View Full Version : 1500 all comers chaos

biteymcrunrun
10-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Daemon Prince- Wings; Mark of Slaanesh; Lash of Submission

10 Chosen- Icon of Khorne; Aspiring Champion with Power Fist

5 Chosen- 2 meltaguns

10 CSM: Icon of Chaos Glory; Flamer; Heavy Bolter

5 CSM: Plasma Gun

10 Khorne Beserkers: Skull Champion with Power Weapon; Personal Icon (wont use if no daemons are included in army)
Rhino

Vindicator

Predator: lascannons all round

1345 points total

I am not sure what else to include in this list, please help. My main problem is my friends guard army, which is basically a gun line. I also have 10 lesser daemons, a dreadnought with multi-melta, 5 Raptors with Icon of Chaos Glory and a Predator with Autocannon, Heavy Bolters and a Havoc Launcher. I am reluctant to buy more models, but i can get any of the following for cheap: 10 Khorne Beserkers, Rhino, 5 Terminators, Khorne lord, 10 Possessed. I also have plenty of spare weapons to swap for the current ones, including meltaguns. Any and all comments and criticisms welcome.

Chumbalaya
10-14-2009, 06:08 AM
A gunline army is going to cause you problems.

At present you only have 3 vehicles, that isn't too difficult to blow away at 1500.

Your assault troops are either Rhino-borne (can't charge after getting out, easy to pop, obvious target) or infiltrating/outflanking (considering they walk, they may not reach combat for a while).

For ranged firepower, you've got lascannons on 1 tank and a mobile pie plate. Not bad, but the Predator is limited to blasting 1 target per turn.

A single DP looms over it all, a T5 MC that is not that difficult to nuke with firepower.

For anti-tank, you have 2 infiltrating foot meltas, lazorz and the pie plate. Not a lot here either.

Considering what you have, I'd recommend
-swap for Nurgle Prince, T6 is that much more useful.
-2 CSM units with 2 meltas in Rhinos
-2 units of 10 Chosen with meltas and a PF, IoCG is handy here.
-2 Preds with autocannon and lascannon sponsons
-Lesser Daemons

It isn't ideal, but you get 20 marines running up in somebody's face turn 1 (take cover man!), IoN if you feel T5 is worth it, 2 Rhinos with help on the way, 2 Preds that can put out a good amount of dakka each turn to knock out transports, and Lesser Daemons to tie up problem units or go hold objectives. Berzerkers would be incredibly helpful as well, but they need a transport. You could also outflank the Chosen in Rhinos if you wanted them extra speedy.

biteymcrunrun
10-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks, your ideas are indeed good ones. My thought behind the lash prince was to either hide at the start of the game, or possibly deep strike, then lash units towards the outflanking chosen. Also, T6 vs my friends guard does not help much as nearly everything in his army would still either wound on a 6+ or a 2+. I would love to use 2 preds with autocannon and lascannon sponsons, but i simply do not have the models, or the money to buy them. Here is my revised list, taking into account your comments:

Daemon Prince- Wings; Mark of Slaanesh; Lash of Submission

10 Chosen- 2 meltaguns; Aspiring Champion with Power Fist
rhino

10 CSM: Icon of Chaos Glory; 2 meltaguns
rhino

5 CSM: Plasma Gun

9 Khorne Beserkers: Skull Champion with Power Weapon
Rhino

9 Khorne Beserkers
Rhino

Vindicator

Predator: lascannons all round

1498points

Chumbalaya
10-14-2009, 03:23 PM
That could work. If you have any extra heavy weapons, dropping that 5 man squad for some Havocs wouldn't hurt.