PDA

View Full Version : Meshing Codex:Eye of Terror 13th company with the new Codex: Space Wolves

Tyrsday
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
After semi-exhaustive examination I've found that the 13th Company list plugs fairly well into the new Space Wolves Codex, what with all the HQ's stating to use the Codex: Space Wolves entry plus replace or add a special rule or so and the army list itself is almost completely divorced from the main list. The only problem I find is that when adding a Wolf Guard to a unit that it says to use the SW armory, which doesn't exist in that fashion anymore, so would you keep them base equipped or use the Wolf Guard Bodyguard entry for them? Mainly I just want to get anyone's thoughts on the codicies mesh in general and on how or how not to arm the Wolf Guard.

P.S. I realize this list wouldn't be allowed in any tournament setting really to speak of, this is mainly just a way of trying to figure out how to use one of GW's more flavorful codicies now that they don't make them like they used to.

Chaosgerbil
10-18-2009, 02:01 PM
I would suggest using the new Wolf Guard entry in Codex: SW.

N0rdicNinja
10-19-2009, 07:30 AM
As someone who plays casual games exclusively I would highly encourage the inclusion of the 13th Company into the new 'dex for those who have them, and if you were playing against myself (and any of the people I tend to throw down with for that matter) we would all vote for just using the Wolf Guard entry as it stands in the new Codex to keep things simple.