PDA

View Full Version : 13th company mentioned in new codex?

Chris
10-10-2009, 04:10 AM
As the title says. I'm in India so will be a while before I get a proper look. Are the 13th company mentioned at all? What's said if they are?

RogueGarou
10-17-2009, 02:30 AM
Mentioned at all? Yes. Mentioned outside of some fluff in the book and actually, positively identified as the 13th Company? No. Mentioned as playable units in game? No, sorry.

Chris
10-17-2009, 03:32 AM
Thats great, thanks. I wasn't after rules of anything, just wondering if they had been squatted or not.

Lord Anubis
10-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah, they mentioned the history a bit and talked about how (ironically) the Space Wolves don't like to talk about the 13th Company.

Barring the Wulfen, I've found 90% of my 13th Company adapts pretty well to the new book. Even the Wulfen I've toyed with using as a bare-bones, "savage" group of Blood Claws that need a character to keep them under control.

RogueGarou
10-17-2009, 10:36 PM
That sounds like a cool use for the Wulfen models. Wulfen are now just the latest addition to a list of things that can't be played at the moment. Maybe that will change soon, especially if the schedule for Codex releases is picking up like it appears to be at the moment. That could definitely free up some developers to work on bringing back some special lists. I was also thinking the Wulfen models might make a nice starting point for making models with the Mark of the Wulfen in the new Codex. I seem to recall them not having any ranged weapons on the models, though. Being metal, that might make some conversion work much more difficult.

BlueRonin
10-18-2009, 05:20 AM
Actually, the fluff in the new Codex highlights the mutation of the Space Wolves' geneseed more than previously, giving lots of references to Space Wolves spontaneously mutating during battle - similar to the Blood Angels' black rage. Furthermore, there are references to how older Space Wolves have continuously evolved these mutations...

The point is I see lots of uses for the old Wulfen models in a 'modern' Space Wolf list.

Kanaellars
10-18-2009, 07:37 AM
just a bit of info, the pocalypse datasheet for Stienhammers Wulfen is still a legal formation... so the Wulfen ARE still legal in Apocalypse.

MarshalAdamar
10-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Ahhhh WOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo

With the new codex and all I will have to dig my Wolves from their den (in the bottom of my closet) and rouse them to war!

Would we use the new codex and the old Wulfen rules from the eye of terror book?

MarshalAdamar
10-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Could you just use the Wulfen models as "Lone Wolves"

Duke
10-19-2009, 08:45 AM
You could use them as "lone wolves," but I would probably use them instead as "Mark of the Wulfen," models... It just makes too much sense to me.

Duke

masterofthedeathwing
10-19-2009, 01:23 PM
i think that the blood claws rues woul work out prety good for them(as mentined above)

Melissia
10-19-2009, 03:27 PM
I support the idea of using Mark of the Wulfen and the Lone Wolves for this.

Duke
10-20-2009, 02:33 PM
well,, the nice thing about using them as MoTW is that even your opponent can tell that the model is something 'different.'

Duke

MarshalAdamar
10-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Yea I was specifically thinking that you could take a couple "lone wolves" with the MoTW. I think a few of those sprinkled though out the army would be great for 13th company. I only wish you could take like 1-5 lone wolves as an elite choice. But oh well.