PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Death : Monster Official Thread!

Kingdom Death
11-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Hello BOLS community,

My name is Adam Poots and I am tabletop game enthusiast and the creator of Kingdom Death. Kingdom Death is a mature nightmare horror game world supported by a range of meticulously crafted miniatures. I wanted to start an offical thread here and try my best to answer any questions related to Kingdom Death or the kickstarter campaign (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster) that is currently running.

My love affair with miniatures started with Milton Bradly's Hero Quest and grew quickly into 2ND edition 40k and I've pretty much been hooked ever since. I won't bore you with all the details, but I am a long time miniature fan and Kingdom Death was a side project that started with a simple desire to... make my own tiny man!

Feel free to ask me any questions you like about KD, the kickstarter or me personally and I will try my best to answer them.

The project has been live for 2 days and has already reached 260k! Just nuts, my mind is kinda reeling from it all!

Anyway, thank you for your time and understanding. BOLS is awesome and I have been lurking on the news end of the site for a very long time now. This is my first foray into the forurm!

here is our latest goal :
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/277/968/e844d23670d1f3315a59e515862b1454_large.jpg?1353826 864

energongoodie
11-25-2012, 03:16 AM
I'm in.

Houghten
11-25-2012, 05:14 AM
Plastic Flower Knight?

I'm not generally one given to the punishing international shipping on Kickstarters (to say nothing of RM's import ransom) but I might have to make an exception.

Kingdom Death
11-25-2012, 05:56 AM
Plastic Flower Knight?

I'm not generally one given to the punishing international shipping on Kickstarters (to say nothing of RM's import ransom) but I might have to make an exception.

My sincerest apologies about the international shipping. I must be very careful to cover my hide and also ensure that backers receive their rewards, therefore I MUST ship with a service that offers tracking. The cheapest way for me to do this ( as a small one person company ) is directly via USPS. To give you an idea, a 7 lbs priority package to Spain costs $51.97 for the label alone. That does not include packaging or labor. I currently do not have a partner over seas that could warehouse and ship things at a domestic rate. Depending on how the campaign goes I might be able to find a better solution, but this is simply reality I am facing. I cannot afford to send these and eat such a high shipping cost. It would sink the project out of the gate.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

energongoodie
11-25-2012, 06:30 AM
What happened to the eagle winged fell we got a sneaky behind the back photo of a while ago?
Will we be seeing any more new models pop in this kickstarter or are you planning future expansion kickstarters as this one is going so well?

Kingdom Death
11-25-2012, 02:37 PM
What happened to the eagle winged fell we got a sneaky behind the back photo of a while ago?
Will we be seeing any more new models pop in this kickstarter or are you planning future expansion kickstarters as this one is going so well?

That would be a Blessed One! I am still unsure if he will make it into the campaign. He was originally printed on a machine that is well, honestly inferior to the printing tech I am using now. So I need make some tweaks and have him printed again.

Because it takes so much time to pack orders and handle the fulfillment side of the boutique resin line, I am thankfully in a position where I have a lot of content that is either unreleased or nearly finished! It is definitely my hope to use this kickstarter to see the vision of Monster fulfilled with as much content as I can get in there.

If I am super lucky ( and my brain begins to work for anything besides kickstarter again ) I might get to add stuff that hasn't even been thought of yet. But we shall see.

Wildeybeast
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Sadly finance dictates I can't invest in this, but I wish you the best of luck, it looks amazing. Kudos for the great communication to people's queries as well. Oh, and welcome to the forum!

miteyheroes
11-25-2012, 04:37 PM
This does look an amazing project, and the models are drop-dead gorgeous.

But your post may be in the wrong bit of the forum? It's not very Warhammer 40k related...

Kingdom Death
11-25-2012, 09:06 PM
This does look an amazing project, and the models are drop-dead gorgeous.

But your post may be in the wrong bit of the forum? It's not very Warhammer 40k related...

eek! i saw news and rumors and just kinda went for it, i apologize if its in the wrong place! someone can move it i hope?

in terms of communication I will certainly try my best!

daboarder
11-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Question?

If I fork out for the $30 buy in, and then increase that by 15 due I get the option of choosing the phoenix dancer?

Kingdom Death
11-26-2012, 12:53 AM
Question?

If I fork out for the $30 buy in, and then increase that by 15 due I get the option of choosing the phoenix dancer?

Yes.

daboarder
11-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Yes.

Cool, another question.

Is the game going to be available for purchase at a later date?

Toyz n the Hood
11-26-2012, 02:06 PM
It looks like a fantastic Kickstarter and right up my street but before I back it could you let us know which other company you're working with?

Thanks!

Kingdom Death
11-27-2012, 02:39 AM
It looks like a fantastic Kickstarter and right up my street but before I back it could you let us know which other company you're working with?

Thanks!

The manufacturer asked me not to use his biz name publicly, but I can say its the same team that did super dungeon explore. CMON might step in and help me with fulfillment as I am close with them, but we have yet to finalize any details.

Also thank you!

Kingdom Death
11-27-2012, 02:40 AM
Question?

Yes

White Tiger88
11-27-2012, 10:35 AM
wow....really wish i had some extra cash those female mini's would rock for my Vampire army........

Kingdom Death
12-01-2012, 08:37 PM
We just hit 420K!

Gotthammer
12-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Just hit $450k, and the gameplay video is up:

http://youtu.be/mboZZZ8TuV8

Looks like a great system, and very clearly explained.

Chronowraith
12-04-2012, 02:00 PM
That just made me even happier I pledged the level that I did...

Looks like a fantastic system that makes for tense games... with character progression even!

energongoodie
12-05-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm loving the old school D10, paper and pencil shenanigans! I can't wait to play this bad boy.

And what the Frack is this thing at the end of the gameplay video!

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3344&d=1354709936

daboarder
12-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Can anyone answer this for me

energongoodie
12-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Can anyone answer this for me

I am absolutely sure it will be. Kickstarter is just to get things going.

Toyz n the Hood
12-11-2012, 03:26 AM

Thanks!

Any chance of an answer to this? I've got a couple of Kickstarter's outstanding so i'd like to know before supporting anything else.

Toyz n the Hood
12-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Oh, it doesn't matter - I see from this article that it's Cool Mini Or Not that's the publisher.

http://www.wired.com/design/2012/12/kingdom-death/

energongoodie
01-07-2013, 04:03 AM
13 hours to go and it's at $1,575,555.

I really can't wait to get playing this badboy!

I can't decide what extra figures to get though?

eldargal
01-07-2013, 04:37 AM
It is doing very well, it may even beat Reaper Bones for final pledge level (though it may not, with 13 days longer it is still half what Bones was at this point in the campaign).

I can't bring myself to pledge though, I either spend 45% extra on international shipping over the cost of the basic box or I buy All The Things and spend a lot of money on quite a few miniatures that I won't be able to use for any of my other games. This in a year where I'm expecting my Reaper Bones parcel (250+ miniatures), Relic Knights and a new eldar release.:(

energongoodie
01-07-2013, 07:01 AM
It is doing very well, it may even beat Reaper Bones for final pledge level (though it may not, with 13 days longer it is still half what Bones was at this point in the campaign).

I can't bring myself to pledge though, I either spend 45% extra on international shipping over the cost of the basic box or I buy All The Things and spend a lot of money on quite a few miniatures that I won't be able to use for any of my other games. This in a year where I'm expecting my Reaper Bones parcel (250+ miniatures), Relic Knights and a new eldar release.:(

(chanting) DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! :D

pikole
01-04-2017, 03:24 PM
For those interested in sleeves!!!

MCG Sleeves have been almost triple funded and all the stretch goals are now unlocked!!

This campaign is dedicated to expand MAGE Company's sleeves line, but also to offer a variety of accessories for the cards such as deck boxes, plastic stands and so on. Aside the current sizes MCG offers (mini Euro, mini square, standard Euro, standard American, mini American, standard card games), two new sizes have been added in the campaign, that will be produced by MAGE Company : 150*95mm and 210*107mm. Such sleeves can fit cards for games like Kingdom Death. The two new sizes are transparent, premium quality and include 50 sleeves per pack.

One week left and as the campaign progresses, more stretch goals will be unlocked as well as more sleeves sizes.

The campaign ends 10th of January 2017 and after that, MAGE Company will launch a pledge manager were more people will be able to join it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magecompany/mcg-premium-sleeves-and-accessories?ref=nav_search