PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Try at 2000pt Space Wolves

drummerholt1234
10-09-2009, 09:49 PM
HQ

Canis Wolfborn
Rune Priest w/ Chooser, Saga of the Beastslayer, Living Lightning, Tempest's Wraith
Rune Priest w/ Chooser, Bolter, Living Lightning, Jaws of the World Wolf
Troops

Grey Hunters x10 w/ x2 meltaguns, rhino
Grey Hunters x10 w/ x2 meltaguns, rhino
Grey Hunters x6 w/ meltaguns, rhino
Grey Hunters x5 w/ meltaguns, rhino
Fenrisian Wolves x10
Elites

Lone Wolf w/ Terminator Armour, Chainfist, Storm Shield
Lone Wolf w/ Terminator Armour, Chainfist, Storm Shield
Fast Attack

Thunderwolf Cav x4
A- Thunder Hammer
B- Meltabombs
C- Mark of Wulfen
D- no extra wargeer
Thunderwolf Cav x4
A- Thunder Hammer
B- Meltabombs
C- Mark of Wulfen
D- no extra wargeer
Land Speeder w/ Multi-melta
Heavy Support

Predator w/ Heavy Bolter
Predator w/ Heavy Bolter

OK so here is my second try at SW. Hopefully it is better than my first mishap.

Chumbalaya
10-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Mean

drummerholt1234
10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Mean=good?

Eyespy
10-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Mean

Expensive.

On paper, I don't rate footslogging Lone Wolves. Also consider one or more of your melta squads in droppods for first turn tank busting.

Katie Drake
10-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Surprised to see no Wolf Guard. Out of curiosity, what's the thinking behind taking Canis Wolfborn? I mean, obviously he charges stuff and provides a slight Ld boost to the Wolves, but there are lots of units in the Space Wolf book that are good at close combat. Why Canis?

Otherwise, the list looks pretty mean. Especially liking the Thunderwolf Cavalry.

drummerholt1234
10-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Surprised to see no Wolf Guard. Out of curiosity, what's the thinking behind taking Canis Wolfborn? I mean, obviously he charges stuff and provides a slight Ld boost to the Wolves, but there are lots of units in the Space Wolf book that are good at close combat. Why Canis?

Otherwise, the list looks pretty mean. Especially liking the Thunderwolf Cavalry.

No real special reason but he does allow that lone speeder to be taken. I like his special attack rule also. He is also cheeper than a Wolf Lord with the same loadout, just less LD and WS (ws doesn't matter as much because of Wolftooth necklace)

Chumbalaya
10-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Mean=good?

Yes, very.