PDA

View Full Version : Harald Deathwolf's company - 1500pts

jcroxford
10-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Disclaimer - This list is mostly for fun, and playing models I like.

HQ-
Canis w/2 wolves
Rune priest w/jump pack, runic armor

Troops-
2x 5 wolves
2x 10 grey hunters w/melta, flamer, pwr fist (1 Rhino)

Elite-
5 Wolf guard-
1. thunderhamer/stormshild - in GH squad w/out rhino
2.combi plasma/powerfist - with longfangs
3.. term
4. Arjac
5. term w/cyclone.

Fast-
5 skyclaw w/melta, pwr fist, MOW

Heavy-
3 Longfangs w/multi melta, lascannon in drop pod.

the plan:
Long fangs spearhead to take out enemy armor in first turn followed by canis / wolf assalult.
GH take objectives
wolf gaurd (3-5) causes havoc, rune priest is moble causing havoc as well. possibly hang with skyclaws.
Skyclaws are ready to re-inforce where needed.

Blackyujiro
10-09-2009, 04:35 PM
What? No Thunderwolf Cavalry? I thought that was Deathwolf's fav unit.

jcroxford
10-10-2009, 12:12 PM
I want some. Haven't figured out how to do that yet. I guess it's a work in progress. :) The company will grow.

Chumbalaya
10-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Don't drop the Fangs unless you have Logan, they can't fire when they land and with such a small unit size they can get knock out easy.

1 walking squad isn't worth it, you'll need a couple more. Go all Rhinos, all DPs or all foot, mixing it up makes it easier for your opponent.

Canis w/ wolves means he can't join a unit, it's much better to have 10 than 2.

WG squad is extremely pricey and not all that useful.

5 Skyclaws is no good, the unit is too small to do any damage or take any in turn, same goes for the Wolf units.

If you want wolves, take plenty of wolves. 10 doggies minimum and add some Thunderwolves. Good conversion ideas floating around the 'net: Chaos Knight horsies, Juggernauts, Cold Ones, Wolf Chariots, or simply marines riding on wolves. Doesn't have to be too expensive, just on the right sized base.

jcroxford
10-12-2009, 12:39 AM
Don't drop the Fangs unless you have Logan, they can't fire when they land and with such a small unit size they can get knock out easy.

1 walking squad isn't worth it, you'll need a couple more. Go all Rhinos, all DPs or all foot, mixing it up makes it easier for your opponent.

Canis w/ wolves means he can't join a unit, it's much better to have 10 than 2.

WG squad is extremely pricey and not all that useful.

5 Skyclaws is no good, the unit is too small to do any damage or take any in turn, same goes for the Wolf units.

If you want wolves, take plenty of wolves. 10 doggies minimum and add some Thunderwolves. Good conversion ideas floating around the 'net: Chaos Knight horsies, Juggernauts, Cold Ones, Wolf Chariots, or simply marines riding on wolves. Doesn't have to be too expensive, just on the right sized base.

Great suggestions. Thanks! Def need some more doggies an Twolves!

jcroxford
10-12-2009, 01:43 AM
they can't fire when they land

Damn. I forgot all about this. that ruins my whole plan. Need to rethink my strategy.