PDA

View Full Version : Troll Forged Kickstarter - Assimilation Alien Host

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Go support my main man Ed with his kickstarter : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/131182444/assimilation-alien-host

Personally loving the designs on the page, very reminiscent of Carpenters The Thing, which is my favourite film ever. they look far more grittier and disgusting than other similar stuff IMO.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Temptinnnnng

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Since he's the guy that is casting all my miniatures AND film props...technically, helping him - helps me albeit indirectly XD nudgenudgewinkwink

Allthough knowing Ed, he -will- make these good deals and pile on the freebies....

DarkDesigner
10-16-2012, 02:47 PM
These are disgusting - I love it! They really capture the feel of this alien race he is creating, I love the metamorphosis and body horror of the hosts into grub worms. One thing I'm a little sketchy on though is whether the models are plastic or metal?

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-16-2012, 04:04 PM
These are disgusting - I love it! They really capture the feel of this alien race he is creating, I love the metamorphosis and body horror of the hosts into grub worms. One thing I'm a little sketchy on though is whether the models are plastic or metal?

Trollcast, the material he uses for mass production is his own spincast plastic system he's developed. Many of us little guys are using him to produce our miniatures lately - Red Box, Defiance games and others (such as nobodies like me :P). He does mention some limited edition garage kits as well though - and I believe these are resin. If it's the same resin he used for my master model recasts it is very high quality too.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Since he's the guy that is casting all my miniatures AND film props...technically, helping him - helps me albeit indirectly XD nudgenudgewinkwink

Allthough knowing Ed, he -will- make these good deals and pile on the freebies....I'd thought that I'd exhausted my minis-budget for a while on Dark Vengeance, but it would be remiss of me to not encourage these freaky lil' aliens... :P

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-22-2012, 05:09 AM
Been a ton of updates and so far it's made well over half of it's goal already! At the time of posting this :

$5,235
pledged of $7,500 goal

nice!

Ed's posted pics of the fisrt new Worm grub sculpt to show progress is already being made :
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/220/600/676b3a4393eb6be62e73192a4590b7e9_large.JPG

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-27-2012, 02:41 AM
And it's made it! as of time of posting it is $7,638 pledged of $7,500 goal! nice! and with 18 days to go too..let's hope it can break a few of the stretch goals in that time too ^_^

Asymmetrical Xeno
11-14-2012, 10:49 AM
In it's last 7 hours now and it's just made it to the 40k stretch goal! the last stretch goal is 42k... I think it has a fair chance of making that too!

Well done Ed :D