Would welcome your thoughts. Current list:

HQ
DP, MoK, Wings
Troops
9 x berzerkers, pf, champ
8 x Plague Marines, 2 x melta, pf, champ, rhino, 2 x tl bolters
10 x CSM, MoK, 2 x melta, pf, champ, rhino, 2 x tl bolters
Heavy Support
Landraider, Combi melta, Daemonic Possession (for Berzerkers)
Defiler, 2 x CCW
Defiler, 2 x CCW.

Comes in at 1500. Tactics is 'blood for the blood god, with DP taking on dreads/ICs, defilers for MEQ battlecannon until they can assault, Land Raider to drop off berzerkers to asault then lascannon stuff - the 2 rhinos can either garrison objectives or get thr troops in close for more assault.

Now, heres the rub. Having just had Drop pod death from a first turn Ironclad and his smaller dread mate, I'm not sure I have enough on deployment zone to kill this sort of thing first turn where necessary.

So my alternate consideration is drop the landraider, get in another defiler and another daemon prince, and rhino the berzerkers (i may need to drop a plague marine or berzerker for a few points).

My constraints is that mine is a khorne led army, don't want any psychics/slaanesh/lash - although I'm not saying they ain't good.

Comments would be appreciated.

Chumbalaya
10-09-2009, 08:42 AM
You could just go all monster-mash with 2 DPs, a GD, 3 Defilers, and Zerks in a Rhino. Not the most competitive pick, but hilarious nonetheless.

Instead of Zerks in a Rhino you could do LC Termies, they tend to make a mess of things. Instead of the CSM I prefer Plague Marines since they can survive most return fire that comes after nuking a vehicle.

SlavesToDarkness
10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't have my Chaos Codex in front of me, but I might reccommend something more like this:

2 x Daemon Prince (wings, Mark of Khorne)
1 x Greater Daemon
2 x squad Berzerkers w/ champ and powerfist in Rhino w/ Possession
2 x Squads of Plague Marines w/ 2x meltagun in Rhino w/ Possession
3 x Defilers w/ 2x Dreadnaught cc weapons

Maybe an all-laser Predator instead of one of the defilers? You'll have to play with the numbers, but I think trying for 4 x Rhino squads of cult marines would be best. Regular CSMs with Mark of Khorne are useless - trust me, I know.

Denzark
10-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't have my Chaos Codex in front of me, but I might reccommend something more like this:

2 x Daemon Prince (wings, Mark of Khorne)
1 x Greater Daemon
2 x squad Berzerkers w/ champ and powerfist in Rhino w/ Possession
2 x Squads of Plague Marines w/ 2x meltagun in Rhino w/ Possession
3 x Defilers w/ 2x Dreadnaught cc weapons

Maybe an all-laser Predator instead of one of the defilers? You'll have to play with the numbers, but I think trying for 4 x Rhino squads of cult marines would be best. Regular CSMs with Mark of Khorne are useless - trust me, I know.

thanks for the comment. Not sure how I'm going to fit this into 1500 without reducing squad size and i feel better to give away less kill points and have bigger squads. Must respectfully disagree on CSM MoK - my 10 man squad is getting 40 attacks on the charge after 2 spec weapon shots and is death to any other similar sized troop squad in most other armies - useless is quite harsh.

SlavesToDarkness
10-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah, you'll definately have to shrink it down squad-size wise. It's just my opinion that Berzerkers are FAR, FAR better than CSMs with Mark of Khorne. Let the Nurgle guys carry around the special weapons.

Denzark
10-10-2009, 08:41 AM
OK, herewith final iteration, after kind advice from a few good people (You know who you are thanks guys)

HQ
Daemon Prince MoK Wings 140
Daemon Prince Wings 130

Troops
Khorne Berzerkers, 8 Skull Champion Power Weapon Rhino TL Bolter 238
Iron Warrior CSMs, 10 Aspiring Champion Power Fist Meltagun Meltagun Rhino TL Bolter Icon of Khorne 280
Plague Marines, 7 Plague Champion Power fist Melta Melta Rhino TL Bolter 261

Heavy Support
Defiler, 1 CCW CCW 150
Defiler, 1 CCW CCW 150
Defiler, 1 CCW CCW 150

Points Summary:
HQ: 270
Troops: 779
Elites: 0
Fast Attack: 0
Heavy Support: 450
Total: 1499