PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Chaos All Comers attempt.

ChrisW
10-09-2009, 11:37 PM
hi all,

i've been leaving the odd comment from time to time so its my turn to post a list. my friends wanted a list to test their tourny list against. the local tournies are 1850, this one is slightly over at 1853 pts.

HQ
Daemon Prince 155
- warptime
- wings

Kharn the Betrayer 165

Summoned Greater Daemon 100

Elite
Possessed (9 models) 294
- Champion upgrade
- Icon of Tzeentch

Troops
CSMs (10 models) 230
- Champion upgrade
- 2x Melta guns
- Icon of Chaos Glory
- Rhino

CSMs (10 models) 230
- Champion upgrade
- 2x Melta guns
- Icon of Chaos Glory
- Rhino

Summoned Lesser Daemons (6 models) 78

Heavy
Chaos Land Raider 220

Obliterator Cult (3 models) 225

the only thing that really worries me is that the greater daemon might pop out at the wrong time as i have only 4 models that it could replace. i was seriously considering swapping it out with a dakka pred to give a bit more firepower for anti horde (i'd use more Oblits, but all i have is three)

premise is that Kharn and the possessed ride up in the 'rader ready to toss a brick. the rhinos run down the field dropping the lessers as situations present, if able to hop out and double team a rapid fire situation. or worst case a couple melta shots from the rhino. prince make as best as he can using table cover or the 'rader for a partial, then go for a supported assault. Oblits on overwatch or deepstrike off one of the icons. i usually tend to do the 'rhino rush' technique, or at least try to get near his lines before things go pop.

i gratuitously stole the kharn and possessed from one of Goatboy's lists, hey use what works. i'm really starting to like the lesser daemons they make a great counter assault if the boys get stuck in or they can do a sneaky and grab an objective. too bad they can't come in off the prince. oddly enough they usually get ignored, even by people i play all the time.

Denzark
10-10-2009, 02:43 AM
I've not seen possessed in tourny lists - they are too random to be worth the points. Also, although I know you see minor daemons in goaty lists, not convinced by 4 squads of them - the reserve rolls go against you and your army is split in half so I think a serious list would have something more solid. Berzerkers and Plague marines are tourny favourites, particuallrly PM for objective holding.

Cheers

mjayc50
10-11-2009, 08:10 AM
im also loving lesser demons! so many ppl will say that they are no good compared to blah blah blah but they do an excellent job for me and are the best at doing that job even in big hard games. il not tell them tho. i worked it out so im sure they can 2. im all out trying to explain why and what i take on forum posts - its either replied with the same old "take more" or "instead" do ppl not see the way units compliment each other? maybe another a unit of pm arent going to do n e thing different from the previous 3... i digress :P

kharn can be fun to have - he is an efficent tank hunter. instakill is a problem - get him to leave the squad the turn they assault or its poo - he can kill most squads tho on his ownsome so multi charge is pretty cool. greater demons i dont really know - always kit my sgt models out too well to risk losing him. lots of hidden point costs but would make a good tag team with DP and/or kharn.
4++ possessed = nasty depending what they roll - shud work well tho - might have to use mine for the 1st time ever- let me know how they get on in the raider! warptime is also a good choice - lash i think has died the death - not enough troops these days! (not out of vehicles n e way) lash armies are easy to counter - well the standard 1 is n e way.

it should work well together - not sure about the normal space marines tho - have had a bad experience with them! 2 melta's tho - shooting from the hatch obviously... ever tried combi's? maybe a combi flamer on the sgt and another combi melta on the rhino - for when u have to kill that ironclad or MC - just gives a bit more versatility - something you can never have enough of (well thats a lie... but a little helps a long way - 1 shot flamer against a horde of orks! love it)

Chumbalaya
10-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Ugh, English please.

As for the list.

I'd pick up Plague Marines over normal CSM. They can't be run down and are a hell of a lot tougher.

Possessed are an interesting pick, I'd pick 'Zerkers instead for theme and consistency (don't have to roll well to know you will smash face) or Termies.

Single DP running around presents a pretty big target, dropping it and a unit of Daemons could net you another unit of Oblits.

SlavesToDarkness
10-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Agree with Chumbalaya.

I might also suggest combining your lesser daemons into one squad of 10. 6 will just die to fast.

From experience, I always enjoy having a greater daemon. He's worth whatever he replaces and can easily tip assaults in your favor.

ChrisW
10-15-2009, 04:40 PM
thanks for the comments

using the above list i didn't quite get tabled (read curb-stomped) by some space wolves but is was a fun game none the less. (i had two models left kharn and a rhino)

as for plauge marines..... i don't like the models. they are sculpted too well. i don't think i could use poopy marines or daemons.

it was pretty much against me from the get go, i set up wrong and couldn't recover. (should have set up everything to one side. would have handled the drop pods easier)

things to do diffrent:
- give deamon prince a mark of tzneech and a shooty power with warptime
- drop the possessed, a shame really because i love the 'chaos factor' of these guys. ( i managed to roll furious charge which worked for kharn)
- don't forget lesser daemons shouldn't assault things in cover. (damn frag grenades)
- give the daemon prince some backup / meat shield with some raptors?
- definitely go with some 'zerkers.
- drop greater daemon and put in some E-kids or CSMs