PDA

View Full Version : Is Warhammer Balanced? Study says no

Kefka
10-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Found this article, though it doesn't go too in-depth into the game, it does shed some obvious light on a subject GW should take a look at (or maybe they already know.)

http://confoundingblog.wordpress.com/2009/02/26/is-warhammer-balanced/

Comments? Ideas? It'sn ot a "full investigation" but still interesting.

L192837465
10-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Really? You started a thread on one of the most obvious things in Warhammer. When was the last time you heard O&G win a major tournament?

Pft.

Lord Azaghul
10-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Really? You started a thread on one of the most obvious things in Warhammer. When was the last time you heard O&G win a major tournament?

Pft.

Be nice - he's just making converasation!

But your point is valid - the study did remind of many a pointless or obvious news story!

It does however support the reasoning for 8th ed being leased earlier then it should have been.

doublek666
11-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Obviously WHFB has taken a backseat, since it's last edition. Demons and Vampire Counts has re-injected some interested. I have a hard time with having to buy another rule book, or starter set for this game! I have not played much orf 7th, and haven't worked on WHFB projects for a few years. Since I have enough models for 5 sizable armies, I know I'll jump back in probably sooner than later!

Dosadi
11-02-2009, 03:04 PM
It does however support the reasoning for 8th ed being leased earlier then it should have been.

Actually, when the seventh edition box set was released I was told that GW was moving to a 4 year cycle for both 40k and fantasy. This jives with 40k fifth edition’s release; so WHFB eighth edition is right on time.

Dosadi

Aldramelech
11-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Surprised there weren't more IG players.....

S0ULDU5T
11-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I posted something like this in another thread, but I'll stand up against everyone here and say that i believe Warhammer Fantasy is a fair and balanced game. I've never had a list that was unbeatable and never fought an opponent that i couldn't destroy. I've played for years with almost every single army. I don't think bringing old armies up to the current 7th edition ruleset and philosphy should be considered power creep and firmly believe the lizardman army book (as the most recent so far) was extremly balanced and was really well rounded.

Now let the flaming begin.