PDA

View Full Version : SW Scouts

Spellscape
10-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi
What is best config for Wolf Scouts now? Also Do they need Wolf Guard to accompany them? If yes what is best war-gear for him?

The West Coast Knight
10-17-2009, 01:33 PM
I am running 5 Wolf Scouts with
1 x Plasma Pistol
1 x Melta Gun
5 x Melta Bombs

These are great tank hunters but can also nuke heavy 2+ Save Infantry if needed.

I have thought about a Wolf Gaurd with a Power Fist for the needed punch in Assault but I don't plan on then being a Assault unit.

In my last 4 games they have killed the following
1 x Basalisk
1 x Manticore
1 x Land Raider
2 x Hammerheads
1 x Baneblade
2 x Whirlwinds

Not a bad kill count for 150 or so points of Scouts.

WCK

Chaosgerbil
10-18-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't think they can infiltrate, scout, or use behind enemy lines if they are led by a wolf guard.

crazyredpraetorian
10-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't think they can infiltrate, scout, or use behind enemy lines if they are led by a wolf guard.

Correct.
I use 5 Scouts w/ MotW, power weapon, melta, and 5 x melta bombs. Last night, in an Apoc game they killed 2 Predators and 3 TH/SS termies...........Then they died.:D

DarkLink
10-18-2009, 02:30 PM

There are no rules regarding how squad special rules apply to upgrade character types, so we really don't know if they can or not. This is one of the main areas that GW REALLY needs to FAQ, as literally no rules exist explaining how special rules transfer between a squad and these types of upgrade characters, seeing as they are not Independant Characters (which have rules explaining special rule transfers).

Until then, we have to argue over it. In my opinion though, you'd have to be a bit of an [expletive] to not let a wolf scout unit infiltrate even when it has a wolf guard.

Your safest bet, though, is to keep out any wolf guard unless you plan on deploying the scouts normally (in which case you can give them sniper rifles and heavy weapons).

Spellscape
10-18-2009, 02:58 PM
They can even outflank with Wolf Guard by using Saga of The Hunter
Why Power weapon - and not 2nd Plasma pistol? They cost same
also why not to change Bolter pistol to Bolter?

Kanaellars
10-18-2009, 03:09 PM
They can even outflank with Wolf Guard by using Saga of The Hunter
Why Power weapon - and not 2nd Plasma pistol? They cost same
also why not to change Bolter pistol to Bolter?

Wolf Guard cant take Sage of the Hunter.... unless its a battle leader, right?

That seems a bit heavy to put in with scouts...

crazyredpraetorian
10-18-2009, 04:21 PM
To clarify: the codex does not state one way or another whether WG can or cannot join squads. However, regarding WGBLs using Saga of the Hunter, SotH gives him Outflank not Behind Enemy Lines. So, while the issue of WG being in a WS squad is indeed up in the air(after rereading the codex I tend to think WG CAN join the WSs), I would say it is pretty clear that a WGBL can not join a WS squad that is using OBEL.