PDA

View Full Version : 2k Eldar advice...

Ghoulio
10-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Alright, I just need your quick thoughts to my list that I am taking to this tournament next week. This is what my list is looking like so far:

HQ
Farseer w/ Doom, Fortune and Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones

Yriel

Elites
9 Banshees+Exarch - Exarch w/Warshout
Wave Serpent w/ Twin Linked Bright Lances

Troops
3x10 Guardian Defenders w/ Warlock and a Scatter Laser. Warlock has Embolden and a singing spear

10 Storm Guardians w/ 2 Flamers, Warlock w/ Destructor.
Wave Serpent w/ Twin Linked Missile Launcher

9 Dire Avengers+Exarch w/ 2 Shuriken Catapults + Bladestorm

Fast Attack
2xVypers w/ Star Cannons

Heavy Support
Wraithlord w/Bright Lance, Flamer, Shuriken Catapult

2xWarwalkers w/ 2 Scatter Lasers and 2 Star Cannons (ie one each)

Falcon Grav Tank w/ Pulse Laser, Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon w/ Spirit Stones and Holofields

All that is 1997pts (2000pts tourney)

Now, the main question I have involves the Storm Guardians. Should I either A)Take the destructor so I have 3 flamer templates when they get out of the vehicle + the shuriken pistol shots or B) Give him Enhance (+1WS/+1Ini for everyone in/joining this squad) and put Yriel with this squad. That makes the squad WS4 Init 5+ with a decent warlock and Yriel for some mad beats. If I do this option i can also turn the two flamers into melta guns so they would get 3 shots at str 8 or better against vehicles, or two ap1 shots against marines/monstrous creatures. C) Make the Storm Guardians walk on foot and put the Dire Avengers in the Wave Sperpent. And Lastly, D) Remove warshout from the banshees and bump the storm guardian squad to 11+Warlock and just put Yriel in the Falcon. That way I have a decent anti Infantry squad in each tank.

The farseer is going to go with the banshees so they get re-rolls on wounds for the squad they charge and re-rolls for their 4+ armor save.

This is this is basically everything I own for this army. The only things that arent in it are 2 more Farseers (used to be an Ulthwe Strikeforce army), 5 dark reapers and 2 more old crappy looking warwalkers (armed same as two in my list).

Any advice would be very much appreciated :)

Ghoulio

Denzark
10-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Storm guardians are meant to fight - boost their ws and i and make them mounted.