PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt Tiger List (Grey Wolf)

White Tiger88
11-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Well i have decided to go with a winter themed tiger list since it seems easier to learn to play and much more fun to paint then the Pieper KT list i had. As i am brand new to the game any and all suggestions would be great!

Schwere Panzer Company HQ - 1x CIC Tiger I (225 pts)

Schwere Panzer Platoon - 1x Command Tiger IE, 1x Tiger I E (430 pts)
Replace Command Tiger I E with Otto Carius in Tiger I E
Replace Tiger I E with Alber Kerscher in Tiger I E

Schwere Panzer Platoon - 1x Command Tiger IE, 1x Tiger I E (430 pts)

Panzer Anti-Aircraft Gun Platoon - 1x Command Flakpanzer 38(t), 2x Flakpanzer 38(t) (120 pts)

Panzer Scout Platoon - 1x Command Motorcycle MG, 3x Motorcycle MG (145 pts)

1500 Points, 4 Platoons

Makarov
11-27-2012, 03:08 PM
IMHO, drop the second panzer platoon and add infantry. In FoW it is usually better to have a combined forces approach (a combination of tanks, infantry, artillery, etc. like in real life/ww2) than spam any one particular unit.

White Tiger88
11-27-2012, 05:15 PM
IMHO, drop the second panzer platoon and add infantry. In FoW it is usually better to have a combined forces approach (a combination of tanks, infantry, artillery, etc. like in real life/ww2) than spam any one particular unit.

This list forces two Tiger Units to play lol

Makarov
11-27-2012, 10:31 PM
In that case go with what you got. Just be sure to always use those scouts as recce units will help prevent you tanks from getting ambushed by infantry.

White Tiger88
11-27-2012, 11:02 PM
In that case go with what you got. Just be sure to always use those scouts as recce units will help prevent you tanks from getting ambushed by infantry.

Yup! First i have to find some Flames of war for trade or discount sale sadly :(

Makarov
11-28-2012, 04:21 AM
Depending on where you are in Canada I'd recommend the http://www.thewarstore.com/. Also keep in mind that there are many 3rd party manufactures of 15mm WW2, such as Plastic Soldier Company for one.

White Tiger88
11-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Depending on where you are in Canada I'd recommend the http://www.thewarstore.com/. Also keep in mind that there are many 3rd party manufactures of 15mm WW2, such as Plastic Soldier Company for one.

Ya only downside is i want to play tourny's so i need all offical........... :( other wise i could get my whole army for about 20 bucks lol!

Makarov
11-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Ya only downside is i want to play tourny's so i need all offical........... :( other wise i could get my whole army for about 20 bucks lol!

They compromised on that decision. Your army only has to be at least 50 or 51% BF minis, not 100%.

http://theback40k.blogspot.com/2012/07/awe-battlefront-whyd-you-go-and-do-that.html

UPDATE: The policy has been revised to a >50% ratio of BF to Non-BF minis. Here's the statement:
"In all the years we have been in business we have had an open and honest policy about listening to our gamers and genuinely taking their views on board to the extent of sometimes changing our plans. We apologise for the confusion and angst our announcement has caused as it was never our intention. We did not see this change as a big problem as we were simply formalising something we already thought was existing practise, albeit informally.

In the interests of compromise and fairness to everybody’s opinion we will change the word “all” to “majority” (meaning over half) in the tournament rules for the 2013 season. Although we were not clear enough about this last week we did not consider die cast planes, scratch built models or objectives (assuming they are the right size), terrain or models we do not currently make to be covered by this. As is always the case, if you are unsure simply get in touch with your tournament organiser and clarify the situation but we are going to revert to the best option in all cases, common sense.

The new season rules take effect from the masters in December this year and only apply to the officially run Battlefront tournaments listed on our site. Independent tournaments are free to choose their own system, as they always have been.

One of the feedback ideas that did come back from our weekend conversations that we really liked was to also further reward people who came along with 100% Battlefront armies. This is an idea that we will definitely work on for the future.
We are committed to supporting and growing the Flames Of War hobby and want to invest more in the future, in events, the website and programs like the Rangers all of which we are happy to spend money on to provide this to you for free.
We want to thank our moderators for doing such a sterling job this weekend especially given they had no warning at all. We appreciate all the civil comments whether for or against. We feel that our compromise shows that we believed all views have merit. We hope this once again proves that we do listen.
~ Pete, John & John-Paul."

White Tiger88
11-28-2012, 11:20 PM
.....Still though better safe then sorry? (Anyone of you Brits get good deals?)

Woogler
01-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Did u end up getting fow tigers I can probably help you I have about 35 tigers I know, seems a bit compulsive but I do enjoy a good tiger battle...... Only problem is I live in Australia