PDA

View Full Version : 2000 MechGuard List for Tournament

Dingareth
10-15-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm finally adapting my DKoK army to the new book after spending a lot of time on my Iron Hands, so I figure I should throw up my list before I head off to my first tournament with them, just to make sure my head is screwed on straight. I finally folded and bought some Valkyries, which actually turned out to be a good thing, because those extra missiles allowed me to convert up a Manticore, which I've been wanting for a while!

So, here's the list:

Company Command Squad
Plasma Pistol
4 Plasma Guns
Master of the Fleet
Vox Caster
Chimera

Veteran Squad
3 Meltaguns
Chimera

Veteran Squad
3 Meltaguns
Chimera

Veteran Squad
3 Flamers
Chimera

Veteran Squad
3 Flamers
Chimera

2 Bane Wolves
Smoke Launchers

Vendetta
Heavy Bolters

Vendetta
Heavy Bolters

Leman Russ Executioner
Hull Lascannon
Plasma Cannon Sponsons

Leman Russ Executioner
Hull Lascannon
Plasma Cannon Sponsons

Manticore

Now, I'm not sure if I'm happy with the Flamers on the two vet squads, what do y'all think about Grenade Launchers- same point cost, but another 3 S6 shots while moving, it could be pretty deadly to Rhinos and infantry. Also, if anyone sees a way of getting 30 points for a Medic on the Company Command Squad, please let me know, right now I figure it's either a Medic or Master of the Fleet, and I'm thinking that the MotF will help discourage people from holding their whole army in reserve.

Thoughts?

Lord Azaghul
10-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Intersting looking list…I’ve never used the manticore, but it looks viscious on paper.
Whats with the lone vox caster and who’s carring it? Just to let his squad reroll, you can’t have a lad carrying a plasma gun and a vox caster.

Vet squads. My personal opinion (others will disagree) is that you’ve over specializeding the vets.
I like to put 2 squads in reserve and use them to either plug holes or take out an aggrsor.
I run all mine melta, melta flamer. Works well against horde and mech. I have personally found no use for GL’s

Banewolfs – I’m kind of iffy on these two. I think I’d prefer the devil dogs.
Vendettas are nice, but they seem to explode a lot – but they are better as s decated gun ship then a transport. I assume you are not squading these? I would trade one for a valk with rockpods, since you seem to lack anti-horde.

Executioners: I think you be better served by trading one out as a demolisher. If you out flank with your venedettas you only have 1 true anti –armour. If your manticore is on the table and you don’t go first it probably won’t live to see turn 2

Chumbalaya
10-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Plasma overload on the CCS, I wouldn't recommend it. There are cheaper ways of killing yourself. Give these guys meltas and leave the plasma to the Executioners. Remember, a model cannot have a gun and a vox, so it's one or the other.

Vets should just have meltas all day. The Chimera covered hordes with its flamer and tankage, while the multi-laser can annoy vehicles at range.

You may want to consider an infantry platoon. 160 points gets you 25 scoring models and 3 autocannons. Use these guys to hold home objectives and protect your Executioners from assault (wrap around it, works wonders).

Vendettas should sit back and shooty, carry a PCS and SWS in there for a cheap scoring upgrade.

Bane Wolves rock, but you may want to swap 1 out for a Hellhound. Since they are in a squadron, you pick which one goes boom first, so you can pick based on your opponent.

Execs are sweet, just need heavy flamers. Once those surrounding guardsmen get killed, the enemy bunched up nicely for a burning, move and fire so you won't get destroyed in assault.

A little flexibility would go a long way here. You've got plenty of units to knock out infantry, but more long range transport busters (autocannons) are never unwelcome. An Inquisitor with Mystics would fit in well too.

Dingareth
10-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Good call on the Vox, it was there so they could get a re-roll on Bring it Down. So dropping that and the Smoke on the Banewolves will get me 15 points for something...

I like Banewolves because you can move 12 and fire both the Chemcannon and the Hull Heavy Flamer, Devil Dogs have just never seen that attractive. Also, I'd never reserve the Vendettas, they're just there to provide 6 TL Lascannons, with some extra Heavy Bolter fire for once the tanks are taken care of.

Also, do y'all really think it's worth it to drop the Hull Lascannons on the Executioners, that would net me 45 points, just a few more and I could grab an Inquisitor/Mystics combo.