PDA

View Full Version : Online Survey about Tabletop Wargamers: Ask me Anything

MajorMcNicol
12-22-2012, 02:12 PM
A few weeks ago, BOLS posted a blog entry about my online survey for American tabletop wargamers (here (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/11/survey-ivory-tower-gazes-upon-wargaming.html)). This survey has been posted on a variety of other forums and blogs as well, and has received an impressive number of responses so far from the community. The more data we can get, the more accurate any assertions can be concerning the population at large. The survey period ends on January 7, 2013 - about 15 days from today.

So, in the quest for more data, I thought I'd post a reminder here about the survey, as well as open the floor up for questions. I would be happy to take any and all questions about the survey. Feel free to post here in this thread and I will respond as quickly as I am able (depending on the holidays).

Here is the link to the online survey:

https://wmsurveys.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_dgHSGWSJ6bxXM1L

If you have not taken it yet, and are an American citizen over the age of 18, please take it before January 7! Thank you to everyone who has already taken it and to those who have spread the word.

MajorMcNicol
01-04-2013, 06:37 PM
The survey closes on Monday! If you haven't yet, please take it!

lobster-overlord
01-05-2013, 12:34 AM
It didn't allow me to copy/paste my "comments" and I really liked what I wrote. Would there be a way when the survey/research is concluded to get a copy of the particular comments I made without breaking the anonymity of it for you?

Regards,

John M.

MajorMcNicol
01-05-2013, 08:51 AM
John - thanks for the question! I am sorry the copy/paste didn't work out. I tried to allow the most space possible for comments at the end of the survey. I am happy to receive your comments, but in order to not break anonymity I fear our options are rather limited. The best one I can think of right now would be to print our your comments and mail them by snail mail to my program's college address (which I can provide for you). Because I've suggested this to you, I suppose I might be able to infer it was your commentary, but I would not necessarily know, and it wouldn't be tied to your information on the survey results.

Alternatively, if you would just like to offer feedback outside the survey, I would be happy to hear it, although it would not be anonymous.

Thank you for taking the survey!