PDA

View Full Version : Theoretical 2k empire list

Risstalle
10-11-2009, 06:14 PM
General:
Full Plate, Sword of Power, Enchanted Shield, Holy Relic.

Warrior Priest:
Hammer of Judgement, Armour of Metioric Iron.

Warrior Priest:
Dawn Armour, barded horse, great weapon.

Swordsmen:
x 20, FC.
Detachment: 5x Halbadiers + shields.

Swordsmen:
x 20, FC.
Detachment: 5x Halbadiers + shields.

Handgunners:
x 10, marksman with longrifle.

Greatswords:
x20, FC, Banner of Arcrain Warding.
Detachment: Free Company x10

Outriders:
x 5, musician, champion with blunderbuss.

Great Cannon:

Inner Circle Knights:
x 10, FC, Lances.

Hellstorm Rocket Battery:

Hellstorm Rocket Battery:

Just wanted to know if someone could give me a critique of the list. Been out of the hobby for a while so not sure how it would hold up but I think its a reasonably ok army list.

elrodogg
10-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Ok... I hate to break it to you but your list is (to put it mildly) very poor. I play an empire army, and it's markedly different.

1- magic defense - you have 4 dispel dice to bring to the table. that simply isn't going to cut it. I recomend 2 things to help you with your magic defense. Upgrade your lord to an archlector and instead of warrior priests, take 2 level 2 mages (one wiht the rod of power and the ring of the volans, the other with a pair of scrolls). This allows you an offensive magic phase as well, 2 bound prayers, 6 power dice and the ring of volans when you need it (i usualy roll fire for it).

2- detachments - the detachments you bring aren't all that great. 5 man archer units are what make empire blocks of troops work. read the FAQ and look at how skirmishers can be used to redirect enemy charges. then replace all your detachments with 5 man archer units. 9 man free company units arranged 3x3 are good too. they can hide between your larger set back an inch or so from your front. the enemy won't be able to charge them with a frontage of greater than 100mm and they can then countercharge with impunity.

3- warmachines - hellstorms are the worst entry in the list. if you have no steam tank, then take a second cannon, get the points from the knights being downgraded to regular knights (see next)

4- knights - there is no point to inner circle knights. they live or die on the charge and s5 is enough for anything they should be charging (namely lighter troops like skirmisherse and fast cav, or blocks of infantry in the flank). break up into 2 5 man knight units, equit with a musician. win.

5- infantry - you seem to like taking infantry, so go for 2 units of 15 or so flagellants. unbreakable troops = awesome. get the points from the hellstorms and possibly dropping a unit of swords.

5- your final character. i like the hero bsb, with full plate, barded steed, icon of magnus and sword of might.

Risstalle
10-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the advice (I've never played empire before so I welcome all criticism) I'll get to work on a re-vamped list.

Ender
11-29-2009, 01:52 PM
2- detachments - the detachments you bring aren't all that great. 5 man archer units are what make empire blocks of troops work. read the FAQ and look at how skirmishers can be used to redirect enemy charges. then replace all your detachments with 5 man archer units. 9 man free company units arranged 3x3 are good too. they can hide between your larger set back an inch or so from your front. the enemy won't be able to charge them with a frontage of greater than 100mm and they can then countercharge with impunity.

Where can I find the FAQ mentioned above?