PDA

View Full Version : 2k tournament list - shrike's debut

redrio
10-17-2009, 11:29 AM
This is a list I was thinking about using in an upcoming tourny.

Shrike - 195
Librarian - Termy & SS, null zone, might of ancients - 140
2x 5 man TH/SS termy sqd - 400
5 man assault sqd - TH & melta bombs - 135
2x LRR - MM - 500
2x 10 man Tac sqd - MM, flamer, fist, rhino - 460
2x AC/HB pred - 170

The plan is to get as many turn 1 charges in as possible between the infiltrating & fleet assault squad with shrike and maybe even the termies disembarking and fleeting out the LRs if the enemy get close enough and depending how open the board is. Once I'm in their face, hopefully the hammer units will do enough damage to carry the game. Predators provide anti horde or light vehicle support, troops go for the prizes while rhinos provide fast moving, annoying, LOS blocking assault bait. AV14 might prove problematic but I have 4 MM in there and the librarian can get S6 + 2d6 if need be...

Against all DSing armies, thanks to the LRs and fleet, nowhere should really be out of reach so I can deploy centrally then pick my fights and just incinerate the rest.

I've not used shrike before (he's really only there so everyone else can fleet) so I don't know if he'll be worth it, or that 5 man assault squad either

Chumbalaya
10-18-2009, 08:24 AM
The 5 man assault squad is not going to be very effective, they exist as Shrike's extra wounds but that's about it. They will drop to any dedicated assault unit.

It's an interesting pick.