PDA

View Full Version : The MechInfList is FOR KHORNE

EvilFuzzyDoom
10-19-2009, 10:06 AM
The MechInfList is really really great. FOR KHORNE!
There's dedicated transports so I don't have to wait. FOR KHORNE!
There's always some new fight. FOR KHORNE!
I spill blood day and night. FOR KHORNE!
It's like I'm killing at the speed of light... FOR. KHORNE!

Ahem. So, having recently returned to the 'tubes and discovered that Mechanised Infantry Lists seem to be the RAGE, I reflect on a list I ran back when Berzerkers would jump out of their transports given the first opportunity (sigh). This was of course, a massive mistake back in the day, but I was wondering how people think this sort of list might go today.

Daemon Prince: Mark of Khorne, Wings --- 140 points

5 Chaos Terminators with Icon of Khorne, Chainfist, Powerfist --- 205 points

10 Khorne Berzerkers including Skull Champion with powerfist, Dedicated Rhino --- 285 points

10 Khorne Berzerkers including Skull Champion with powerfist, Dedicated Rhino --- 285 points

Total: 1200 points

Aenir
10-19-2009, 10:27 AM
The MechInfList is really really great. FOR KHORNE!
There's dedicated transports so I don't have to wait. FOR KHORNE!
There's always some new fight. FOR KHORNE!
I spill blood day and night. FOR KHORNE!
It's like I'm killing at the speed of light... FOR. KHORNE!

Ahem. So, having recently returned to the 'tubes and discovered that Mechanised Infantry Lists seem to be the RAGE, I reflect on a list I ran back when Berzerkers would jump out of their transports given the first opportunity (sigh). This was of course, a massive mistake back in the day, but I was wondering how people think this sort of list might go today.

Daemon Prince: Mark of Khorne, Wings --- 140 points

5 Chaos Terminators with Icon of Khorne, Chainfist, Powerfist --- 205 points

Total: 1200 points

I dont run CSM, so forgive me if im incorrect

but dont Rhinos dissallow you from assaulting?

Perhaps a larger Khorne unit in a LR would be good?

Chumbalaya
10-19-2009, 11:35 AM
You can't charge after hopping out of the Rhinos, but they get you there sooner.

Land Raiders, however, do allow you to charge after disembarking, so they would be useful.

Also, bad guys like to hide in their own transports, so you need a way to get them out. Predators (AC/las), Oblits, or Chosen help there.

Something like this might do better:
Lord (isn't an MC, so he won't get shot up first turn)
3 Zerker Squads, 2 in Rhinos (RIP AND TEAR)
Land Raider (SKULLZ)
Preds/Oblits (gets bad guys out of their rides so you can munch on them)
Lesser Daemons (cheap objective holders and fodder)

Probably ends up closer to 1500, but you get the gist of it. As you expand, another LR full of Termies (dedicated), more Zerkers, and some Chosen would fill it out nicely. Kharn is always useful too.