PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts World Eater list...

Ghoulio
10-15-2009, 03:25 PM
I am almost done all my current projects, and its been about 5 years since I have worked on any sort of marine list. I am looking to make a World Eaters themed list that is competive to be used in Tournament play. I have never played chaos, and sadly rarely play against them, so I am at a bit of a loss what is decent, and what should be avoided at all costs lol. Here is what I have so far:

HQ
Demon Prince - Wings, Mark of Khorne

Summoned Greater Demon

Troops

9 Bezerkers + Skull Champ w/ Power Fist. Unit has Personal Icon
Rhino w/ Extra Armor

9 Bezerkers + Skull Champ w/ Power Fist. Unit has Personal Icon
Rhino w/ Extra Armor

9 Chaos Space Marines w/ 2 Melta guns, Icon of Khorne
Aspiring Champ w/ Power Weapon, Combi-Melta
Rhino w/ twin linked bolter

12 Summoned Demons

12 Summoned Demons

Fast Attack
2 Bikers w/ Chaos Glory
+ Aspiring Champ

Heavy Support

2 Obliterators

2 Obliterators

Predator w/ Las Cannon side sponsons.

So the idea is to have all the heavy support stay back and pop tanks/enemy transports while everything else rushes forward. The bikers are there to hopefully get into the enemy ranks by turn to with turbo boosting to bring in all the lesser demons and the greater demon. I know the Demon Prince of Khorne isnt as good as one of nurgle (due to the lacking of warp time and T6), I just want to keep it whithin a Khorne theme. My main concern is if the biker unit needs to be 5 models strong, just to make sure they are alive long enough for the demons to come in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Chumbalaya
10-15-2009, 03:41 PM
You can drop the Bikers for more Oblits.

As far as themed lists goes, it should be fine. The DP will be an obvious target as the only MC starting, so expect him to take a lot of fire (T5 isn't doing him any favors either).

You may want to look into Rhino-mounted Chosen with meltas or combi-melta Termies Deep Striking. Neither are particularly survivable or points efficient, but useful enough and can be themed up.

Denzark
10-15-2009, 04:55 PM
I play a khorne led army - only leads as opposed to 100% khorne as I still haven't de-nerfed my world eaters from the last codex change.

All I would say is that on skull champions, try power weapons rather than fist - if you play em right they get the charge and with furious charge you'll hit first against most MEQs with extra initiative and strength - an advantage rather than waiting for ini one for the fists.

Also I would consider maybe losing one of the daemons squads and the pred for a landraider - you can keep the fire power but are likely to be more accurate with TL and also its good for pretty much guaranteeing the berzerkers get into assault as people will brick with that many coming down at them.

Skulls for Milord Khorne!

DarkLink
10-15-2009, 08:33 PM
P.fists do something power weapons can't; kill Dreads. A squad of berzerkers is already great at killing just about anything it assaults, you don't really need a few more power weapon attacks. But for 10 extra points you get a certain amount of protection from walkers (and help against Monstrous Creatures).

I used to (before I switched to Grey Knights) do the same 3 man bike squad and summoned Greater Daemon. Works great. If you can get that Daemon into combat, he'll make his points back, and the points of the biker squad. And if the bikes live long enough to do something, that's cool too.

Ghoulio
10-15-2009, 09:38 PM
I tooled around with the list, and I was wondering if this would be better at all?

HQ
Khorne Lord w/ Terminator armor, demon weapon

Elites
3 Terminators w/ Icon of Khorne, 2 combi-meltas, 1 Power Fist, 2 Lit Claws
1 Terminator Champion w/ Chain Fist
Land Raider

Troops
9 Bezerkers + Skull Champ w/ Power Fist.
Rhino w/ Extra Armor, Twin Linked Bolter

9 Bezerkers + Skull Champ w/ Power Fist.
Rhino w/ Extra Armor, Twin Linked Bolter

7 Chaos Space Marines w/ 1 Melta guns
Aspiring Champ w/ Combi-Melta

7 Chaos Space Marines w/ 1 Melta guns
Aspiring Champ w/ Combi-Melta

Heavy Support
2 Obliterators

2 Obliterators

Predator w/ Las Cannon side sponsons

Going this way the Land Raider should hopefully be a distraction for the Bezerkers to get into combat. Also nice having 4 rhinos, 1 Pred and 1 LR. Chaos armies always see so darn small since I normally play a mixed Nid army or an Eldar army lol. Feels weird having so few models.

Denzark
10-16-2009, 01:09 AM
I like your second list better Ghoulio. just a word on the Lord, whilst his potential is excellent look at the 'herohammer' thread where someone has math hammered the difference between Kharn and this lord - Kharn wins on averages.

Also, because of eternal warrior and being sick of dreads killing my lord with one fist attack I have now gone for a Winged, MoK Prince.

DarkLink
10-16-2009, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=Denzark;27389]I like your second list better Ghoulio. just a word on the Lord, whilst his potential is excellent look at the 'herohammer' thread where someone has math hammered the difference between Kharn and this lord - Kharn wins on averages.
[QUOTE]

That was me. When you mentioned that, I got confused and thought "didn't I post that in this thread?":rolleyes: Anyways, here it is, just copied and pasted;

Oh, and Kharne gets 6 attacks (he has a plasma pistol). That's 7 on the charge. Between the fact that he hits on 2's and wounds on 2's (on the charge), and that he doesn't have an 11/36 chance of taking an auto wound AND doing absolutely nothing that round of combat, I'd pick him over a lord with bloodfeeder.

Bloodfeeder's average number of attacks is 11 (on the charge). 3's to hit, 4's to wound means he'll put 3.666 wounds on a MEQ squad on the charge.

Kharne gets 7 attacks on the charge, hitting on 2's, wounding on 2's. That's 4.86111 wounds on a MEQ squad, on the charge. He will also, statistically, cause .97 wounds on a friendly model.

If the Bloodfeeder lord even does anything at all, he has to roll very well in order to beat out Kharne. Just don't keep friendly units close to Kharne, and you're ok.
Oh, and Kharne gets 2d6 armor penetration. Bloodfeeder doesn't. Kharne laughs at Dreadnoughts, Bloodfeeder lords cry.

I'll add that the Bloodfeeder Lord has to get 15 or more attacks to do better than Kharne (with 15 attacks, he'll do 5 wounds on an MEQ squad). That means you have to roll an 11 on the 2d6. So the Bloodfeeder Lord has about a 6% chance of doing better than Kharne, while having a 31% chance of being completely useless (by rolling a 1 and taking a wound).

Now if you put him on a Juggernought, he does better (+1 Str and Attack), but that has its own problems (can't go in a transport).

Ghoulio
10-16-2009, 05:16 PM
When I was reading through the book last night I thought it said that all Demon weapons use the following rules

- Two handed Weapon
- Power Weapon
- +1 Str
- D6 attacks (rolls of 1 make it so the character doesnt attack and takes a wound)

then any of the god specific ones are just added on top of the standard Demon Weapon (so for example the Slaanesh one would do +D6 attacks, +1 str and cause instant death to any model hit by it). I use army builder and it gives my lord +1str (so makes it Str 5) so 11 WS 6, Str 5 attacks is fairly decent. I can see that Kharne is better, the only issue I have is based on averages every combat he has he will kill one of the terminators (since that is pretty much the only place he can fit. The other issue i have is that Kharne looks like pooooooooo... lol

That being said I can totally see what you mean though. 1 in 3 combats he wont do anything other then kill himself, which isnt so good lol. Just trying to figure out another HQ choice to put in LR with the termies OR I might still just go with the Demon Prince and fly him behind stuff.

This is the model that pretty much made me want to start a Khorne army and the reason for the terminator lord :)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/wezhu.htm

Chumbalaya
10-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Actually, only the Undivided Daemon weapon gives +1S, the rest operate as they read.

Kharne is the best character in the game, he never misses in assault :P