View Full Version : Orks vs Demons/2000 points lists

sangrail777
10-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Orks
Ghazghull Thraka - 225
Wazdakka Gutsmek - 180

Elites - na

Troops
Meganobz - 425 (10) 5 kobmi's (allowed by Ghaz)
'Ard Boyz - 335 (30) Nob, PC
Boyz - 195 (30) Nob, B'Choppa
Warbikers - 300 (12) (allowed by Wazdukka)

Fast Attack
Deffkoptas - 175 (5)
WarBuggies - 80 (2) Scrochas

Heavy
Deff Dred -85 scorcha, big shoota

Total: 2,000

VS.

Daemons
2000 pts.

Epidemius
Kugath

10 plagueBearers w/icon
10 PlagueBearers w/icon
10 PlagueBearers
10 PlagueBearers
5 nurglings
5 nurglings
3 beasts
1 DP w/MoN, Iron, wings, Demonic Gaze
1 DP w/MoN, Iron, Gave, breath, cload, wings

I got the orks, any ideas, plans, tactics? mission is undecided for now. Ideas on how these lists will interact?

I know he is gonna use the DP's to rush my flanks. He plans on keeping the nurglings low until he gets his kill tally up to use Epidumius ability on them to full effect. the PlagueBearers will be his line of death he plans to march across the board killy all that come into contact.
Thx for any thoughts.

Chumbalaya
10-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Poor list vs. poorer list, Orks should do well. Knock out Ku'Gath and the DPs and his army can't touch you.

sangrail777
10-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Ok, head hunt got it. No prob there.
I'm a beer and chips kinda player, but I'd like to try to put together some more competitive builds. Usually don't put my list together this far in advance, kinda just grab what i feel like off the shelf and go at it. So whats poor about this list? I've got about everything in the codex and then some to work with.

Chumbalaya
10-19-2009, 08:06 AM
It's a mishmash of various things. You've got 60 footsloggers (why take 'Ard Boyz when you can get Grots cheaper?), Warbikes with no PK and only one unit, walking Meganobs, no anti-tank (not a problem vs. Daemons of course, but I'm talking in a more general sense), and a single vehicle. Ghazzie and Wazdakka don't mesh well together: Ghaz fits better in a mech or footslogging list to get the most out of his Waagh! move (bikes don't Waagh!), while Wazdakka is suited to a biker list.

sangrail777
10-19-2009, 08:57 AM
So a lil bit of this and that makes it a poor list, cuz it's not centered around a type ie: bikers, footsluggers, etc. ok i can see that.
Yeah wasn't worried about anti tank cuz this list is specifically to fight the Daemon list
the warbikers where thrown in to have something fast exploit any situation
Wazdakka just cuz it makes them troops and now can claim an objective if need be

I figured the 60 boys and meganobz rolling w/Ghaz would be pretty good footslugging whaagh types.
I don't really care for grots, and figured the 'ard boyz would be more survivable.
I suppose I could achieve the same with boyz in a truck and that could free up some points for more boyz though

sangrail777
10-19-2009, 09:00 AM
i meant instead of using wazdakka and bikers I could toss 10 boyz in a truck and get some more boyz too

sangrail777
10-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Ok thought about it, hows this?

Orks
Ghazghull Thraka - 225

Elites - Meganobz - 245 (5) 2 Kombi's, Trukk

Troops
Meganobz - 245 (5) 2 kobmi's, Trukk, (allowed by Ghaz)
'Ard Boyz - 335 (30) Nob, PC,
Boyz - 215 (30) Nob, PC,
Boyz - 215 (30) Nob, PC,
Boyz - 130 (10) Nob, PC, Trukk

Fast Attack
Deffkoptas - 225 (5) twin linked rokkit launches
WarBuggies - 80 (2) Scrochas

Heavy
Deff Dred -85 scorcha, big shoota

I figure this increases my Boyz alot. Plus added in a few Trukks. not gonna walk the Meganobz in. Also added PC's to all Nobz. Had to increase the points on the Deffkoptas cuz I realized all my models have Rokkits on'em. So is this better?

Chumbalaya
10-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Trukks aren't all that reliable, but since Daemons have nothing to stop them they should do nicely.

This incarnation is a lot more cohesive. 'Ard Boyz aren't necessary though, especially in such a large unit. Their job is to protect the PK and dish out lots of attacks, not survive. All units require PKs so they can hurt vehicles and tougher targets and bosspoles so they get that useful re-roll.

sangrail777
10-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Thx man appreciated the advice.

SlavesToDarkness
10-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Advice for your opponent:

I regularly play straight Nurgle Daemons and I would not field that list. Epedemius is virtually useless in less-than-apocalypse games and even less useful against orks since his final ability (to ignore saves) is almost useless against them. He's only 55pts cheaper than a Great Unclean One with cloud of flies and a lot less destructive.

Nurglings are usually next to useless and cost only 2 points less than a plague bearer. Better to have more of the one-eyed guys.

Against orks, with their poor saves, I usually take large units of Beasts of Nurgle led by one with Noxious touch. In close combat the S3 orks usually can't touch you anyway.

Always with Daemons, take 2 Monstrous HQs and 3 Monstrous Heavy Support or Soulgrinders.

sangrail777
10-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Well i'll be sure not to tell him any of that then....LOL, just kidding, I'll have to pass that along when i can get him to stop playing Evony.

SlavesToDarkness
10-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Just FYI - this is what I would take against you:

HQ - Kurgath (300)
HQ - Great Unclean One w/ Cloud of Flies, Aura of Decay (185)

Elites - 5 x Beasts of Nurgle w/ Noxious Touch (185)
Elites - 4 x Beasts of Nurgle w/ Noxious Touch (150)

Troops - 10 x Plaguebearers w/ Icon, Instrument (180)
Troops - 10 x Plaguebearers w/ Icon, Instrument (180)
Troops - 10 x Plaguebearers w/ Icon (175)
Troops - 10 x Plaguebearers (150)

Heavy Support - Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Gaze, Noxious Touch, Cloud of Flies (145)
Heavy Support - Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Gaze, Noxious Touch, Cloud of Flies (145)
Heavy Support - Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Gaze, Noxious Touch, Cloud of Flies, Wings (205)

TOTAL: 2000pts

Share it with him if you want! It will make you a better player.

I also vehemently disagree with anyone who says Kurgath is not worth it. He may be expensive at 300pts, but I think too many people just say "only play cheap, efficient things." Kurgath is a damn WRECKING BALL, especially in smaller games (like 1500pts). The extra wound and extra attack is basically worth it all on its own.

sangrail777
10-21-2009, 03:13 AM
Thx SlavestoDarkness
That list really does look more intimidating to face then the one he put together. I'm gonna have to show it to him and talk it over.

SlavesToDarkness
10-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Gaze is very important for pure Nurgle. It's really your only shooting. Plus, on a Daemon Prince, it hits on a 2+. It even handles fast, light vehicles (which Nurgle has TONS of trouble with).