PDA

View Full Version : Plastic bitz from the new basing kits

Houghten
11-23-2012, 12:30 AM
So in the Under-Empire Basing Kit there are these lovely green crystals and in the Northern Wastes Basing Kit there are strips of icicles.

I'm fairly sure the resin bitz in these kits are GW's own sculpts but I have a sneaky suspicion these plastic bitz aren't.

Does anyone know where to buy them separately? I love those crystals to pieces but paying £20 for a full kit every time I want some (also, limited edition-ness) is a bit... ouch. Still, if Green Stuff is 1/6 the price when it's sold by someone else under its original name of Kneadatite...

Cpt Codpiece
11-23-2012, 08:16 AM
you could always use spare sprue frames from necron crystal rods or actual coloured rods off ebay.

just use an acylic polish like klear/future and the saw/cut/file marks disappear ;) also protects crystal bits (all plastic GW clear bits, flying bases and necron bits) from super glue haze.

Houghten
11-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Sprue's a bit small for it. I'd have to glue several bits together and then cometh the fog of doom.

-Tom-
11-30-2012, 10:05 AM
So in the Under-Empire Basing Kit there are these lovely green crystals and in the Northern Wastes Basing Kit there are strips of icicles.

I'm fairly sure the resin bitz in these kits are GW's own sculpts but I have a sneaky suspicion these plastic bitz aren't.

Does anyone know where to buy them separately? I love those crystals to pieces but paying £20 for a full kit every time I want some (also, limited edition-ness) is a bit... ouch. Still, if Green Stuff is 1/6 the price when it's sold by someone else under its original name of Kneadatite...

Perhaps these - http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/anarchy-models/anarchy-crystals/cat_1052.html ?