PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt Seer Council Mech Eldar

bobdole4eva
10-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Hi all, I need some help deciding on my final unit(s) for my list I'm gonna be using in the GT, the majority of the list is as follows:

Farseer - Fortune, Doom, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding, Jetbike
6 Warlocks - Jetbikes, 4 Destructor, Embolden, Enhance

6 Fire Dragons
Wave Serpent - EML, Spirit Stones

5 Dire Avengers

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Falcon - Scatter Laser, Spirit Stones, Holo-Fields

as you can see that leaves me with 304pts spare, now the 2 options I've come up with are

1) add
10 Dire Avengers - Exarch, 2 Catapults, Bladestorm [152]
Wave Serpent - EML, Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones [140]
as well as adding a Cannon to the Dragon Serpent, which would leave me 2 pts spare

2) add 2 units of
6 Jetbikes - 2 Shuriken Cannons [152]

Anyone got any opinions on which of these 2 would be more effective?

Chumbalaya
10-18-2009, 08:28 AM
How about dropping a Prism down to a Falcon, add another DAVU and pick up another unit of Dragons in a Serpent. Give you 2 cheap and blast scoring units, 2 Dragons in case one gets unlucky, and you don't lose out on much.

Kanaellars
10-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Just a thought... Wolves will be a popular army this year. Have you thought about how you will deal with powers like Tempests Wraith, that force jetbikes and the like to treat all terrain as difficult and dangerous?

I have a feeling you will be hit with it... forcing a lot of rolls for your jetbikes and skimmers.

Ghoulio
10-18-2009, 09:48 AM
With a couple changes you could fit in the following (if you have the models of course :) )

HQ
Farseer + 6 Warlocks on a jet bikes (but with 3 destructors instead of 4)

Elites
2x5 Fire Dragons (each unit goes in each of the falcons)

Troops
2x10 man Dire Avengers + Wave Serpent w/ EML

Heavy Support

2x Falcons w/ Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannons, Holo Fields and Spirit Stones

You get just as many tanks in this army, and those falcons with the holofields are beasts. It is stupid fun watching people try (with no luck of course) to bring those suckers down.

bobdole4eva
10-23-2009, 04:39 AM
Played a game a couple of days ago, a few weaknesses stood out, so heres the update
Farseer - Fortune, Runes of Warding, Jetbike
6 Warlocks - Jetbikes, 4 Destructor, Embolden, Enhance

6 Fire Dragons
Wave Serpent - Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones

8 Dire Avengers - Exarch, 2 Catapults, Bladestorm

5 Dire Avengers

6 Jetbikes - 2 Shuriken Cannons

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

total:1496

wolflold
10-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Try to fit in an squad of howling bansees in a waveserpent, in combo with a farseer with doom. kills any squad with an armour save.

10-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Try to fit in an squad of howling bansees in a waveserpent, in combo with a farseer with doom. kills any squad with an armour save.

Don't do this. Putting assault troops in a non-assault vehicle that you have to turn around to get out of is a terrible idea, and a great way to lose a whole bunch of models at once. your list is better with the standard, but effective build of Seer Council, 2x FD suicide units (I'd switch to Scatter laser though) 2-3x DAVU units (need BL on their transports) and either dakka-falcons or Prisms. I personally like to take prisms. I'd also, think about a smaller seer council. I love mine (9 models at 1750+) but frankly you can use the points better at thsi lower level for more tank hulls, and 5 model council will still be a PITA enough to accomplish the suicide distraction task you need it to.

Ratboy
10-23-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm very interested in seeing how this build works... I've been debating putting together a 'bike council' for my Saim-Hann, and have just been very back/forth on the sheer number of points such a unit would cost. If you can post how the council fares against armies you've fought, I'd be very interested.

Also, I'd try to fit in a few more quick scoring units like the bikes. 5th edition is all about 'dick moves' and grabbing objectives it seems.

bobdole4eva
10-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Yeah I've become very good at making a defeat into a draw through dick moves, usually with my council, because if they turbo boost onto an objective turn 5, and the game doesn't end, who cares, they're hard as nails and people will direct fire at them, leaving your other units safe.

The key I've found with Bike Councils is, you have to realise they cost as much as 2 units of anything else, and you need to minimise points spending and maximise usefulness at the same time.