. It was great. I think when they tried to release a whole new starter set with difeerent rules it all went wrong. Half the people were playing the old rules and then the other half were playing the new and it was game over.
I miss playing it. You could pull off some great strategic plays if you were thinking far enough ahead. It was a tactical challenge in the same vein as bloodbowl but with more options, or how Space Hulk wishes it could be. I think Wizkids has gone bust now. Shame.

Mike X
09-23-2010, 10:33 PM
My questions about HeroClix:

Can the universes crossover? Like can you play HorrorClix against HeroClix? Or the DC figures versus the Marvel figures?

Is the mechanics/system actually any good? It looks like a cross between D&D Miniatures and Battletech.

How long does a usual game last?

Is it for two people, or 2+ people?

How do the factions work? Can Spider-Man team up with... say, Magneto? Or Batman with the Joker?

energongoodie
09-24-2010, 02:00 AM
My questions about HeroClix:

Can the universes crossover? Like can you play HorrorClix against HeroClix? Or the DC figures versus the Marvel figures?

Is the mechanics/system actually any good? It looks like a cross between D&D Miniatures and Battletech.

How long does a usual game last?

Is it for two people, or 2+ people?

How do the factions work? Can Spider-Man team up with... say, Magneto? Or Batman with the Joker?

Yep, all the factions can intermingle. They all have a move, attack, defense and damage stat, with various special abilities that are shared across all the factions. I think the earliest sets might have trouble with the new sets. They changed the game a couple of times meaning the points of some figures seem a little steep now relative to their stats.

I have always enjoyed the game mechanic. With so many figures, with so many powers and effects you can really make up different teams to have different types of games. As it uses a board with squares your movement must really be thought about. You can pick ranged experts, close combat monsters or characters that are a bit of both. Also characters abilities can change as they take damage. Hulk gets stronger as he gets madder, batman gets better in close combat as he gets desperate.

Game time is dictated by points, same as anything. I used to play a lot of 200 point games, 1 on 1 with maybe 4-5 guys each and games would last about 30-45 minutes if we played properly.
Quite often we would have 4 guys to a board and do teams or all on all for a bloodbath.

I really miss playing that game but when my comic shop stopped it I had no- one to play with :(
I'd love to find a gaming group who played it.

Squidgy
05-23-2011, 02:18 AM
I play Heroclix with a few other guys every thursday, the game is still going strong !
So if your anywhere near Essex we're always looking for new players.

energongoodie
05-23-2011, 03:28 AM
I play Heroclix with a few other guys every thursday, the game is still going strong !
So if your anywhere near Essex we're always looking for new players.

Hi
Thanks for that. I'm down in Sutton which is a bit of a trek to Essex. But I am getting desperate to play so you never now.

Squidgy
05-24-2011, 03:25 PM
We're a friendly bunch so any time your in Essex pop over !

Gorgar
03-07-2012, 04:35 AM
I've still got my first edition stuff from Heroclix and was thinking of giving the kids a game with it.

I didn't mind the game itself, but the minitures were a bit lame.

I've even got a big red dragon, can't remember what it's called. I was nearly going to pull it's wings of for a Demon Prince conversion but I'm glad I didn't.