PDA

View Full Version : Ork mech list

mercer
10-08-2009, 05:51 AM
A new list I come up with :thumbsup:

Warboss power klaw, attack squig, combi skorcha, boss pole, cybork body & eavy armour 125
Big Mek power klaw, kustom force field & boss pole 115

7 x Nobz + Painboy w/ Battlewagon 2 x big choppas, 1 x power klaw, 2 x combi skorchas, 1 x waaagh! banner, cybork bodies & eavy armour - battlewagon w/ boarding plank & big shoota 400
15 x Lootas 225

12 x Boyz w/ trukk 1 x big shoota - Nob w/ power klaw & boss pole 152
12 x Boyz w/ trukk 1 x big shoota - Nob w/ power klaw & boss pole 152
20 x Boyz 2 x big shootas - Nob w/ power klaw & boss pole 170
20 x Boyz 2 x rokkits - nob w/ power klaw & boss pole 180

1 x Battlewagon ard case & big shoota 110
1 x Battlewagon big shoota & boarding plank 110
1 x Battlewagon big shoota & boarding plank 100

Boss goes with nobz and wrecks stuff, not sure if that unit is over kill having 8 then plus the boss, but ap4 loves nobz and only thing I could drop would be choppas & skorchas.

Mek goes with the huge loota mob and the ard case battlewagon they all load in, no open topped bonus any more ;) after all its just a firing bunker so its not needed.

I don't like trukks, really. I think they are weak and over priced. A warbuggy is less points and is exactly the same minus transport. Anyway, to have a ork mech list you haven't got much choice. So I've thrown two units in trukks. If I can place them right I can at least give one cover. Shame they don't come with smoke launchers or some kind of cover :( . The other two boyz take the battlewagons, use the boarding planks to get out and break stuff and stay all wrapped up in metal.

I have 160 points left and I'm not sure what to take. I've thought about a unit of 10 lootas, but they will be in the open and even if I use the meks kff they will only get a 5+ cover save - whoopy! I did think some warbuggies maybe upgraded with rokkits. I might add some rokkits onto the two trukks, only cost 5 points over the 10 points for a ork.

Confuddled
10-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Heh.

I'd actually trade the Warboss, the Nobs and the Nobs' battlewagon in for:

1) 2 Warbosses on bikes (klaws, attack squigs, cybork bodies, boss poles)
2) 5 Nob bikers (2 klaws, 2 big choppas, 1 Waagh banner, 1 boss pole, Painboy, cybork bodies)

Last 150-odd points or so? Bring along a couple of buzzsaw-armed deffkoptas and spend the rest of the points on rokkits and the like.

KFFs are nice, but they force you to stay all clustered up together - not a good thing. Doesn't help that:
a) If a shot goes through, you're in trouble anyway.
b) 50% is nice, but not exactly all THAT reliable.
c) Most important of all, the KFF doesn't help you go any faster.

With a pair of Warbosses in a smallish unit of Nob Bikers, on the other hand:
1) You can ram them down the other guy's throat that much faster.
2) Tank shock aside, Nob Bikers are going to draw the same sort of fire that the other guy would need to kill tanks.
3) With 2 Warbosses, you can take soak up to 4 S8/S9 wounds before the bikers start taking wounds.
4) With 2 Warbosses, you can split up fairly easily to engage multiple targets OR stay concentrated as the situation demands - no need to worry about overkill here.

Ditto for the deffloptas:
1) Great if you get the first turn, since you've got 3 S7 attacks on vehicles before they get a chance to move. Sure, he can attempt to throw up meatshields, but that's not always an option.

Granted, you probably won't destroy a tank outright (S7 isn't that reliable) but even shaking it can be a help.

Also very useful for engaging stationary infantry with heavy weapons (assuming anyone still uses them!)

And if you can convince the other guy to keep his vehicles in reserve, well, so much the better, since it buys more time for your own wagons to move up.

2) Even if you don't get the first turn, the koptas are cheap enough that you can send them out to draw fire. And its not as if you have to send them into rapid-fire range either - not with an 18" charge.

Best part is, both the koptas and the bikes have the speed to give you a reasonable shot at countering an opponent who tries to split his deployment into 2 seperate firebases - imho, one of the hardest deployments for a mechanised Ork army to deal with.

mercer
10-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Nah I'm not trading in my HQ's and nob squad for a high priced low size unit.

Ah, the KFF gives the lootas in the battlewagon a cover save. Gives the lootas a second line of defence, works wonders as they are a high prority target and highly annoying. Nothing else is clustered around. Also, why do I want to go faster when you can't shoot heavy weapons from a moving vehicle?

S7 on the rear isn't reliable? Your scoring damage on a 3+ can at least glance it.

mercer
10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
A updated list after some balls ups on my front:

Warboss power klaw, attack squig, combi skorcha, boss pole, cybork body & eavy armour 125

6 x Nobz + Painboy w/ Battlewagon 2 x big choppas, 1 x power klaw, 1 x combi skorcha, 1 x waaagh! banner, cybork bodies - battlewagon w/ boarding plank & big shoota 355
10 x Lootas 150
10 x Lootas 150

12 x Boyz w/ trukk Nob w/ power klaw & boss pole 147

3 x Deffcopters 3 x twin-linked rokkits & 1 x buzzsaw 160

1 x Battlewagon 2 x rokkits 110

Yhcrana
10-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I like to put at least 2 weapons on battlewagons, this means it takes an extra weapon destroyed to get anywhere near kill the battlewagon.

Also I am a huge fan off deff rollas.
The main point of a battlewagon is to get your boys there asap. If thats all you want it to do then that is fine.

But, once it is there then what does it do? With 1 big shoota it is fairly ineffective at doing anything else for the remaining 3 turns.

With deff rollas they can put the hurt on anything not in combat by running them over. Charging around 12'' a turn inflicting d6 str10 hits on anything in there way is awesome.

Last game I destroyed 2 valkyries in 1 turn by deff rolla action. Skimmers do have a 3+ dodge vs tank shock but he failed and the battlewagons made back their points easily.

Battlewagons with deff rollas are great for ramming vehicles, and with the prevalence of mech in 5th ed then this is a good tactic. If you ram a vehicle with a battlewagon then it is a str 9 hit (assuming you move 12") plus another d6 str10 hits.

mercer
10-09-2009, 04:18 AM
I'll give it some thought. Here is a updated list:

HQ

Elite

6 x Nobz + Painboy w/ Battlewagon 2 x big choppas, 1 x power klaw, 1 x combi skorcha, 1 x waaagh! banner, cybork bodies - battlewagon w/ boarding plank & big shoota 355

10 x Lootas 150

10 x Lootas 150

Troops

Fast Attack

3 x Deffcopters 3 x twin-linked rokkits & 1 x buzzsaw 160

Heavy Support

1 x Battlewagon 2 x rokkits 110