PDA

View Full Version : Dreadnought ccw

mercer
10-12-2009, 09:46 AM
If a dccw is destroyed is any weapon on the arm i.e heavy flamer, storm bolter etc lost?

IMO it says weapon destroyed, and a dccw is listed seperately as wargear. But if you do it that way then the dreadnought has several weapons which can be destroyed. :confused:

AirHorse
10-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Thats the way I always played it, dreds usually have 3 or 4 weapons to take down so they can be a bit of a pain if you keep rolling weapon destroyed :P

Gotthammer
10-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Yes - The codex lists it as "DCCW (with built in Storm Bolter)" and the rulebook states, on page 73, that "the walker loses the bonuses conferred by the DCCW weapon (and any other weapon built into the same arm)".

Bunny
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
On page 73 of the rule book, in the box labelled 'Dreadnought close combat weapons', it states that if the close combat weapon is destroyed it can no longer use any weapon built into the same arm.

Of course, on Forgeworld dreadnoughts (at least some of them) the auxillary weapon is mounted on the torso instead of the arm.

Edit: 7 minutes to late! I knew I shouldn't have gone for a coffee half way through replying

dagonis
10-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I have a dread that I modeled a heavy flamer on the main chassis, but for the purposes of the game if the left army gets destroyed (which is where it would normally be) the chassis mounted weapon is destroyed as well.