PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't BoLs cover more Infinity?

Levitas
10-19-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm wondering why BoLs doesnt cover more of this excellent game, yet has smaller games on it's homepage. Beasts of War covers it, Warstore sells it and Battlefoam sponsors their official podcast (0-12). BoLs is very late to a good party.

Infinity is in my opinion the best skirmish game out there today, and is supported properly by its creators (pay attention GW). Gorgeous models, balanced system, super cheap to get into and true online support with free rules. Plus one of the best communities out there for new players.

ElectricPaladin
10-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Hey, Levitas. Haven't I seen you on the Infinity forums?

Honestly, it's because Infinity isn't a very popular game yet. If you post about it, though, I'll post too.

Levitas
10-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Hey, Levitas. Haven't I seen you on the Infinity forums?

Honestly, it's because Infinity isn't a very popular game yet. If you post about it, though, I'll post too.

Indeed sir! Nomad players get around from place to place :)

Hopefully BoLs will do more coverage as the game grows and word gets around!

BobbaFett
10-30-2012, 07:50 AM
it's because Infinity isn't a very popular game yet.

I certainly disagree with this.
The popularity of this range is growing, and has been growing during all these years. I mean... I saw their stand in GenCon and there was lots of people there.
I've been following this game for a while, and I remember when only a few wargamers knew about it.

Corvus Belli was a really small company a few years ago... a spanish company... for all these years I've been witnessing their growth.
Infinity is working, people is enjoying this game, and the miniatures... well, every month better and better.

They are making their own place in the wargaming industry, and thats is incredible in this 40K fanatic industry.

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 07:57 AM
Write something for the front page. There must be some submission rules somewhere, Considering someones tantrum about fluff made it the other day you should be able to manage something.
Encourage support to find you.
The more people that play it that come looking need something there to find to get excited about.

Kaptajn Congoboy
12-18-2012, 03:34 AM
Slight necro, but I did get the Reverend Custodier nominated to best metal-resin model of 2011....she almost beat that ugly tin can the Contemptor :)

Toyz n the Hood
12-27-2012, 06:08 AM
Write something for the front page. There must be some submission rules somewhere,

I'd definitely try this - I've found Larry/Big Red to be really approachable, send him an infinity article and see what he thinks.

Levitas
12-28-2012, 05:02 PM
I'd definitely try this - I've found Larry/Big Red to be really approachable, send him an infinity article and see what he thinks.

Well, i've dropped them an email, so hoping we see more. While i myself am not a great writer i know of a few people who could write cool articles covering the game.

Goochman
01-13-2013, 12:48 AM
I certainly disagree with this.
The popularity of this range is growing, and has been growing during all these years. I mean... I saw their stand in GenCon and there was lots of people there.
I've been following this game for a while, and I remember when only a few wargamers knew about it.

Corvus Belli was a really small company a few years ago... a spanish company... for all these years I've been witnessing their growth.
Infinity is working, people is enjoying this game, and the miniatures... well, every month better and better.

They are making their own place in the wargaming industry, and thats is incredible in this 40K fanatic industry.

Indeed sir! Nomad players get around from place to place :)

Hopefully BoLs will do more coverage as the game grows and word gets around!

Well, i've dropped them an email, so hoping we see more. While i myself am not a great writer i know of a few people who could write cool articles covering the game.

I'm new to Infinity, I've see Levitas promoting the game and many more, the question is why BoLs not giving the proper promotion ? Is it because they are attached to GW?
I'm a fanatic of 40k until I saw the light. Infinity is an awesome game that the rules are the best ones very well balanced and the cheese is kept to a very minimum.
I have met and talked to the creators of Infinity and they are the most down to earth people I have met in my life. They are very conscious on how their customers are reacting every time the game evolves.
The fluff is unique , the figures are just a work of art and if u still don't know if u want to jump on the wagon, check their site: www.infinitythegame.com and download the rules (for free!)
Well that's my 5 cents.
Levitas, see u on the flipside

Brother G

Levitas
01-19-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm new to Infinity, I've see Levitas promoting the game and many more, the question is why BoLs not giving the proper promotion ? Is it because they are attached to GW?
I'm a fanatic of 40k until I saw the light. Infinity is an awesome game that the rules are the best ones very well balanced and the cheese is kept to a very minimum.
I have met and talked to the creators of Infinity and they are the most down to earth people I have met in my life. They are very conscious on how their customers are reacting every time the game evolves.
The fluff is unique , the figures are just a work of art and if u still don't know if u want to jump on the wagon, check their site: www.infinitythegame.com and download the rules (for free!)
Well that's my 5 cents.
Levitas, see u on the flipside

Brother G

Hey Brother G :cool:

BoLs will be covering more Infinity for sure. I count 4 writers so far including myself, and we all have articles in the pipeline. So keep an eye out!

Thanks for supporting the game and Infinity community man!

BobbaFett
01-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Infinity subforum in BOLS.
:) :) :)
Congratulations, Levitas.

ElectricPaladin
01-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Infinity subforum in BOLS.
:) :) :)
Congratulations, Levitas.

You have succeeded where I failed. I am so proud.

Levitas
01-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Yay! Our own home from home. No feet or combi rifles on the sofa... ;)

Group effort to get the ball rolling, cheers guys.

kidterminal
02-01-2013, 11:24 AM
See I knew you where the instigator of this sub forum. As an instigator of an Infinity forum I can tell these things.:p

Levitas
02-02-2013, 09:00 AM
See I knew you where the instigator of this sub forum. As an instigator of an Infinity forum I can tell these things.:p

Ha ha, guilty I guess....:D But I definitely wasn't the only one or the first!

ElectricPaladin
02-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Yay! Our own home from home. No feet or combi rifles on the sofa... ;)

So, it's ok if I leave my spitfire here? Thanks!

kidterminal
02-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah but bring your own lock. There's Nomands about.

Alex001
04-14-2013, 04:49 AM
Indeed, this is a bold claim, albeit cursed to forever remain unproven and unprovable.

marrked
05-25-2013, 07:23 AM
I think the exact reason of this is the only one that the Infinity isn't a very popular game yet.It will take some time to attain a reasonable market share.

patent lawyers for intellectual property rights (http://ip-gateway.com.au/)

AdamHarry
06-09-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm wondering why BoLs doesnt cover more of this excellent game, yet has smaller games on it's homepage. Beasts of War covers it, Warstore sells it and Battlefoam sponsors their official podcast (0-12). BoLs is very late to a good party.

Infinity is in my opinion the best skirmish game out there today, and is supported properly by its creators (pay attention GW). Gorgeous models, balanced system, super cheap to get into and true online support with free rules. Plus one of the best communities out there for new players.

Infinity coverage will be picking up here at BoLS. We had a couple of issues we were working out and once those get sorted there will be stuff up about this game. After WarGamesCon2013, I think a lot of the BoLS crew here in Austin is going to be goofing around with Infinity. That means we'll have more terrain, painted minis, players and factions covered - which leads to Battle Reports as well -- now I just gotta figure out how we can do a fun format and keep it under ~10 minutes of footage.

Rusty Chainsword
07-23-2013, 02:39 AM
Will anybody from BoLS be covering Infinity at GenCon this year? I see that home page coverage has increased, which is nice. Those and Outside the Box articles are what keep me visiting.

Whoo-hoo, my first post after nearly 4 years of silence.

Levitas
08-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Will anybody from BoLS be covering Infinity at GenCon this year? I see that home page coverage has increased, which is nice. Those and Outside the Box articles are what keep me visiting.

Whoo-hoo, my first post after nearly 4 years of silence.

I'd love to but alas cannot. But I have a friend going.

More articles are on the way too!

Rusty Chainsword
08-13-2013, 11:42 PM
More articles would be nice. It would also be nice if we had an Infinity lounge, instead of the Infinify lounge. Just saying'.

GenCon will have a nice Infinity presence this year or so I saw while lurking on that forum, so I wondered about the coverage from BoLs.