PDA

View Full Version : NARRATIVE CAMPAIGN WEEKEND: Table Top Nations: Wars of Armageddon

prilladog
12-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Bols members! I am here to present to you a Narrative Campaign weekend which will be happening, I thought i'd bring the news here as even though i'm 'new' to the forums, i've been stalking it for a long time.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1860/ghazghkullvsyarrick.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/ghazghkullvsyarrick.jpg/)

Wars of Armageddon aims to bring together the Warhammer 40,000 gaming community for exciting, narrative based gaming events.

The purpose of the event is to allow players to participate in non-competitive story driven battles, where it is the power of the narrative that wins rather than a powerful army. The Good The Bad the Bromley (TGTBTB) have designed this event so gamers with all levels of experience are welcome to join us and we hope that all attendees can have fun and enjoy themselves as much as possible. It is our hope that we can repay some small part of the kindness that the gaming community has shown us over the years (Especially the likes of the Tempus Fugitives) and as a result we aim to organise a unique and memorable event that everyone can enjoy. In fact I’d like to thank Stuart the man behind the Tempus Fugitives for all the aid and support he has given us over the years.

The event itself, whilst there are obvious elements of winning and losing, this is not a tournament, we hope that players will play the miniatures they want to use because they want to keep fluffy with the Armageddon Wars and because they want to use them, not because they want to win. Sportsmanship is always preferred to gamesmanship, and whether you come away with a crushing victory or a humiliating defeat, your game is not over until the commander sings, as your allies may tip the balance in your favour.

The original work found in the Armageddon campaign book laid the groundwork for this document. While that list was designed specially for use in Games Workshop’s summer campaign, a more fully fledged list was required for The Good The Bad the Bromley (TGTBTB) campaign weekends. Any similarity is more likely due to a common point of inspiration rather than any deliberate duplication on our part. That said, one or two ideas may have in fact originated in the community rather than from the original source material and I apologise in advance if anything appears here that has not been properly credited.

REMEMBER: This is not a tournament, please attend with an open mind and an enjoyable army list - which is enjoyable for both parties. There are other events for tournaments, this is NOT one of them.

TGTBTB cordially invites all gamers to join us down at Tabletop Nation (Located in Hockley, which is 1 train ride from London) for some action in the 41st Millennium over the planet Armageddon.

- Prilladog (Dean Carter)

PLAN:
Wars of Armageddon is a 2 day narrative event being held on July 6th & 7th 2013 . Narrative Campaign packs will be provided on the day which the cost will be included with your ticket price. The packs are under construction until the final deadline in May and are available for viewing on the website, input of such packs is gladly welcome and good enough changes will be included in the packs.

Tables are primed and ready for 40 people with the obvious push for more, as the more that attend, the better the day will be. We pledge to make the weekend something for gamers to remember by using feats which have yet to be seen at any previous campaign narrative weekends.

If you would like to attend then feel free to either contact us on:
E-Mail: [email protected]

COST:
To attend the Wars of Armageddon it will cost £45 each to attend. The fees will include:
Assurance you are fed - There will be lunch available on both days and dinner on the Saturday
Campaign pack – Professional pack for you to keep
Task force Identification
Prizes - TBC

Table Top Nation will have a bar located at the site for those who prefer more than juice (Obviously Legal restrictions apply).
Travel arrangements and advice will be posted up for those travelling from afar.

Home Website: http://www.thegoodthebadthebromley.com/

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments!