PDA

View Full Version : The Scourged: counts as Space Wolves, 2000 pts.

Chaosgerbil
10-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi, I would love some input on the following list. It is a Tzeencth based force using the space wolves codex, with many converted units.

HQ
185 Canis Wolfborn
100 Rune priest; Living Lightning; Jaws of the World Wolf,

ELITE
119 3x Wolf guard; 2 powerfists; 1 power weapon; 3 combi meltas (for grey hunters)
93 5x Wolf scouts; sniper rifle; mark of wulfen;

TROOPS
175 8x Grey hunters; mark of wulfen;1 melta; rhino
165 5x Grey hunters, mark of wulfen; flamer; razorback w/ TL Lascannon
128 15x Fenrisian wolves; cyberwolf
120 15x Fenrisian wolves;

FAST
70 Land speeder mm/hf
70 Land speeder mm/hf
280 5x Thunderwolf calvary; powerfist; melta bombs

HEAVY
115 Vindicator
120 Predator; autocannon / lascannon sponsons
85 Predator; autocannon / heavy bolter sponsons

I have some notes about the force on:
http://chaosgerbil.wordpress.com/2009/10/09/the-scourged-an-army-taking-shape/

SlavesToDarkness
10-21-2009, 11:59 AM
(1) What is with the 8-man Gray Hunter squads? You get a free 2nd meltagun at 10.

(2) Go all-lasers on one predator.

Chumbalaya
10-21-2009, 04:06 PM
He joins the WG to get 9 men total, it's Tzeentchy ;)

Looks good overall, just a few things.

Sniper Rifle on Wolf Scouts? I don't like them much anyway, but this seems an unusual pick.

Could use Rhinos for your GH, TLLC Razor is a lot of points.

Dakka Preds work just fine for how cheap they are.

Twolf unit is massive, you might be better off with 2-3 and using those points for an Iron Priest or two with his own wolves. More units of cav is a lot better than 1 death star unit.

mkerr
10-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey, Chaosgerbil -- cool looking list!

Here are my commentsL

1. Go with Storm Caller as your second power for your Rune Priest. It's a great way to give your units (and vehicles) some extra survivability. Your Fenrisian Wolves will last at least twice as long.

2. I'd drop a Power Fist or a Power Weapon on your Wolf Guard and go with a MotW instead. I'm loving two MotW in my Grey Hunters squad. MotW and Combi-melta is the way to go.

3. Drop the sniper rifle on the wolf scout and work in a meltagun.

4. Let me know how the Razorback works out. I'm curious -- I'd probably still use a meltagun in this unit.

5. I've been playing with Typhoon Missile Launchers and Multimeltas on my Landspeeders and I really love it. They stay in the back and shoot at side armor unless I need to rush them into MM range. I don't think you can find the points in this list, but if you have the models you should try it out.

6. I definitely don't think you need a Power Fist on your TWC. They are already S5 with Rending. I probably wouldn't even bother with Meltabombs (with 6 S5 Rending attacks on the charge, you have a decent chance of penetrating AV12 and can threaten AV14).

7. Not a huge fan of the lone Vindicator, but some more low-AP weapons couldn't hurt.

Sounds like fun and update us on the final list!

-- mkerr

wolflold
10-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Kind of awkward that Tzeentz using SW rules :S, their arch enemies and all. But i dont see Tzeentz-based army really as an assault army...

Chaosgerbil
10-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the comments!

The sniper rifle was just because I had an extra 3 points honestly... the scouts were mostly so I could include some mutant models and because they seemed like a fun gamnle. You are right though, they need a meltagun if I take them.

I feel like I need plenty of lascannons in this list, and taking a razorback or two are one way of working that in. My friend runs 3 TLL razorbacks in his marines and has good results with them, since they almost always hit.

Mathammer reveals that with 30 TWC cavalry attacks, they have a 27.77% chance to get one glance on a land raider that moved 12". I know hitting that LR that is a worst case scenario for hitting a vehicle, but it is not much to count on. A powerfist or thunderhammer on TWC has both a 13.88% chance to glance and a 27.77% to penetrate. So a fist guy is more dangerous to AV 14 than five plain TWC.

I'm thinking of doing one dakkapred and one laspred. Another option is to take one or two cheap autocannon preds along with the vindicator, turn one everything advances 12" and pops smoke with two wolfpacks running behind. That would mean no shooting on turn one though, and I don't think I can afford that.

In this army the TWC are going to be chaos spawn and the wolves chaos hounds, and I can see Tzeentch using lesser mutated creatures as shock troops and cannon fodder. The Wulfen will be possessed models and I think it fits the theme of change/mutation perfectly. I could definitely see dropping a fist or PW for a one wulfen.

I don't care for the typhoon launcher personally.

Here's a variant made up before I read this feedback, I am still playing around with builds:

HQ
185 Canis Wolfborn

ELITE
152 4x Wolf guard; 2 powerfists; 2 power weapons; 4 combi meltas (for grey hunters)

TROOPS
185 8x Grey hunters; mark of wulfen; wolf standard; 1 melta; rhino

128 15x Fenrisian wolves; cyberwolf

FAST
70 Land speeder mm/hf
280 5x Thunderwolf calvary; powerfist; melta bombs

HEAVY
115 Vindicator
120 Predator; autocannon / lascannon sponsons
160 5x long fangs + squad leader, 2x lascannons; 1x missile launcher; 2x heavy bolter;

Chaosgerbil
10-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Here's the latest version:

HQ
185 Canis Wolfborn

ELITE
114 3x Wolf guard; 1 powerfist; 1 power weapon; 1 mark of wulfen; 3 combi meltas; (for grey hunters)
140 Iron Priest, Thunderwolf mount, 3 cyberwolves

TROOPS
185 8x Grey hunters; mark of wulfen; wolf standard; 1 melta; rhino
165 5x Grey hunters, mark of wulfen; flamer; razorback w/ TL Lascannons
120 15x Fenrisian wolves
80 10x Fenrisian wolves

FAST
70 Land speeder mm/hf
70 Land speeder mm/hf
230 4x Thunderwolf cavalry; powerfist; melta bombs

HEAVY